Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch winder...

Hi to all,

Do u guys think that its necessary to get a watch winder as I seldom wear my watch to work?
    Probably, i will only wear them during weekends...and i also heard that unless ur watch is a perpetual calendar watch, then u will need to get a winder becos its very troublesome to change the date.
    I had seen from some reports saying that most of the winders for 4+6 comes with 2 rotating mechanisms for 4 watches, meaning 2 on each mechanism.
    The question is, if I hav 2x44mm watches on the same rotating mechanism, will it rub against each other and hinder the rotation?
    If yes, then is there any recommendations on which type of winder to get? I was looking at MITCH & MARC watch winder but its beyond my budget.
    Pls advice....

No need.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

if u want to get a winder, u may consider the eilux one for sale in garage section. about 550
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

buy at least 3 watch winder, best if u can buy 6 or more slots type. Then u will fill up all the slots with your prized watches!!
        There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

For me i will go for branded winder, what is the cost of the winder compared to ur expensive watches, besides it will not be that noisy after long usage and mine i hv to do some modification so that it won't scratch my watch bracelet links.

BUBEN AND ZORWEG, Scatola del Tempo, orbita, Wolf are all the good brand, i hv used the orbita and Wolf before. Good! dammn regret that i sold them to get a cheapo (but more slots) china made winder.........for my expensive rollies. Spend it and forget abt it.

But what Triton recommended is also a good brand. hor.. Bro Triton?

Comment

Also watch out for winder without glass cover, and esp those that displayed in vertical position. Once it's rotating and if it's not secured properly, the whole watch with the pillow will pop out and your few thousands dollar watch will fall like a rock and u will CRY!!!

Comment

no need...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Haha...everyone hav their point of view...I guess that the conclusion is that: If i wanna get one, buy a good one...if not, then forget about it!
                Thanks alot!

Comment

FAQ on winder
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Just finished reading the above..haha very informative, esp on the FAQ on winder posted by triton....came at the right time...cos am looking for a watch winder but still unsure on what to look out for....

just a quick check out here...anyone doing a MO on watch winder? haha if yes, can let me know....thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      Interesting read. Thks for sharing.

To me, the primary benefit of winders is the conveniences they render. Have been using triple & double winders from Orbita and triple winders from Underwood and they have worked well with my watches.
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Thanks Triton!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X