Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai 114 or Omega speedy 3573.50

Hi,

Can someone give me some opinion on this cause I'm interested with this 2 watches not sure which is the better choice Panerai 114 or Omega speedy 3573.50

omega is about 1k to 2k cheaper then Panerai.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Derrick

I will get the Panerai...

Reason because Panerai looks better, is the in-watch, has better resale value, etc, etc
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      I will get the Panerai...

Reason because Panerai looks better, is the in-watch, has better resale value, etc, etc
      im not sure about the in-watch thing. but i have to agree that it has better resale value.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by derrick78 View Post
        Hi,

Can someone give me some opinion on this cause I'm interested with this 2 watches not sure which is the better choice Panerai 114 or Omega speedy 3573.50

Thanks in advance
        bro, u sure omega and panerai 1 or 2K difference?

Comment

Both r gd choices. No regrets la. Your personal liking is much mre important. Gd luck!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            im not sure about the in-watch thing. but i have to agree that it has better resale value.
            An advice or u can ignore. Maybe I do not talk sense here as in comparing apples n oranges. Buying things is to fulfil our needs or urge. However the market is different these days especially only if a branding is popular. Take NIKE for example. NIKE in the 90s is really the IN thing especially in 95 onwards with 2 models in Mind- Air Max 95(Grey w Green model) and Air Jordan series. Air MAX 95 can cost u like SGD$229-240 when brand new back in 95&96. The JAPANESE market FRIED that model so HOT such that ppl willing to pay min. SGD$300 to $400 for a USED Pair. Things got out of Hands and some JAPANESE willing to pay up to SGD$800/- for a BNIB.

Now look at the same shoe again-Air Max 95. How much does it cost ??? Ask around.

What abt a common topic like property ??? Is 5 rm still in-demand as 4 rm ??? Or is it the Location which is more of a important factor nowadays ??? Well, it's up to consumer to decide if he want SPACE for Luxury or LOCATION for advantage. If u want BOTH, be sure to PAY more if opportunity comes.

So if u r following the HYPE or the TREND. Be sure u know what u want. Is it a Long Term or a Short Term ownership ? If u care about the Values n Heritage, then U r in the correct forum which y u r here.
            Last edited by kermit e froggy; 06-05-08, 08:14 PM.
            the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by derrick78 View Post
              Hi,
              Thanks in advance
              As most have already indicated, get what you want.
              If you concern about resale value, neither. If you want to go into pams, advise you to start off with a 44mm luminor black dial first...
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

I've been into Speedmasters and have owned the 3570.50 (moon watch), 3577.50 (Moon to Mars), multi colored dial, etc, etc. Some I have sold them, some were even sold in this forum...

Be prep to lose close to 40% and up to 50% of the buying price of brand new Speedmasters if you're thinking of selling them in future.

As for Panerais, at the current moment, they're able to hold their values extremely well, maybe even better than Rolexes. Take the 104 for eg, a brand new pc hovers 7.8K to 8K. A pre-owned one may cost around 7K to 7.2K. We're only looking at a loss which is only around 10%!

Well, of course, if one's so certain that he/she'll hug the watch and sleep for the rest of his/her days, then pls, ignore resale value and buy what you like.

Otherwise, if you can't omit the possibility of selling it in future, then it's only sound to get something that can hold it's value well.

Having said that, the biggest factor that you shld consider, as correctly pointed out by the rest, shld be how much you really like the watch...
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

From what i see in pre-owned markets..panerai holds it's value well...not to mention that it's very presentable & doesn't look out of place if you're hanging around with colleagues who wear Rolex/Omega/Breitling...

wish i could find a cheap entry level one. haha.
                  Last edited by Mille; 06-05-08, 10:06 PM.
                  Opportunities come once

Comment

Thank a lot for all the comment. I might go for PAM 104
                    Regards,
                    Derrick

Comment

good choice won't go wrong on this one.

Comment

Buy what you like and want most. When trend dies off you will cry.
                        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                        Rolex LV submariner
                        Rolex TT black submariner
                        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                        Rolex Non date submariner
                        Rolex Explorer2
                        More...

Comment

look at 111, 005 too...

Comment

Omega = Poor Man's Rolex (in fact i think it was some PAP guy who coined the phrase!)

Panerai = The New Rolex

I do so love my rolex, but this seems to be the case these days....This Panny phenomenon is unlike anything we've ever seen before!.....well, maybe only with Rolex..
                            There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

is panerai = new rolex? if panerai increase production numbers to that of rolex, will it still have the same following and status?

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                              Omega = Poor Man's Rolex (in fact i think it was some PAP guy who coined the phrase!)

Panerai = The New Rolex

I do so love my rolex, but this seems to be the case these days....This Panny phenomenon is unlike anything we've ever seen before!.....well, maybe only with Rolex..
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X