Ferrari range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari range

I've got a newbie question. Is ferarri range of Panerai popular and does it has resale value?

What about the particular model: Granturismo chronograph with the red face? Is this a sought after model?

Another seperate question, for a limit edition of 600 pieces, does it mean if i get a piece of 010/600, it is definitely manufactured and retailed much earlier than a 590/600?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to a newbie.
    [COLOR="Red"]
    [/COLOR]

not popular, no resale value....
    in usa, ferrari range is marked down by 50%
    Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis 7777 View Post
      I've got a newbie question. Is ferarri range of Panerai popular and does it has resale value?

What about the particular model: Granturismo chronograph with the red face? Is this a sought after model?

Another seperate question, for a limit edition of 600 pieces, does it mean if i get a piece of 010/600, it is definitely manufactured and retailed much earlier than a 590/600?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to a newbie.
      Ferrari panerais are not very popular somehow like the GP ferrari watches...resale is VERY bad....go look around some local watch sellers website and you can get the idea..........

one thing to note......Panerai Ferrari watches doesnt have any Panerai branding nor logo at the dial of the watch!!! so no one knows its Panerai!!!

i think the ferrari yellow dial has slightly better interest than the red dial...

at the end of the day...its how you like the watch...to me...its better to get a preowned panerai ferrari series....

know nuts about serial number...as long as its the watch i want....the serial number if good is a plus...thats all.
      Watches kept for the next generation...
      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
      Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
      Omega Speedmaster Date
      Sinn U1

Comment

Thanks Bros for sharing the information
        [COLOR="Red"]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
          Ferrari panerais are not very popular somehow like the GP ferrari watches...resale is VERY bad....go look around some local watch sellers website and you can get the idea..........

one thing to note......Panerai Ferrari watches doesnt have any Panerai branding nor logo at the dial of the watch!!! so no one knows its Panerai!!!

i think the ferrari yellow dial has slightly better interest than the red dial...

at the end of the day...its how you like the watch...to me...its better to get a preowned panerai ferrari series....

know nuts about serial number...as long as its the watch i want....the serial number if good is a plus...thats all.
          Sorry! I don't quite agree with the above 2 responses. How can you compare a Panerai Ferrai with the normal Grand Prix Ferrari. If you are familiar with the Panerai range of watches, there are quite a number of different models from Ferrari range. If it is not popular or of no value, why would Panerai bother to design and have so many different ranges of the watches. Just go to the Panerai website and search for yourself and you can see all the different available models. Some more most of them are limited editions.If you were to say the colour of the Dial, this is again subjective and depend on individual preferences for Colour. The yellow dial has only 2 clock faces versus the red dial which has 3 clock face.

Talking about US prices marking down by 50%,that is even more ridiculous. I have tried to search for it but the prices are pretty comparable Locally. If you can find one piece of such pricing,let me know, I would be very keen to buy it at 50% off the local retail price.

Finding a pre-owned one is even a more difficult uphill task, I have not seen one so far. Please post the url link here if both of you can justify what you have commented above.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaweh View Post
            Sorry! I don't quite agree with the above 2 responses. How can you compare a Panerai Ferrai with the normal Grand Prix Ferrari. If you are familiar with the Panerai range of watches, there are quite a number of different models from Ferrari range. If it is not popular or of no value, why would Panerai bother to design and have so many different ranges of the watches. Just go to the Panerai website and search for yourself and you can see all the different available models. Some more most of them are limited editions.If you were to say the colour of the Dial, this is again subjective and depend on individual preferences for Colour. The yellow dial has only 2 clock faces versus the red dial which has 3 clock face.

Talking about US prices marking down by 50%,that is even more ridiculous. I have tried to search for it but the prices are pretty comparable Locally. If you can find one piece of such pricing,let me know, I would be very keen to buy it at 50% off the local retail price.

Finding a pre-owned one is even a more difficult uphill task, I have not seen one so far. Please post the url link here if both of you can justify what you have commented above.
            my humble opinion is that indeed Pam Ferrari range is not that popular (initially when it's first launched and Panerai won the rights to produce them, there's a hype then it died). If you've the time, speak to the ADs and i'm pretty sure they'll tell you that. No doubt they're limited editions, they share similar fate as Girard Perragaux Ferrari range commanding low resale value.

To find some available pre-owned models locally, pls refer to this website>> http://www.visiotime.com/?page=Product&id=25

the pieces have been there for a long time (partly i believe VT priced them too high and there's a gap in demand compared to other Pams). Again, individual's perceived value of this watch is different and subjective..i personally don't find it worthwhile buying the ferrari range.

there're some real hard core pam owners here and i believe they'll be able to offer more details.

cheers

james
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

On the other hand, I do agree with Mille, hoshi8 and wolfeyes1974 that Ferrari panerais are not very popular. I have a friend who bought his for $11k+ sold it for only $5k and I did the walking with my friend to find a buyer and let me tell you, the walking is worst than 2.4!
              Originally posted by Mille View Post
              not popular, no resale value....
              in usa, ferrari range is marked down by 50%
              Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
              my humble opinion is that indeed Pam Ferrari range is not that popular (initially when it's first launched and Panerai won the rights to produce them, there's a hype then it died). If you've the time, speak to the ADs and i'm pretty sure they'll tell you that. No doubt they're limited editions, they share similar fate as Girard Perragaux Ferrari range commanding low resale value.

To find some available pre-owned models locally, pls refer to this website>> http://www.visiotime.com/?page=Product&id=25

the pieces have been there for a long time (partly i believe VT priced them too high and there's a gap in demand compared to other Pams). Again, individual's perceived value of this watch is different and subjective..i personally don't find it worthwhile buying the ferrari range.

there're some real hard core pam owners here and i believe they'll be able to offer more details.

cheers

james

Comment

Originally posted by Yaweh View Post

what i referred earlier in my postings is Girard Perragaux Ferrari series...not GRAND PRIX series.....go passions and see for yourself...all normal pams are sold out....EXCEPT the ferrari series...SEs at Cort***...THG...have told me about demand for them is LOWER than the normal series....oh about the rare ferrari series part....JW has 1 or 2 of them for sale when i visited them this afternoon...

do visit paneristi and have a poll....perhaps that should clear the air...
                Omega Speedmaster Date
                Sinn U1

Comment

in 2007, cant get stock at all in singapore, every AD sold out. got waiting list. as manufacturing gear up, more avails in mkt. in london in 2007, also not many avails. my guys in london and new york offices asking me to buy for them in singapore. when avails comes in, ADs selling at list price with no discount. some were traded premium 1-2k.

only mention of panerai is "engineered by officine panerai" on the back case. folding buckle provided. however, whole range is only 40 and 45mm.

novelty effect wearing out, with increased production. plus used examples emerging, leading to poor residuals. but i wont go as far as to say cant sell.

you must appreciate and understand the rationale for the range. they are launching more high complications like pert calender, split second chronos, GMTs etc. the aesthetics of the whole thing, down to the stitching on the strap, how it reflects the actual car seat stitchings, dial details reflect car dashboard etc.

in terms of residual values, they fare no worse then other makes that may tie up with a car make for a special series, IWCs with AMG 3 years ago, JLC with Aston, Brietling with Bentley, Maserati with AP.

buy the watch only if you know what it stands for, or own the car.
                  It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                  Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                    give me a pam anytime....esp Pam 233....yum yum
                    Mr Tay, sms you the PAM 233, waiting for your wrist shots. I accept pictures from your Iphone kekkeee
                    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                      bro...when u say GP, most of us know u r refering to that brand, girard perregaux, not grand prix lah. hehe.

dun know why yaweh think otherwise.....well, it is true that ferrari range of watch by panerai is not selling well, and the resale value is bad too.

give me a pam anytime....esp Pam 233....yum yum
                      pam233 is definitely a great watch with a 'great' price to match!!!

there's a red panerai ferrari series selling in the sales section...perhaps yaweh knows the seller or he himself is the seller....just trying to protect his sales.....
                      Omega Speedmaster Date
                      Sinn U1

Comment

Hi Hary, can PM me the price for the 233 ?

TIA
                        Focal JM_Labs .
                        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                        Cartier Santos 100XL
                        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

at present, ferrari range is just not popular. more often than not, the ADs have a few lying around because they are just not as sellable as the 'normal' range.
                          but this is now, who is to say what it will be in the future? maybe prices will shoot up, and then all of us will be kicking ourselves for not buying a few and locking them away in the safe?
                          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                          three times is enemy action and
                          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                          ."

Comment

Low demand on Ferrari watches cos...

1. Not many people want to part with 10K and get others asking if they drive a Ferrari. Then, people will follow up with..."Don't drive Ferrari wear Ferrari for what". This type of comment cheapens the watch.

2. Not obvious to others that it is made by Pam (Doesn't look like Pam or has the words on the front.

3. Those who drive Ferrari won't be interested to wear this as they probably can afford even classier watches.

Lastly, low demand equals to bad resale....even though not high in production. And low resale furthur equals to even lower demand.

The 233 is a great watch. Price is reasonable cos you are getting 1950 case, first in-house movement, GMT, 8 day PR. So many things! But, I can't accept the linear PR display and traded mine away. Still like the PR at the back of 190.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X