88 vs Rolex GMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 vs Rolex GMT

any brothers here who owned both or experience handling both models?

what's the difference between the function of both watches? e.g. setting of the GMT hand. etc...

Rolex win hands down

More mature branding, longer history, in-house mvmt, more popular, proven reliability since 1950s with GMT from Rolex.

88 is not in-house, shorter in history, less known & still not proven yet as it's still new in the mart when compared to Rolex GMT.

I say if you want to be understated in term of branding, daring in term of look, special and exclusive, go for 88.
    If you want to be overstated in brand, conservative in look, orthodox & steady, go for Rolex.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
      More mature branding, longer history, in-house mvmt, more popular, proven reliability since 1950s with GMT from Rolex.

88 is not in-house, shorter in history, less known & still not proven yet as it's still new in the mart when compared to Rolex GMT.

I say if you want to be understated in term of branding, daring in term of look, special and exclusive, go for 88.
      If you want to be overstated in brand, conservative in look, orthodox & steady, go for Rolex.
      Well said

Dino

Comment

how are the hands set in the 88? can they do a quickset independently on both the hour and GMT hands forward and back like the Rolex?

Comment

No biase, fair for both brands.

Comment

Being a base-head... I'd say Rolex GMT2C over the 88. The dial of the 88 looks too cluttered for my liking. Maybe you should go and try out both on your wrist and see which sings to you more. I used to be pro-88 whenever it's been compared to a Rolex, but not since I've strapped a GMT2C on my wrist. It's really well built this time round.
            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Agreed! Own both a Rolex GMT-II & a Pam 88 and love them both
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Oh ya.... I would go for GMT IIc. 88 a bit too complicated on the dial.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X