Simple Panerai Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Panerai Queries

Dear friends here... I am pretty new in Pam. I am looking for something suitable as my first PAM..

Considering I want a clean dial and something classic, I found PAM 112.

After a while I think I would like to see the heartbeat of my watch. Therefore looking at PAM 111 now.

My question here is....

Other than the logo on the dial,

What is the difference between a PAM 111 and PAM 005?
    PAM 112 and PAM 000?

Please enlighten me.

PAM Logos (PAM 5 and PAM 0):
    1. Comes only in painted dial
    2. Solid caseback
    3. Undecorated Movement, no swan-neck regulator on movement

PAM112 and PAM111 -
    1. Painted dials till the 'G' series. From 'H' series onwards, PAM112 and 111 are equipped with sandwich dials.
    2. See-through caseback.
    3. Decorated movement with swan neck regulator.

Personally, for luminor cases, purists prefer the painted dials over the sandwich dials. For me, I'll go for a PAM111 over PAM5 as PAM5 looks too busy with the extra logo. I prefer Luminors to look clean and simplistic. So my vote goes to PAM0, PAM112, PAM111.

The final difference is more of price. PAM0 and PAM5 used to be available for about $5-5.3k, however, with rumours and speculation of their impending discontinuance, prices have been cooked up to about $6.5k during this year alone. Better get it fast once you find one, whether from the marketplace, grey dealers or AD (quite unlikely).
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Being a relatively newcomer to the Panerai scene, I must say I like the clean look of my Pam 0. I find the Pam 5 a little busy with the logo and the sub second hand.

Hope this helps.
      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Bro Destro22BT gives very good advises!!

IMHO, the ideal would be a PAM112 or PAM111 (in that order) with a painted dial.

I honestly think that the Luminors are better suited with the painted dials. It simply looks stunning when it ages...

For that, I will trade the display case back for the painted dial. Go for the PAM ZERO !!!!
        Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Bro edsonchan,

Forgot to add, just follow your heart....

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
            Bro Destro22BT gives very good advises!!

IMHO, the ideal would be a PAM112 or PAM111 (in that order) with a painted dial.

I honestly think that the Luminors are better suited with the painted dials. It simply looks stunning when it ages...

For that, I will trade the display case back for the painted dial. Go for the PAM ZERO !!!!
            Thanks for the kind words bro, we're all newbies once
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
              Thanks for the kind words bro, we're all newbies once
              You are all Lau Jiao now . It's great to see you guys helping out the newbies

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                You are all Lau Jiao now . It's great to see you guys helping out the newbies
                Bro Dino,

I am not sure whether I am a Lau Jiao but it is certainly a blind leading a blind...

Comment

edsonchan, i like 112 due to its clean look. really clean. 112 will age with grace. another one to look at is 176. it has a titanium case.

normally i will buy classic model like 111, 112 and etc to play with strap changing.

And Destro22BT gives good advice. cheers
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hwah, brudders in da house, dun lidat ley, I very stressed!
                    But I still have lots to learn in regards to the Pre-A models, Nostrums, etc. The ppl who know most are those with POWERFUL T-Dial collections *wink wink* :P
                    Back to you PamDino!
                    --Groucho Marx--

Comment

I do notice a weird trend of Panerai purchase with newbies though... about 6 of my friends who started off with PAM111 realised the beauty of simplicity and traded their PAM111 for PAM112/PAM0/PAM2T-dial.

Whereas, for me, I have gone the other way, I started off with 112, and ended up with marinas.

*shrugs* anyone else experience the same thing?
                      --Groucho Marx--

Comment

I do notice a weird trend of Panerai purchase with newbies though... about 6 of my friends who started off with PAM111 realised the beauty of simplicity and traded their PAM111 for PAM112/PAM0/PAM2T-dial.

Whereas, for me, I have gone the other way, I started off with 112, and ended up with marinas.

*shrugs* anyone else experience the same thing?
                        Bro Destro22BT,

The logic is quite simple to explain mah...

From PAM112, you cannot go lower but maybe lateral to PAM ZERO or PAM210. Furthermore, you are also richer mah....

Whereas people like who started with PAM104, is now enjoying the "clean and neat" dial of the PAM210.
                        [THE FACT IS I HAVE NO $$$$$$ ]

But I am still dreaming of the PAM268

Comment

Ahhh... that's true... for you, u've gone from a 104 to something simplistic, just like my friends who have gone from their 164/111/86 to a luminor base.

The 268 is a fine piece, but bets are on the 190 to skyrocket after they're taken off the catalogue

I'm personally after the PAM233 8-days, just love the look of the domed crystal.
                          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Yup. 233 and 270. love the classical 1950 look. But the price is not right
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hwah, brudders in da house, dun lidat ley, I very stressed!
                              But I still have lots to learn in regards to the Pre-A models, Nostrums, etc. The ppl who know most are those with POWERFUL T-Dial collections *wink wink* :P
                              Back to you PamDino!
                              You guys think too highly of me. I'm also a newbie, just like all of you

Everyone of us has different tastes. Some like the Luminor while others like the Mariner. Some like the see-through case back while others like the solid case back. Some like the dial to be as simple as possible (Luminor) while others like to have the sub-second dial (Mariner) so that they know if the watch is functioning or not. That's may be why Pam has different models to cater to different tastes.

So, must listen to what your heart tells you because taste will change with time. A very simple example would be the watch size. When Pam was first introduced, everyone was held back by the size. Now, 44mm seems like the norm.

As for the Pre-V, Pre-A & A/B series T-dial, I'm also still learning my trade, just a newbie. I like the vintage look & I believe it'll hold it's value well.

Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X