Explain PAM Homages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain PAM Homages

I'm still quite puzzled how these PAM homages are valid, while still not being replicas.
    Most of these watches like MM include the crown guard, that's supposed to be a registered trademark right? Shouldn't they not be allowed to copy it on a non-Panerai watch?
    Or do they already have some special permission to do so....?

Meaning is selling these homages legal?

PAM gurus, please advise, thanksss
    humblequartz&mechs:
    gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
    tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
    toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Do a search in the forum can liao...old topic....anyway this is a pam section..dun tink it is a good idea to start this thread here...

Just my 2cents worth...cheers..
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm not very sure too... Surely the crown guard is a registered trademark of Panerai but I don't know why other brands are allowed to use it... But heard from some bros that some are the brands are discontinued... Due to what I'm not very sure...

But I think the name MM is not allowed as this name has roots to the Italian Navy. Apparently, Panerai has to seek permission from the Italian Navy to use this name on their watches.
      PAM 233K :woohoo:
      IWC BP 5004 :D
      Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
      Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

I only know that Panerai sue Naplewatches... later oso dunno what happen le..

Comment

In SGROC and many places - Selling homages (crown guard) is legal. Bearing the name "Panerai" is not legal.

If ask Officine Panerai, they will definitely not happy with people who use their crown guard. Therefore, they trademark it. And they will gun down whoever, individuals who made and sell them..

Therefore, they will sue the source in Russia, China and Thailand if OP finds it. Other than that.. OP is pretty helpless. These days the Chinese OP came out with full certs, box, watch guard that comes with their Chinse OP watches. Swee!
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
            In SGROC and many places - Selling homages (crown guard) is legal. Bearing the name "Panerai" is not legal.

If ask Officine Panerai, they will definitely not happy with people who use their crown guard. Therefore, they trademark it. And they will gun down whoever, individuals who made and sell them..

Therefore, they will sue the source in Russia, China and Thailand if OP finds it. Other than that.. OP is pretty helpless. These days the Chinese OP came out with full certs, box, watch guard that comes with their Chinse OP watches. Swee!
            So it means that Panerai knows about all these monkey business going on but has no way to stop it? That's sad....

Wa nowadays China so power... Even got cert... Secali bring watch go Richemont verify also cannot tell haha...

Comment

I think illegal la as Panerai trademark their crown guard liao, but why care? We buy we wont tio, only people selling got problem ba, unless you want to sell yourself?

I wear my MM watch out, people only comment that it is nice, but no one know what watch is it.. Guess many people in SG dunno Panerai. Mass consumers are too underexposed and only know omega and tagheuers.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                I think illegal la as Panerai trademark their crown guard liao, but why care? We buy we wont tio, only people selling got problem ba, unless you want to sell yourself?

I wear my MM watch out, people only comment that it is nice, but no one know what watch is it.. Guess many people in SG dunno Panerai. Mass consumers are too underexposed and only know omega and tagheuers.
                yea, roughly got the idea already. read the past thread about this.
                the hommage from ken trading was taken down man...but these are still traded around at a fairly premium price nowadays.

i wouldnt say pple are underexposed. you wont see panerai much anywhere on the mass market magazines, billboards...etc. only when one gets more interested in watches (or friends wear one), then these brands become more prominent.
                humblequartz&mechs:
                gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
                tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
                toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                  So it means that Panerai knows about all these monkey business going on but has no way to stop it? That's sad....

Wa nowadays China so power... Even got cert... Secali bring watch go Richemont verify also cannot tell haha...
                  v soon they will open one called Richmont in China where you can bring their watches there to verify that inside indeed china movement

maybe cost 75 bucks
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    v soon they will open one called Richmont in China where you can bring their watches there to verify that inside indeed china movement

maybe cost 75 bucks
                    I think have Panerai Boutique in Shanghai leh...I think Richemont would be foolish not to open there... The market there is MASSIVE with all the billionares...

Comment

Yeap, I've personally gone to the Shanghai Boutique. I was the first person to walk into the Boutique on it's opening day sometime last year. Their SE's knowledge of PAMs were not impressive back then, I sure hope they've improved by now.

Homage Homage Homage... if it's legal by any means, Panerai wouldn't have taken action against RXW and won, cos the MM20 doesn't have the word 'Panerai' on it no? It's not just about the brandname 'Panerai' on the dial, think about it. As for Naples watch, they're made an example to any dealers trying to make a fast buck outta the...erm...'homage'.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

panerai hq definitely knows... it's a question of whether they want to pursue the matter...ask kenwatches and naples, they thought they cld get away with it. Wonder who will be next...
                        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                        three times is enemy action and
                        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                        ."

Comment

Thats why now all the homages go up in price cos getting rarer... But IMO it's still a matter of personal choice whether a person wants to go for a Pam or Homage. As long it's not fake Pam I'm fine with it

Comment

Thats why now all the homages go up in price cos getting rarer... But IMO it's still a matter of personal choice whether a person wants to go for a Pam or Homage. As long it's not fake Pam I'm fine with it
                            whether a homage = fake will always be debated. for me, as long as a buyer knows that he is getting a homage for the price he is paying, it's ok..
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

aiya, small fry selling homage they dont care one la, hard to squeeze juice from a rock as well... Ken trading and naplewatches got money ma...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X