Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 232+AP Rubber Clad or PAM 127

Dear Friends,

I am a new comer in this forum. Great forum and learn a lot about watches.

Here is my problem:
    I like to hear some opinions from fellow members, if for the same amount of money, which one do you prefer: "PAM 232 & AP Rubber Clad or PAM 127" and why?

Currently, I am more leaning toward 232 & AP but I really like the size, rarity and look of 127, but at the same time I am worry if the price might go down lower in the future if Panerai issues more special edition. What do you think?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before and thank you in advance for all the opinions.

Thanks.

Buy whichever that give you more satisfaction/happiness etc.

If the value of 127 goes down further, the 232 and AP couldn't be going up. So its not a deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Baclaran View Post
      Dear Friends,

Here is my problem:
      I like to hear some opinions from fellow members, if for the same amount of money, which one do you prefer: "PAM 232 & AP Rubber Clad or PAM 127" and why?

Currently, I am more leaning toward 232 & AP but I really like the size, rarity and look of 127, but at the same time I am worry if the price might go down lower in the future if Panerai issues more special edition. What do you think?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before and thank you in advance for all the opinions.

Thanks.
      strictly my personal view:

1) Pam 127 - it is really a great looking watch. the fiddy case + gold hands + a vintage ammo strap is really a killer combination. price wise, i feel that it is hugely inflated, the bull run started sometime in 3/4 2007, largely fuelled by flippers. will the price hold and continue to go up? i think not (but then in 2007 if you ask me if the 127 will be its present price, i will also say no).

2) Pam 232 - long before its issue, hardcore pam fans were hanking for its creation. when it finally got issued, it promptly got overshadowed by the Pam 249 and has been lagging behind in prices since. Its price has dropped and compared to the other 2 watches, shld be the cheapest. In terms of price appreciation, some pam collectors expect it to appreciate in 2-3 yrs time. How far can it go? Donno...

3) AP Rubber Clad - Not familar with AP at all. But from what I have seen and heard, AP Rubber Clad is not something one will automatically consider in terms of price appreciation. See Destree22et's post in this thread as to which AP may be worth going for - http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=16635

Based on what you wrote, it seems to me that the piece you really want is the 127, if so, just close both eyes and go for it. Getting the 232 + AP may be cheaper (?) now but they will just be temporary and sooner or later, you go back to dreaming abt the 127.
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

ask yourself this question - what is kind and types of watches you like to have it inside your collection if you are collecting aka not selling (at all).

if you are buying to wear for a (short/longer) period then sell it to get other watches, then i would suggest 2 panerai as they tend to retain value compared to AP rubber clad those.

however if preference is variety over retaining value, then it is pam and ap.

i believe that once you have answers to the above 3, your choice is clearer.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am always prefer Luminor over Radiomir, so go for the PAM217 if you can find one in the market.....

Comment

Dear Friends,

@Democritus: Both options will give me MOST satisfaction/happiness, BUT cant afford it. Thanks.

@Ender: Completely agree with your view. I plan to buy ap used too. Thanks.

@triton: I have answered the 3 questions and its leaning toward 232 + ap. . Currently I own daytona 116520, moon 861 & iwc bp 5004. I really like to have pam & ap in my collection. I like variety and no plan to flip....well at least for now.

@116520: Actually I can find 217 too but isnt it for left handed people? Thanks for the input.
            Last edited by triton; 03-05-09, 06:33 PM.

Comment

... Actually I can find 217 too but isnt it for left handed people? Thanks for the input.
              Not sure if the design intent was indeed for left handed ppl but I see plenty of destros worn on the left hand around so I think it really is up to you.
              Do put up pics of the watches when you get them...
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                Not sure if the design intent was indeed for left handed ppl but I see plenty of destros worn on the left hand around so I think it really is up to you.
                Do put up pics of the watches when you get them...
                Destro is designed for left-hander but it's also fine if you wear it on your left wrist. Similarly, it's like if you are wear a normal watch on your right wrist. As long as you are comfy

Dino

Comment

I wear my watch on my right hand. Destros are a bonus cos I can use my left hand to adjust the watch while wearing it. So, if you like to wear your watch on your right hand, there are not many watches made just for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                    I wear my watch on my right hand. Destros are a bonus cos I can use my left hand to adjust the watch while wearing it. So, if you like to wear your watch on your right hand, there are not many watches made just for you!!
                    I'm also wearing it on my right wrist & I'm totally comfy with the normal watch & destro. But, there are some who find the crown hindering their movement.

Dino

Comment

I notice the 127s and 217s are still finding the price equilibrium. It has been moving up and down..very slowly. And there has been many pieces out in the market compared to 2008.
                      I own a Rolex !

Comment

PP Nautilus Jumbo Steel 5711/1A-001 is better

Dear Friends,

Here is my problem:

Thanks.
                        PP Nautilus Jumbo Steel 5711/1A-001 is better

Comment

My opinion is, now that those 2 SE pams are more afforadable and can be physically obtained, get them first. The AP an get anytime but those 2 Pams when times get better will eventually be harder and harder to get. Can't hurt having both a SE Radiomir and a SE Luminor

But that's just my opinion . But just in case, a meteorite Daytona is nice too ))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                            strictly my personal view:

1) Pam 127 - it is really a great looking watch. the fiddy case + gold hands + a vintage ammo strap is really a killer combination. price wise, i feel that it is hugely inflated, the bull run started sometime in 3/4 2007, largely fuelled by flippers. will the price hold and continue to go up? i think not (but then in 2007 if you ask me if the 127 will be its present price, i will also say no).

2) Pam 232 - long before its issue, hardcore pam fans were hanking for its creation. when it finally got issued, it promptly got overshadowed by the Pam 249 and has been lagging behind in prices since. Its price has dropped and compared to the other 2 watches, shld be the cheapest. In terms of price appreciation, some pam collectors expect it to appreciate in 2-3 yrs time. How far can it go? Donno...

3) AP Rubber Clad - Not familar with AP at all. But from what I have seen and heard, AP Rubber Clad is not something one will automatically consider in terms of price appreciation. See Destree22et's post in this thread as to which AP may be worth going for - http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=16635

Based on what you wrote, it seems to me that the piece you really want is the 127, if so, just close both eyes and go for it. Getting the 232 + AP may be cheaper (?) now but they will just be temporary and sooner or later, you go back to dreaming abt the 127.
                            Waliew... dunch quote me ley....

But anyway, in regards to the 3 watches in question:

PAM127 - Moved to grail status as a watch for many Paneristi out there... there's still a strong level of support for this piece, though I would only dump my monies on a piece at about S$20k...if it ever happens :P

PAM232 - Prices now have dropped to about 10k thereabouts. Reports of some ppl getting LNIB pieces under 10k has also surfaced. Quite a nice humble watch if u ask me, and I don't think prices will fall any further for this piece. Alternatively, you can pay 2-3k more to get a PAM190 - JLC 8 day movement included.

AP - The prices of Rubberclad has dropped significantly over the last few months, you can probably get one for around $15k+ thereabouts. Good entry level AP ROO. Just like entry level PAMs (0,5,111,112) there is a strong level of price support, and when times get better, expect them to appreciate slowly but surely, just like Rolex Sports Models.

If u'd notice of late, due to the mini bull run of the stock market, watches are starting to move again. I gather that the perception of a downturn has more or less stabilised in most minds... just a few months ago, you can note that prices of used watches have fallen a lot and they don't move at all. I attribute this to the concept of 'I see u don't buy, I also don't buy...so I'll wait and see'. Now, given new low resale prices, folks are starting to pick up good bargains again.
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                              I notice the 127s and 217s are still finding the price equilibrium. It has been moving up and down..very slowly. And there has been many pieces out in the market compared to 2008.
                              Can't agree more... Just like during good times, if u like a rare watch so much, and one comes along, you'll have to pay tomorrow's price to get it. The same applies for the sales of such watches... you'll have to price it at tomorrow's price to move it (bearing the possibility that the economy could get much worse).
                              "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X