Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaarrrrggghhhh.... help needed on PAM183

Dear experts,

I really need your expert advise on this one. I am considering a PAM183 but cannot decide between a BNIB or pre-owned.

The BNIB is a K-series and is reasonably priced.
    The pre-owned is a G-series (in decent condition) and is about S$500 cheaper.

Is the G-series the only batch with the words "Black Seal" at the 6 o'clock position?

In time to come, will the G-series hold better value than the rest of the PAM183? Or where the "Black Seal" is positioned is not important?

BTW, do ALL PAM183 come with sandwitched dial?

So I am lost and your kind advise is much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by champagneluver; 28-07-08, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling....
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
    Dear experts,

I really need your expert advise on this one. I am considering a PAM183 but cannot decide between a BNIB or pre-owned.

The BNIB is a K-series and is reasonably priced.
    The pre-owned is a G-series (not any other series) and is about S$500 cheaper.

This is not just the normal "new" vs "pre-owned" because we are talking about a G-series here!

Thanks in advance!
    G-H-I-J-K right?
    If you are realli set on a 183 cause you love the model so much, I wld spend another S$500 more to get the latest series in mint condition.
    But consider the 190 or the 232 yeah? Cause alot of 183 buyers end up getting one or both of these 2 and selling their 183 in the process.
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      G-H-I-J-K right?
      If you are realli set on a 183 cause you love the model so much, I wld spend another S$500 more to get the latest series in mint condition.
      But consider the 190 or the 232 yeah? Cause alot of 183 buyers end up getting one or both of these 2 and selling their 183 in the process.
      Thanks for your kind advise!

As for 190 or 232, I will go for the 268 anytime!

I was just thinking of buying a Radiomir for "wearing" and "investment" while I save up for the 268.

Comment

Thanks for your kind advise!

As for 190 or 232, I will go for the 268 anytime!

I was just thinking of buying a Radiomir for "wearing" and "investment" while I save up for the 268.
        "investment"? then why the 183? more likely 190 or 232?
        to wear.. then consider the 210?
        268? Yeah, yesh, pls get it...
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

yes, i believe only the G series has the "Black Seal" at 6 o'clock. If it is very well maintained (compared with your other option), I would keep the 500 and buy the G.

Comment

Originally posted by raymond888 View Post
            yes, i believe only the G series has the "Black Seal" at 6 o'clock. If it is very well maintained (compared with your other option), I would keep the 500 and buy the G.
            Thanks for the kind advise. I have not seen the 183G but will check it out before deciding. The thing is even if the condition is good, the savings may not be alot after the authentication service (about $85).

So unless the G will be of a better value in time to come, it may be more worth getting the K.

You also has a 104 and a 183??

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
              "investment"? then why the 183? more likely 190 or 232?
              to wear.. then consider the 210?
              268? Yeah, yesh, pls get it...
              Was browsing Paneristic and seems like people are selling their 183 for either 232 or 190.

Will take your advise seriously!

Comment

I'll go for 292
                Rolex DeepSea
                Panerai PAM104
                Panerai PAM351
                Omega PO 2208.50
                Ball fireman Ionosphere Chrono
                Cartier Santos 100

Comment

Is the G-series the only batch with the words "Black Seal" at the 6 o'clock position?

In time to come, will the G-series hold better value than the rest of the PAM183? Or where the "Black Seal" is positioned is not important?

Thanks in advance!
                  the 183G c/w the "maiele pig" at the six o'clock not the words "Black Seal".
                  that's why it hold better value in time comes......

go for the G series!

my 2 cents
                  Rolex DeepSea
                  Panerai PAM104
                  Panerai PAM351
                  Omega PO 2208.50
                  Ball fireman Ionosphere Chrono
                  Cartier Santos 100

Comment

Originally posted by DT23 View Post
                    the 183G c/w the "maiele pig" at the six o'clock not the words "Black Seal".
                    that's why it hold better value in time comes......

go for the G series!

my 2 cents

183 G comes with the Black seal at 6 o clock. 292(older version)comes with the pig.

Comment

Hype is that the 183G is the better buy, and yes, a lot of 183 owners end up getting the 232 or the 190. The 183 is a mainstay radiomir model, and is not a rare find. If you'd wanna place a bet, punters are betting on the PAM210 to go out of production, and hoping that price will shoot up. PAM292, wait nong nong... and even if it is offered to you, pig or non-pig, would you pay a premium of $15-20k for it as expected from flippers?

Also, another question... has TS owned a Luminor yet? Cos most Paneristi start off with Luminor and move to a Radiomir. If you're not adverse to the luminor style and have not fiddled with one yet, go look at one and u might just fall in love with it.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                        Hype is that the 183G is the better buy, and yes, a lot of 183 owners end up getting the 232 or the 190. The 183 is a mainstay radiomir model, and is not a rare find. If you'd wanna place a bet, punters are betting on the PAM210 to go out of production, and hoping that price will shoot up. PAM292, wait nong nong... and even if it is offered to you, pig or non-pig, would you pay a premium of $15-20k for it as expected from flippers?

Also, another question... has TS owned a Luminor yet? Cos most Paneristi start off with Luminor and move to a Radiomir. If you're not adverse to the luminor style and have not fiddled with one yet, go look at one and u might just fall in love with it.
                        Thank you all for your kind advises!

And special thanks to you Bro Destro22BT!!!

I have a PAM104 and is more of a weekend watch. So I thought a Radiomir may be a good option as it "should" be able to go with the office wear, though it will still need to fight with the Sub and ExpII for the wrist space.

My "ideal" watch is a PAM268 which I will get in a few years time.

So for now I will settle for the PAM210. Hopefully, it gets discontinued.....

Again, thanks to all for your comments!

Comment

Thanks to all.

Bought a PAM210 instead and loving it!

Comment

Thanks to all.

Bought a PAM210 instead and loving it!
                            Welcome bro...Hwah, u pulled the trigger so fast? Wahahaha... Power lah bro! I think the 210 is an understated watch. In your term of ownership, do check out paneristi.com, in the archives, there are 210 owners who ordered gold hands to fit in with the 210 for a PAM232 look. http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...h+of+us+now-+-)

And if you don't like it after a while, go to your watchsmith and have it changed back to the original black hands. Congrats and wear it in good health!
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                              Welcome bro...Hwah, u pulled the trigger so fast? Wahahaha... Power lah bro! I think the 210 is an understated watch. In your term of ownership, do check out paneristi.com, in the archives, there are 210 owners who ordered gold hands to fit in with the 210 for a PAM232 look. http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...h+of+us+now-+-)

And if you don't like it after a while, go to your watchsmith and have it changed back to the original black hands. Congrats and wear it in good health!
                              Bro Destro22BT,
                              I must meet you in person one day!

I always buy watches (mid end watches lah) on impulse!
                              Anyway, I am a fan of Rolex and Panerai and only owns a few of these watches. And since I already have a PAM104, I wanted a PAM with a different look (like a PAM268 ).

I can say that the Luminor and Radiomir are really beauties in their own league. Lumior is more rugged and Radiomir is more subtle.

Thanks again!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X