Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 104 or 88?

Hi Guys!

Have been eyeing a Pam for some time and finally shortlisted 2 affordable ones. Any bros can comment between the 2 as the looks and price is almost similar.

Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pam104 get my vote...simple and iconic panerai....u can consider the 111 or 112 too...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by alphax View Post
      Hi Guys!

Have been eyeing a Pam for some time and finally shortlisted 2 affordable ones. Any bros can comment between the 2 as the looks and price is almost similar.

Alphax, I would go for the PAM88 with a reticulated python strap. It looks gooooood no? Other GMT models to go for are the PAM89 GMT Anthracite or the PAM237 Ghost.

I see too many ppl wearing the 104 on the streets, too common for me. However, if you prefer a simpler look, the PAM104 is the one to get instead of the 88.
      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alphax View Post
        Hi Guys!

104 n 88 look similar?! Price almost similar??!! Sure or not...
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ONE O FOUR !!!!

But I am biased...

I like it for the simple and classic dial ...
          Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, my gut tells me i would prefer 88 but looking at the trend, 104 looks to be appreciating in value.

Both are not more than 1k diff from each other which i would say almost similar.

Comment

add another 200-300 to PAM88 for PAM90

Comment

Thats true.. looking at that too!

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
                add another 200-300 to PAM88 for PAM90

Comment

For me i chose 104 1st ... more classic n simple imo. Was aiming 88 but with the price increase guess it ain't gonna happen soon

Cheers
                  Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
                  Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
                  Rolex Seadweller 126600
                  Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
                  Rolex Submariner 16610
                  Tudor Pelagos LHD
                  Panerai 233
                  Panerai 104
                  Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
                  Sinn Ultimate U
                  Sinn U2 S
                  Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)
                  Sinn U1
                  Dievas Shadow
                  Vihelm Talos (Blue)
                  Vilhelm Elemental (Gunmetal)
                  Zelos Hammerhead Bronze
                  Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph (White)
                  Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph
                  Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph

Comment

[QUOTE=alphax;83370]Thanks for the info guys, my gut tells me i would prefer 88 but looking at the trend, 104 looks to be appreciating in value.

Go for SEs sure Appreciating in value....

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                      Alphax, I would go for the PAM88 with a reticulated python strap. It looks gooooood no? Other GMT models to go for are the PAM89 GMT Anthracite or the PAM237 Ghost.

I see too many ppl wearing the 104 on the streets, too common for me. However, if you prefer a simpler look, the PAM104 is the one to get instead of the 88.
                      Cool!
                      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                        Cool!
                        So are u also thinking of getting one, Bluedevil?
                        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I m thinking of either a pam or rolex. But the waiting list for a pam is so freaking long for AD. If u got lobang for a good deal for a pam below 8K (preferably less than 7K hehe), do let me know mr destro, i heard that u r an expert
                          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Nah, I'm not an expert, just know enough about Panerai to avoid being cheated . Hmm... For Panerai, it's tough to get a piece from the AD, especially if you do not know any of the SEs personally. However, as discussed in other Panerai threads here on SG-ROC, there are reliable grey dealers out there who offer pretty good deals. No waiting, and you have your discounts.

AD prices are pretty much controlled nowadays, so if you're talking about a brand new PAM104 or 88 at under 7k, it's kinda tough, if not impossible.... pre-owned 104s can be had under those prices still if you're willing to consider.

Well, you've already got a nice TT rolex sub, why not try a different animal? As long as you get a model that's out of production and sought after, you'll hardly lose a single cent when you sell it in future.
                            Last edited by Destro22BT; 02-09-08, 09:23 AM.
                            --Groucho Marx--

Comment

As what bro destro suggested, there are some grey dealers around here who offered pretty good prices and one happened to PM me yesterday. For 7k and below, 112 and 183 is within the range.

Do let me know if you are interested, i can PM you his contact. Cheers

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                              I m thinking of either a pam or rolex. But the waiting list for a pam is so freaking long for AD. If u got lobang for a good deal for a pam below 8K (preferably less than 7K hehe), do let me know mr destro, i heard that u r an expert

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X