Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Panerai

Dear all,

As above, I'm interested in getting a pam price range about 6 grand is it possible for a preowned/BnIb pam111? Does the year of manufacture aka alphabet affect the value ? Is there other pam around that price with expose back cover? iirc 112 and 111 diff about 1k why? What's the factor that affect the resale value of each individual time piece ? What the diff between a polished case and brushed steel case? What the period of each watch from manufacture till discontinued ? I've read up on Sg roc that I can save the verification cost by send in as repair and let them check on the authenticity of the internal part before purchasing with online dealer, how true is this?

Very Sorry for the wall of text as I wanna do sufficient homework before committing in my first impression on swiss watch.

Best regards,
    Vainkid

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
    Dear all,
    As above, I'm interested in getting a pam price range about 6 grand is it possible for a preowned/BnIb pam111? Does the year of manufacture aka alphabet affect the value ? Is there other pam around that price with expose back cover? iirc 112 and 111 diff about 1k why? What's the factor that affect the resale value of each individual time piece ? What the diff between a polished case and brushed steel case? What the period of each watch from manufacture till discontinued ? I've read up on Sg roc that I can save the verification cost by send in as repair and let them check on the authenticity of the internal part before purchasing with online dealer, how true is this?
    Very Sorry for the wall of text as I wanna do sufficient homework before committing in my first impression on swiss watch.
    Best regards,
    Vainkid
    About S$6k for pre-owned/BNIB Pam 111? possible given the present economic situation. Yr of manufacture affecting value? yes, generally the newer the yr of manufacture, the higher the price. but note that there are some collectors who value the E, F and G series more because it came with a painted dial and are therefore willing to pay more. Diff. btw a polished case and a brushed steel case? brushed steel has a more matt look than the polished case. 112 vs 111? 111 has an 'extra' seconds hand at 9 o'clock so it costs more off an AD. Resale value factors - condition, whether original box and papers are included, and scarcity.

Hope the above helps...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Just wondering why people prefer the painted dials? The sandwich dials look more complex and class. IMHO.

PAM 111 is a good buy and it retains the identity of Panerais.

Someone selling G series for $5.7k....

Comment

What does swan neck means ? For brand new, buying here is cheaper than local ad? Any difference in local & foreign set? Anyone can tell me about the verification thing I mention above and the verification cost?

Comment

What does swan neck means ? For brand new, buying here is cheaper than local ad? Any difference in local & foreign set? Anyone can tell me about the verification thing I mention above and the verification cost?
          Let's see if I am correct a not...

Swan neck is a regullator design in the newer OP X which supersedes OP I.

ETA 6497 hand-wind movement, but now features a swan's neck regulator and completely redesigned bridges
          16 1/2 lignes
          17 jewels
          Bridges personalised by Panerai
          Glucydur balance with Nivarox spring
          21,600 VPH
          Incabloc shock protection
          56 hours power reserve

Buying in this private forum means there is some risk and cheaper than AD for some models. THe best is to send to Richemont for verification. Cost $85.

As for local and forign set.... no diff since I had never heard if a watch has climatised parts. THe diff is authenticity... the risk gets higher if getting from unknown source..... hence the price may also have a slight disc.

Comment

So swan neck regulator protect the crown and contain power reservation ? Very chim eh...

Comment

So swan neck regulator protect the crown and contain power reservation ? Very chim eh...
              No lah.... I think only improve the accuracy and efficiency. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                About S$6k for pre-owned/BNIB Pam 111? possible given the present economic situation. Yr of manufacture affecting value? yes, generally the newer the yr of manufacture, the higher the price. but note that there are some collectors who value the E, F and G series more because it came with a painted dial and are therefore willing to pay more. Diff. btw a polished case and a brushed steel case? brushed steel has a more matt look than the polished case. 112 vs 111? 111 has an 'extra' seconds hand at 9 o'clock so it costs more off an AD. Resale value factors - condition, whether original box and papers are included, and scarcity.

Hope the above helps...
                Bro Ender is right about the current resale value. It stands at under S$6k for a pre-owned piece. I guess the liking for a sandwiched dial vs painted dial is a matter of personal preference. Purists love painted dials as the very first luminors produced in the 1990's feature painted dials. So for a PAM111/112 that belong to the E to G series will spot the painted dials. They are also slightly more expensive than a used piece with sandwiched dial (H series onwards) as painted dials for historic models are already out of production. There is no brushed case for the PAM111/112. The only brushed portion of the watch is the crown guard, so be careful if you were to get a pre-owned piece, I've seen a PAM112G with a polished aftermarket crown guard at one of the reputable grey dealers before. As far as I know, the crystal back is featured on the 111/112 from the E series onwards and they will have the swan neck regulator (just google images and you'll see the description). The swan neck regulator, as the name suggests helps the watchsmith to perform fine adjustments to the watch when its running faster/slower. And as dezy has mentioned, just spend the S$85 for a peace of mind since you're a first time buyer. The watch already costs thousands of dollars, what's a mere S$85 as compared to the price of the watch?
                "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

so even 112 has the crystal back ? what price is consider good for 111 and 112. i dont need painted dial. just normal ones will do... so if u guys buy the pam and not used the original strap, where u guys buy straps from ?

Comment

pam 176 and 177 are titanium case versions of 112 and 111.

you may want to check out if you prefer polished steel or titanium.

Comment

Any diff in price? I think ss would be more than enough for an entry level, don't wanna splurge out too much on a watch, beside pam I wanna get a rollie too. its just me... No offense thou

Comment

Any diff in price? I think ss would be more than enough for an entry level, don't wanna splurge out too much on a watch, beside pam I wanna get a rollie too. its just me... No offense thou

TI more ex.... stick to SS. Why not consider PAM 000 or 210? I think they are good for daily use.

Comment

I can't find any pics of 00. What's the diff between 00 and 111? I like the exposed back case.... Price wise?

Comment

I can't find any pics of 00. What's the diff between 00 and 111? I like the exposed back case.... Price wise?
                            Dude, why don't you do a search of PAM0 on google images. Pricewise, go check out the marketplace on sgroc and be your own judge. I can tell u a good price for the 112 will be 4-5k, but can you find one at that price? U'll have to do your own research and judge for yourself. there are various watch forums out there and there's always paneristi.com. Afterall, what fun is there if you don't do your own research? It's all part of the buying experience.
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                              Dude, why don't you do a search of PAM0 on google images. Pricewise, go check out the marketplace on sgroc and be your own judge. I can tell u a good price for the 112 will be 4-5k, but can you find one at that price? U'll have to do your own research and judge for yourself. there are various watch forums out there and there's always paneristi.com. Afterall, what fun is there if you don't do your own research? It's all part of the buying experience.
                              Hi VainKid,

You can't go much wrong with Bro Des's advice. He's a top notch guy

Cheers
                              Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X