Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with Strap Culture or Strap Works straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Strap Culture or Strap Works straps?

Hi,

I am considering to get an after-market strap for my Pam 104.

Cannot decide whether to get the:

1) Strap Culture - Legend II; OR

2) Strap Works - 1860

Has anyone has any experience to share on these straps, in terms of quality and such? Thanks a million.
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

well..can consider GSD Straps too..nice and durable..soft too...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      well..can consider GSD Straps too..nice and durable..soft too...
      Sir, but the GSD price is too hard for me to swallow leh...

Both Strap Culture and Strap Works prices are more affordable.

Comment

oic..haha..juz a suggestion....truly value for money..

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
          Sir, but the GSD price is too hard for me to swallow leh...

Both Strap Culture and Strap Works prices are more affordable.

A good watch must go with good straps.. : )

U already spend so much on 104, what is another couple of hundred.

Comment

hahaha...yeah...GSD STraps are truly in a class of its own..no regrets...

Comment

Originally posted by denteo View Post
              A good watch must go with good straps.. : )

U already spend so much on 104, what is another couple of hundred.
              Well said. Local collectors must change their mindset. Willing to fork out so much money for the watch, but when it comes to buying strap, most would hold back. A good quality strap would every much enhance the look of the watch.

My straps collection is more than enough to buy a entry level Pam. Just to let you know how important I think the strap is to the watch. Just my frank & honest opinion.

Comment

feilong108, denteo & PamDino,

I really appreciate your honest and valuable comments.

The challenge I face is not able to view the straps in person. By looking at the pictures in the web, I find it difficult to "visualise" how the watch will look with the strap. As such, the reluctence to spend "too much" in case the strap does not look good.

But with the ability to "feel & touch" and appreciate the various shades of brown or colours, it will help to promote this so-called strap mindset.

Futhermore, most of these "high end" straps (I visited most, if not all, of those listed in Paneristi) offer limited colour options for people (like me) who wants to add a dash of colour to a classic watch.

BTW, I like the look of the GSD straps and also the "key fob" and the "belt with Pre-V buckle".

hmmm.... maybe a GSD strap when I get the PAM 268.

Thanks again.
                Last edited by champagneluver; 20-07-08, 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling correction...

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                  feilong108, denteo & PamDino,

I really appreciate your honest and valuable comments.

The challenge I face is not able to view the straps in person. By looking at the pictures in the web, I find it difficult to "visualise" how the watch will look with the strap. As such, the reluctence to spend "too much" in case the strap does not look good.

But with the ability to "feel & touch" and appreciate the various shades of brown or colours, it will help to promote this so-called strap mindset.

Futhermore, most of these "high end" straps (I visited most, if not all, of those listed in Paneristi) offer limited colour options for people (like me) who wants to add a dash of colour to a classic watch.

BTW, I like the look of the GSD straps and also the "key fob" and the "belt with Pre-V buckle".

hmmm.... maybe a GSD strap when I get the PAM 268.

Thanks again.
                  First of all, why I did not want to comment on your main topic it's because I'm selling SC straps & I do not know to say they are good, just because I'm selling it. Others may have the wrong idea. Secondly, I do not own a Strap Works strap, so I can't compare. But, from what I see from their website, I do not like it. I would only say SC strap is good value for money & a good starting point to the world of straps.

By now, you should already know that I'm also selling some brand new straps. If you are really interested in buying, we can meet & I can show you some of the straps. You can have a feel before you make your decision. Those that I have are typically 24/24 125/75 or 130/80. Just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                    First of all, why I did not want to comment on your main topic it's because I'm selling SC straps & I do not know to say they are good, just because I'm selling it. Others may have the wrong idea. Secondly, I do not own a Strap Works strap, so I can't compare. But, from what I see from their website, I do not like it. I would only say SC strap is good value for money & a good starting point to the world of straps.

By now, you should already know that I'm also selling some brand new straps. If you are really interested in buying, we can meet & I can show you some of the straps. You can have a feel before you make your decision. Those that I have are typically 24/24 125/75 or 130/80. Just let me know.

Bro PamDino,

Thanks for your kind offer. Yes, I had checked out your post on the sale of the SC straps. Just that it is not the colour I am looking for.

I am actually looking for a RED strap and after searching high and low, finally ordered a SC Legend II strap in RED.

Now looking forward to the delivery.

Comment

Pam 104 is contemporary Panerai watch. Thus, need a modern strap to go with it. A red strap will be a head turner..
                      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                        Pam 104 is contemporary Panerai watch. Thus, need a modern strap to go with it. A red strap will be a head turner..
                        hahahaha bro, thanks for your kind comment.

I hope at least people will notice my watch with the RED strap even if they do not notice me...

Comment

Oh, I hav the exact red strap.

Did not take any pics. Will do so if you need tonight. It is an attention grabber. I am thinking of getting the green and blue too. So far no complaints ab SC straps. 2 altogether. Relatively cheap strap.

I had just ordered a Militare Black stitch from GSD too.

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
                            Oh, I hav the exact red strap.

Did not take any pics. Will do so if you need tonight. It is an attention grabber. I am thinking of getting the green and blue too. So far no complaints ab SC straps. 2 altogether. Relatively cheap strap.

I had just ordered a Militare Black stitch from GSD too.
                            WOW!!! You have the SC Legend II RED strap too??
                            I think the code is SCLG#18. Which PAM are you using it on?

Hopefully it will look good with the watch.

Comment

Ya, the exact same Legend II red strap. Its mounted on a 104.

#18 w/ Beige Stitch

Item Code : SCLG - #18

Strap Length : 135 / 80 mm

Strap Size : 24 / 24 mm

Thickness : Approx 5mm

Tubes : Included

Price : US$105

PVD Buckle
                              Last edited by sci70716; 21-07-08, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X