Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade 233 dial?

Hi all,
    Sent my 233K for servicing and was told a day later that they are going to upgrade my dial. Anybody have any idea what is all about regarding the upgrade dial? Never heard of a 233 upgrade dial before. Anyway, they are upgrading for me free of charge. Any expert can share or do anybody have any ideas on the upgrade dial?
    Thanks and regards,
    Bemyself

You serious? If I'm not wrong they are going to upgrade your dial with the am/pm indicator. Did they say how long it would take? So it's your call bro...
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
      You serious? If I'm not wrong they are going to upgrade your dial with the am/pm indicator. Did they say how long it would take? So it's your call bro...
      It'll take 2 months for the manufacturer to sent the dial over and have it fixed. I'll talk to Richemont on my decision not to change.

Comment

The time sounds about right... So is it confirmed that they are doing a "free" upgrade to am/pm?

Comment

This is all very strange. My 233 just came back from a full service too under warranty.. the dial came back as it is. Unless.. your dial was damaged for some reason.. even so, they should have the old dot dial?

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
            Hi all,
            Sent my 233K for servicing and was told a day later that they are going to upgrade my dial. Anybody have any idea what is all about regarding the upgrade dial? Never heard of a 233 upgrade dial before. Anyway, they are upgrading for me free of charge. Any expert can share or do anybody have any ideas on the upgrade dial?
            Thanks and regards,
            Bemyself
            this is the first time i ever heard the service centre offer free upgrade of the dial...Lets take the J is out of warranty,and applicable to only those still under warranty,K serial 2000 pieces of 233s they gonna upgrade... if this is really happening,than it is not just the dial change...even the mechanism underneath the dial etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              if that is the case, should i sent my 233 to change to a new dial too? i wonder will they put back the GMT hand FOC for me?
              to me this dotted am/pm indicator is very unique design,only the 233,289 & 277 have this indicator design. All other 8 days 200,201,268 10days 270,235,273,274 and the Chrono 275,311,317 are arrow am/pm indicator...more of the arrow am/pm indicator akan datang....so why join the rest when you are the best.

Mr Tay,they will ask you if you like to have the GMT hand back on your watch for two thousand dollars...

Btw TS,whats wrong with your 233K?

Comment

why did u sent your new K series for service in the first place? isn't it a bit too fast to service a k series? my H series 104 still keeping good time. just got my k series 233 too.
                It's a 8 months watch.I'm uncomfortable hearing the " ratchet" sound when winding. It seems like the gear inside is not locking.

Comment

Originally posted by coolblue View Post
                  This is all very strange. My 233 just came back from a full service too under warranty.. the dial came back as it is. Unless.. your dial was damaged for some reason.. even so, they should have the old dot dial?
                  this is my main concern and that's why I'll be calling them the first thing in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    this is the first time i ever heard the service centre offer free upgrade of the dial...Lets take the J is out of warranty,and applicable to only those still under warranty,K serial 2000 pieces of 233s they gonna upgrade... if this is really happening,than it is not just the dial change...even the mechanism underneath the dial etc..
                    Will keep all of you update tomorrow.

Comment

agree ! dont take the shine away...

Comment

haha. thanks for the reply, louie. so u still have 2 x 233?
                        sold the K le...having the I now. Mr Tay,just curious...have you brought camera already..

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
                        Will keep all of you update tomorrow.
                        wah bro,sounds like it is not just the dial upgrade...more like more than an "upgrade" on the watch. Appreciate the update....thanks.

Comment

Hi all,
                          Talked to Richemont this morning. Confirmed that the dot dial will still be the dot dial. The reason for the upgrade is because of some issue with some batches. Not so sure what problem as Richemont was informed by the manufacturer to explain this way. Maybe sort of the coating something like that. Anyway had informed Richemont to let me have a look at the updated dial prior to change for peace of mind.
                          Thanks for the advice and concern from the brother here.
                          Regards,
                          Bemyself

Comment

i think its not the dial problem,anyway thanks for the update...

Comment

But if nothing better don't change... In case when the watch comes back you will not happy...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X