Pam 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 48

What do you guys think about this 40mm? Not really mentioned here.

Thought of starting my collection with this one, but its a tad small. Shop selling at 7K, available now, good buy? Or goodbye?
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
    What do you guys think about this 40mm? Not really mentioned here.

Thought of starting my collection with this one, but its a tad small. Shop selling at 7K, available now, good buy? Or goodbye?
    Not mentioned here as often cos not popular.Panny looks good to have the presence of BIG..You will regret later if you buy 40mm.I hearsay 40 mm resale value sux..why are you thinkin of 40 mm..? smaller wrist??

Comment

Bluedevil, I recommend any 44mm that you can buy with 7k. not 40mm.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

I have a small wrist (6.25") and was advised by my AD to go for a 40mm Pam instead i.e. PAM48. I've had the chance since then to try on a 44mm, and honestly, it doesn't look that bad.

If you're thinking of reselling in future, I agree that there's higher resale value in a 44mm.

P.S. I was offered a lower price for the PAM48. I can let you know via PM.
        My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
        IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
        IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
        IWC 500401 Big Pilot
        PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
        PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
        PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
        Sinn UBlack

Comment

What would the resale be like? Can get 5k on this forum?

Btw can pm me the price u got? Thanks!
          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Bluedevil, I'd recommend that you go for 44mm even if your wrist size is at 6 inch. Fit it with a thick leather strap and the lug overhang won't be obvious. Let's just say that for the case-size vs wrist size ratio, it'll look like you're wearing a 47mm on a 7 inch wrist... I've got a friend who's got a 5 inch wrist wearing a 44mm.... and that friend happens to be a lady.

40mm resale value generally takes a beating more than a 44mm...
            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post

40mm resale value generally takes a beating more than a 44mm...
              Quite true sadly.

I'm the one trying to sell my Pam 48. Got it back when I did'nt dare to get 44mm (used to 40mm watches)... thought it'd be too big for me. Although 40mm fits nicer under workclothes, I think I'll look better with 44mm on, for Panerai at least.

Either way I've realised that Pannies as a whole just don't sing to me.

What's a good price to sell for my Pam 48? 5k plus? Quite new, only purchased Nov 08 from Sincere Watches, have receipts, warranty etc even the cardboard box.

Thanks for your expert advice!

Comment

After all the expert advice, I agree 40mm is too small for pam. I tried it on my wrist and it looked a bit 'off', doesnt have the pam feel at all. Its pam for girlys, or kids.

So mr mild7, I think u should sell it at 3K max.
                Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Bluedevil,

LOL. Agree that 40mm tad small, but a real man can even wear an Explorer and look good. If you need a big watch to define your manliness you are a sad individual indeed (nothing personal, just stating a fact! ). Besides, as you know, one of the reasons I went for a 40mm is because it fit better under longsleeves.

That said I don't deny the 40mm Pannies look better on females. As for kids should not be wearing anything other than a seiko. 3K too low, sorry.

Comment

but sometimes i wonder if a guy doesn't mind a 40mm rollie then perhaps 40mm Pam is ok too? with the crown guard, 40mm pam actually looks bigger to some extent. perhaps pam must wear it big i guess...but i feel that whichever sings to you and it's affordable at that time..just get it..

but i agree that 40mm pam have lower resale value compared to 44mm..

just for discussion sake. if pam comes out with a 40mm with 3 days power reserve, inhouse movement and it's about the same price (or even slightly more say by another $500-$1000 as a regular 44mm pammy (say 104/112)..which one will you get? buy 104/112 just because of the size or go with a 40mm?

cheers

james
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Very individual. Just like how some hoped to see a bigger DJ or DD. And it happens! Now there's the 41mm DD if I'm not wrong. To me, a watch size has to suit its theme, otherwise it just doesn't look right (to me). So, I'm not for a 41mm klassik model, rather, 36/38mm is just right. Similarly, a 36mm sports model will also look weird to me.

For pam, I feel it shld be sized around 44-47mm. A 40mm is still alright if it is for a delicate and slender lady's wrist. So my point is, a diver's watch should look like a diver's watch; a klassik one should be designed accordingly like one. But maybe cos' I'm a conservative person .

Cheers!
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

X2....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse