There can be only one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There can be only one....

Wah........being in this forum really got poison man......
    PAM got so many hardcore fans...

What i wanna know is what model is good for a beginner and i can only get 1.
    I prefer the automatic models though.
    and destro is good... i like...

there seems to be many numbers all over the shop that i get confused... and the letters...so what is what and What should i consider getting?

thanks
    SRC is bad dealer !

If you prefer automatic ones, then it's the contemporary series. For a start, can look at the 104

I prefer the historic series (hand winding) though. Love the see through case back
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

How about PAM 111, simple and clean dial
      [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
      [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
      [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
      [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
      [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
        Wah........being in this forum really got poison man......
        PAM got so many hardcore fans...

What i wanna know is what model is good for a beginner and i can only get 1.
        I prefer the automatic models though.
        and destro is good... i like...

there seems to be many numbers all over the shop that i get confused... and the letters...so what is what and What should i consider getting?

thanks
        from least expensive: Pam 104, Pam 88, Pam 90. These are all popular automatic Pams that u can consider. Go to www.paneristi.com to see all the Pams models then decide which u like best and I'm sure u will learn alot about Pams there. If budget is a big consideration, then u juz have to remember that as in all watches, especially Pams, rarity correspond to higher prices.
        HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
        REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

someone called for Pammy 111?

Originally posted by Hary View Post
          How about PAM 111, simple and clean dial

Comment

bro pingpong, very shui , one of my favourite PAM. It's a classic
            [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
            [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
            [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
            [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
            [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
            [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

If I had to choose only one panerai...

... i'd choose the pam 22 (destro luminor marina). Solid caseback; painted dial; open 9. And of course, all the better if it comes with a T-dial.

In your case, if you'd like an automatic destro, then there is only one that i can think of. The 123. But be prepared to shell out top dollar for this baby.

Comment

Originally posted by 2277 View Post
                ... i'd choose the pam 22 (destro luminor marina). Solid caseback; painted dial; open 9. And of course, all the better if it comes with a T-dial.

In your case, if you'd like an automatic destro, then there is only one that i can think of. The 123. But be prepared to shell out top dollar for this baby.
                made some good frens who are pam owners and realised that their historic models are also very nice..

hence i realise that i want something else.......

anyone can guess ? lol
                SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
                  made some good frens who are pam owners and realised that their historic models are also very nice..

hence i realise that i want something else.......

anyone can guess ? lol
                  Hmmm... pam 2A??

Comment

Hi, I know next to nuts about Panerais. But if I were to get a mechanical, as opposed to automatic, does it mean that I have to wind it daily (or ever two days) even if I don't wear them? Will the watch mechanism be damaged if left unwound over a period of time?
                    WISHLIST
                    Yachtmaster2 116688
                    Sky Dweller
                    AP ROO Black Theme
                    WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
                      Hi, I know next to nuts about Panerais. But if I were to get a mechanical, as opposed to automatic, does it mean that I have to wind it daily (or ever two days) even if I don't wear them? Will the watch mechanism be damaged if left unwound over a period of time?
                      an automatic watch is also considered a mechanical watch BUT with self-winding capabilities.

Keep hearing people use mechanical vs automatic and that manual wind is considered mechanical where as selfwinding is considered automatic. In actual fact, mechanical watch is like a huge umbrella covering any watch that uses a spring to drive its movement as compared to batt (electricity)

"A mechanical watch is a watch that uses a non-electric mechanism to measure the passage of time. They are driven by a spring (called a mainspring) which must be wound periodically, and releases the energy to turn the watch's wheels as it unwinds. "

believe u are looking for the manual wind mechanical watches from PAM.

1) Yes, have to wind daily (or as and when you want to use it) some have 2 days power reserve, some have 8-10 (i,e, 233)

2) Ulikely will spoil if left not moving for a period of time. Unless you mean decades or centuries, then might have issues. Weeks and months should not have issues (ie with the assumption that they are stored properly and not in extreme temperature places like freezer, oven, etc)

cheers!
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

111 is a very good choice but it's hand wound. Why not consider the 270 if you have more budget? It's a gem... Looks close to 233, fave for many of our bros here.
                        PAM 233K :woohoo:
                        IWC BP 5004 :D
                        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

PAM 270 is waaaaaayyyyyyy out of my league...
                          WISHLIST
                          Yachtmaster2 116688
                          Sky Dweller
                          AP ROO Black Theme
                          WG Submariner

Comment

Then perhaps you might want to take a look at the new models from Panerai. Pam 312 I would say that it has all the elements you want. Maybe if you are willing to shell out more, the Pam 320 would be nice with the additional GMT function.
                            PAM 233K :woohoo:
                            IWC BP 5004 :D
                            Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                            Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Pam312 and Pam 320 certainly look awesome I couldn't locate the approximate prices for the Pam 312 or 320 though...

Noted that you've got a Pam233, would you mind sharing how much you paid for it and when?
                              WISHLIST
                              Yachtmaster2 116688
                              Sky Dweller
                              AP ROO Black Theme
                              WG Submariner

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X