Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pam 25 Titanium @ 5200 no box no paper = Worth It ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 25 Titanium @ 5200 no box no paper = Worth It ?

I am very new to Panerai, Panerai lovers please advise me.

I came across a prelove Pam 25 Titanium No Box No Papers.
    Comes with Panerai rubber strap.
    The tritium dial (aged abit) overall condition 6/10.
    Selling at SGD 5200

Should I consider the purchase ? Inputs needed.
    Thanks in advance.

Very reasonable price for a no box and paper piece. Titanium sub some more.

Only worry is you mentioned T-dial is 6/10. 6/10 sounds quite bad leh. If the hands are flaking, then you must realise that you will have to spend at least $500 to service and replace the hand. Most importantly, once replaced, it is luminova and no longer Tritium.

If you can live with that, then no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
      Very reasonable price for a no box and paper piece. Titanium sub some more.

Only worry is you mentioned T-dial is 6/10. 6/10 sounds quite bad leh. If the hands are flaking, then you must realise that you will have to spend at least $500 to service and replace the hand. Most importantly, once replaced, it is luminova and no longer Tritium.

what is the meaning of flaking ? (how does it looks like? color fade?)
      can i keep the old hands when they service it ? or must be replaced ?

is this model rare or hard to get, is this a appreciate model ?
      btw what is titanium in a watch ? mind telling in simple words...
      i search wikipedia, its too complicated for me to understand.

Comment

ah... i also comes across a PAM 90 selling at SGD 5800 box with papers ...
        ok ok condition. say 8/10 good ah this set ?

which one PAM 25 or PAM 90 ?

kindly provide advise. thanks in advance.

Comment

adr, panerai watches are about straps, boxes and papers. the whole package makes it so attractive. Officine Panerai changes the watch industry in terms of packaging. The pearbox and etc. IF it is your first Pam. I hope you do not miss out these fun..
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by adr View Post
            what is the meaning of flaking ? (how does it looks like? color fade?)
            can i keep the old hands when they service it ? or must be replaced ?

is this model rare or hard to get, is this a appreciate model ?
            btw what is titanium in a watch ? mind telling in simple words...
            i search wikipedia, its too complicated for me to understand.
            Ok. Let me try.

The tritium may corrode and drop off (flaking). Then you will need to replace them. Sad news is that the agent does not use Tritium hands for replacement anymore. You can choose to keep your old hands but if the tritium is droppin goff, can you take that?

both 25 and 90 are not the rare type. Appreciate or not is like guessing if STI will go up or not.
            25 is made of titanium (lighter and matt) while 90 is Stainless Steel (shiny and heavier)

90 with box and paper for $5800 is also reasonable. Of course, I am not sure what's the lowest you can get but it does look reasonable for surrent prices.

Comment

the looks for both are diff as 25 is a submersible while 90 is the pr.

if either looks doesn't matter to u, i'll take the pam 90 bcoz its a complete set and @5800, its pretty reasonable.

as u mentioned, the 25's condition isn't good, add to the cost of servicing the 25, the price of both will be roughly the same.

Comment

Pam 90 with box for 5800! Sure anot? Where can get?

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                  +1 on the points above. For some reasons which I do not quite understand, the fat hands of pams (eg hr hand of the submersibles and gmts) which are tritium coated tend to flake easily. The hands for the submersibles also tend to corrode quite easily. And for me, if the tritium's lost, a huge part of the attraction is gone. It is these issues (and the existence of a date) that made me unable to commit to a 29 and a 87.
                  If the hands are 6/10 and no B&P, given the current climate for Pams, I think you can go for something better.
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

Originally posted by Mervin View Post
                    Pam 90 with box for 5800! Sure anot? Where can get?

all your post also asking sure ah not / can get meh ? ....
                    can, nowdays economy like that & swine flu ... you tell me leh.
                    desperation calls might get better price ...

Comment

all your post also asking sure ah not / can get meh ? ....
                      can, nowdays economy like that & swine flu ... you tell me leh.
                      desperation calls might get better price ...
                      Definitely possible to get a piece at that price, somemore the PAM90, like the 88 and 104 are in abundance.

As for the PAM25 with T dial, I wouldn't touch it if hands are flaking badly, and the patina is uneven and looks like it's got mould growing on it. Some corrosion on the hands are still acceptable, since that adds to the character of the watch.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

thank you

TQ ... for all the great advise..
                        both watch was sold, i was late.

i'll stick with the old plans ... just need a beginner / basic PAM will do..

Comment

Pams are like that. As long as price is nice, they move very fast. Next time, see, like design, like price....grab. By the time you check around, it willbe gone.

I once sold my Pam 219 after posting for less than 15 mins! When I tell others who responded later its sold, got scolding. But, it really was that fast.

Comment

I'm planning to sell off my PAM 177K(Titanium) complete with triple boxes & papers.Condition 8.5/10. PM me ur asking price if u'r keen.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X