Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAMXXX model numbers

Hi bros,

been looking into PAMs lately, and trying to find an affordable Homage to test water for such massive watches. Feel might be a major tad too big for me as I am like having a puny wrist (as some commented that even 40mm GMTIIc looks a bit big for me )

anyway, that aside, can someone advice me on how the model convention come about for PAM? Been googling but no mention of how like PAM 05, PAM000, PAM111, etc come about.

I only managed to find out how to read the Series, the case back which states the number or watches produced for that series, etc. Other than that, I have no idea how to differentiate the different PAM models

Thanks in advance!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Will this help:

http://www.paneristi.com/
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks bro! i read about the case back frmo that site. guess i dint search deep enuff.

cheerS!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi Exxondus! Come over to the dark side you will not regret hehe...
        In time to come you will not feel 44mm is too big for you trust me
        PAM 233K :woohoo:
        IWC BP 5004 :D
        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
          Hi Exxondus! Come over to the dark side you will not regret hehe...
          In time to come you will not feel 44mm is too big for you trust me
          haha thank rotan, am considering now to try out for just a homage first to get used to the luminor casing, or to just save up and go for the PAM111 directly.

Comment

i have been eyeing for a pam for 4-5 years already. till now yet to get one
            i bought a MM to try on my wrist. but it lasted only 2 weeks.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              i have been eyeing for a pam for 4-5 years already. till now yet to get one
              i bought a MM to try on my wrist. but it lasted only 2 weeks.
              huh how come only lasted 2 weeks? meaning spoilt within2 weeks?

Comment

after 2 weeks the watch end up in my drawer.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  after 2 weeks the watch end up in my drawer.
                  icic, reason being that you don like it cos too cheapo?

how about those that Chriswatch is selling? would they be any better?

anyway when you getting PAM?

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    haha thank rotan, am considering now to try out for just a homage first to get used to the luminor casing, or to just save up and go for the PAM111 directly.
                    I think save up and buy the 111 directly would be a good choice. Or you have friends to let you try out the size of Pam? No point spending the extra money for homage IMHO if you have set your mind to buying a Pam.

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                      I think save up and buy the 111 directly would be a good choice. Or you have friends to let you try out the size of Pam? No point spending the extra money for homage IMHO if you have set your mind to buying a Pam.
                      thanks for the advice.

still considering seriously btw SD and PAM111.

reason being that, maybe I not that into PAM yet so feel that its overpriced.

1) Leather strap and 316 SS vs 904L SS
                      2) Non in-house movement for 111 (or I am wrong?) vs 3135
                      3) Handwind vs Mechanical
                      4) Possibility of overwinding and spoiling the spring due to my inexperience

the list goes on.

I am kinda just started reading up on PAM so bear with me on my above doubts and questions. Don know much abt PAM yet and still reading.

not trying to start another rollie vs Pam war here.

PEACE OUT!

Comment

thanks for the advice.

the list goes on.

I am kinda just started reading up on PAM so bear with me on my above doubts and questions. Don know much abt PAM yet and still reading.

PEACE OUT!

Actually you are right Bro... I agree with you on all the points except the leather strap. Cos this is most fun part to own a Pam. In no time you will be buying straps like an addict.(Going thru this phase now)

My first Pam was a 111 and I also damn blur at first about winding. But trust me you CAN FEEL the tightening of the winds and finally it will stop. Those who break the springs should have very strong arms...

I can understand what you are feeling about Pam. I had the same thinking as you too initially, but I guess watches are about passion and love for the watch, the brand, the history. Everything has a part to play. There are Paneristis that buy Pams pre vendome era at a premium, same thing you said, not in house movt. etc but they still collect it due to love and passion.

My next target might be either a BP or Pam127. Logically speaaking if you want a watch with better tech, the BP beats the 127 hands down. So it's a war between the heart and the brain.

Comment

Well well, another member poisoned by the allure of PAMs!

Straps are the way to go when it comes to PAMs, you can check out how many independant strapmakers there are at this moment as we speak. TONS! And they add soooo much to the joy of watch collecting!

As I always tell newbies, I've got a lady friend who dons 44mm PAMs on her 5 inch wrist. If you're worried about the overhang of the watch lugs, just fit on a 5-6mm thick ammo strap and u're all set, it wouldn't look too huge trust me... and like the others said in perspective, you'll eventually find your Rolex Sports models looking like a boy-sized watch after wearing the PAM for 2 weeks. But if your wrist size is below 5 inches, then go for a 40mm automatic PAM.

And boy oh boy, dejavu here... your concerns about PAMs were just like mine years ago before I embarked on the PAM journey.

Steel is steel, doesn't really matter, you don't bite into it to prove it's mettle like gold yeah? kekekekekeke.... Leather straps are fun, just ask our resident strapmeister Pamdino.

Well, the design concept of the 3135 was heavily borrowed from a base ETA movement, then created, and gradually improved by Rolex to be their own. Though yes, it's an inhouse movement, but then again, how much do you think it costs to manufacture a 3135? A historic manual winding model no doubt houses a modified Unitas pocket watch movement, but nonetheless, very well done. Just pop by any Glycine AD, try out their manual winding models, get the feel of the winding action ... and then visit any (grey) dealers, take the PAM in hand, unlock the crown guard lever, and just wind it to feel the difference....and importantly, see how you connect with the watch... that was what made me hand over 5 grand of moolah for my first PAM, the 112.

Handwind vs automatic you mean? Once you own one, chances are that you'll take every chance to wind the watch. For starters, you should be looking at the PAM111 or PAM5. Why? Cos there's a sub-seconds dial that tells you that the time has stopped ticking in case you forgot to wind it in the morning!

True, I'm an excellent example, and have broken 2 springs... however, be patient in winding, count your winds and you'll be alright. Since learning my lesson in breaking springs, I do not wind more than 35-40 times every morning... and it has to be done every morning.

What you'll need to do is to get yourself a PAM, and then see if you'll still want the SD 2 weeks later. Mwahahahhaha... welcome to the dark side!
                          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

thanks for the advice.
                            the list goes on.
                            PEACE OUT!
                            no worries.. the way i see it, your qn is really which one to get first... cause I think sooner or later, you will end up with both!
                            so my input is grab the 1st one that makes itself available to you with a good price..
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

thanks for the advice.

the list goes on.

PEACE OUT!

you can change the leather straps anytime as you like, but most PAMs does not come with date which is one of the negative point that lead me consider getting a entry level Pam.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X