Interesting Observation about PAM26K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Observation about PAM26K

When it reads PVD, Destro, Re-Edition... it spells PAM26K...

I've gone to many dealers across Singapore and interestingly, the SE's that i've encountered (from Sincere, Cortina, HourGlass) all tell me that all their customers on the waitling list for the 26 are willing to fork out >$20k for this piece... What do you guys think? Worth the price?
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

20k for the 26K is too much. If that's the case, I may be out of the race again

Comment

I dunno bro, could be the ADs cooking up the prices... but I do believe there's a potential for the 26k breaching the S$30k mark once its released and thrown into the open market by flippers. Sigh....
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I believe there are many people who would fork out 20k for the watch. I'm not at all surprised. Just look at the 292J & you can see why.
        But, once it hit the 30k mark, it would be so much more difficult because only the elite group can afford. How many Pams have you seen transacted above 30k? Even the 127 & 217 cannot sell @ 30k even though the asking price is above 30k. Probably only the Pre-V can command that kind of price & more.

Dino

Comment

I have to agree with your notion about the PAM127 and PAM217. I have seen PAM127s moving slightly beyond S$30k, but not so about the PAM217s. In terms of the PAM26k, 1000 pieces all in all, half the numbers of the 127 and 217. I think more or less the 1000 piece number will play a part on it's resale value.

Pre-Vs have already moved into the segment of vintage-class with 'no definite value', 'POA' etc... one guy can be asking for US$40k while another can be asking for US$60k. The 127 and 217 have yet to attain this status. What I think is that the T dials will probably move from neo-vintage to vintage class in due time.

As for the 26k, whether it moves up or not will be interesting to look at. At this moment, it's already giving me the feel of the Rolex Daytona... Premium above the RRP.
          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

There'll definitely be premium on the 26K. It's a matter of how much and acceptable or not. Don't expect to buy @ RRP

Dino

Comment

IMO>It is very difficult to move the watch after it hit 20k unless you have your portfolio of customers/collectors who will pay premium.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

You'll be surprised by the numbers of people who are willing to fork out 20K without lifting their eyelid. It would starts to get difficult once it hits the 25K mark.

My 2 cents worth.

Dino

Comment

I understand.. Buying panerai in the 1st place is not logical. Good to know the treshold level at 25k for a pam.
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

hi

pam cant make it liao at this time. Rolex all the way. also since this is the rolex forum haha

Comment

"Can't make it" in terms of? Resale value? Size?
                      --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X