Some advice needed for a newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice needed for a newbie...

HI to all the Panerai experts here....been camping here and reading up and finally i got my PAM111K today.... I'm loving it!!!!!

Just wanna know how do you guys here maintain your Panerai?? Do you clean it everyday after wearing etc?

How often do i have to get it serviced??

Last but not least how to know if the watch is winded up enough....i damn scare i wind too much leh....

Any help is much appreciated =)

usually dont clean watch after wearing. however, since it is your first pam, u may want to clean with a lint free cloth to rid the dust and dirt.

as u wind the watch, there is more resistance each time u get closer to maximum. when u encounter increasing resistance, go slowly till u feel it cannot go forward. use thumb and fore finger and do half turns on the crown.

usually if it is brand new, u dont need to get it service in the first 2-3 years unless there is accuracy problem or movement related issues.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Try not to wipe the watch even if it is dusty or what. The most, rinse it with water at the end of your day. And dry it without wiping but wrap a cloth around it to soak up water droplets. This will help you to prevent unneccessary over care scratches.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin View Post
        HI to all the Panerai experts here....been camping here and reading up and finally i got my PAM111K today.... I'm loving it!!!!!

Just wanna know how do you guys here maintain your Panerai?? Do you clean it everyday after wearing etc?

How often do i have to get it serviced??

Last but not least how to know if the watch is winded up enough....i damn scare i wind too much leh....

Any help is much appreciated =)

Congrats on ur first Pam !!!!! u gonna love it everyday like i do for my pam....

normally i just use those cloths for camera lens cleaning....

enjoy ur Pam

finnsim

finnsim
        Rolex SD "m" series
        Omega Speedmaster
        PAM 164K

Comment

Thanks for the advice....haha...i still trying to get used to the winding every morning...

and this whole panerai thing sure is addictive.....esp the strap shopping part....i already ordered like 2 strap liao....

Somebody help me....i think i caught the panerai bug

Comment

Just pass me your Pam and then you would forget about the bug liao

finnsim
            Rolex SD "m" series
            Omega Speedmaster
            PAM 164K

Comment

Congrats to you on your new PAM!

To maintain a PAM, ALWAYS shower and go swimming with it. The strap will become rugged in no time, and it'll keep the watch clean without the need to maintain it. And if you like to eat crabs, BEST! Just use the 111's sheer heft to crack them shells open. The crown guard serves the very purpose of being a stealthy weapon to scratch the paintwork of cars belonging to the ppl who have stepped on your tail. Mwahahahahaha....and I'm just kidding lah.

Basically, I clean my PAM watchhead once a month. As for winding, I presently hold the world record of snapping the winding spring of 2 of my PAMs, spending a total of S$1k on spring replacements. So be careful, count your windings and feel the resistance build-up of the spring. A general indicator is to wind the watch 45 times (depending on the stroke length of every wind) every 24 hrs. But I wouldn't be so concerned if I were u, cos the seconds dial will tell u if time has stopped... I remember being late for an appt cos I didn't know my PAM112 has stopped.
              "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X