Advise on Panerai Ferarri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on Panerai Ferarri

Recently kanna poisoned by the Ferarri Watch while passing by a Hour Glass shop. It showcased a stunning Panerai Ferarri watch (yellow markings on the dial), not sure the exact model. Therefore need some advise from the gurus here on Panerai Ferarri watches:

1)Are they worth buying as compared to normal panerai watches in terms of resale value?

2)Any bros here have any idea about the price of the Ferarri watches or any pricelist of Ferarri watches?

Does any of our bros here own any Panerai Ferarri watch? Can share your comments on the watch?

Thanks in advance

me no guru.
    from what i have observe, pls buy it only if u really like the watch.
    resale value is no good, hard to move. dont look at it as an investment if not $ get stuck or suffer loss.
    they are expensive, think go for preowned better.
    correct me if i m wrong. here to learn.

Comment

Yeap, agree with synnsid, buy it only if you like it, not because of the perceived investment value of the watch. Many have said it takes a large fortune to make a small fortune off watches.

Never really subscribed to the design philosophy of the Ferarri watches. However, different strokes for different folks, there are probably Ferarri die-hards around. For me, I'm sticking to Panerai, for the simple fact that the watch makes my heart smile everytime I take a glance at it.
      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Yes, you are right. BNIB selling about S$10k and up. Used ones, you can get S$5k and up. Even for its "limited" edition model, prices are not good... buy if you really like it or you are driving a Ferrari and can't get enough Ferrari logos on you...

Otherwise, get a pam...

Originally posted by synnsid View Post
        me no guru.
        from what i have observe, pls buy it only if u really like the watch.
        resale value is no good, hard to move. dont look at it as an investment if not $ get stuck or suffer loss.
        they are expensive, think go for preowned better.
        correct me if i m wrong. here to learn.

Comment

RUN away, as fast as you can

Originally posted by eric View Post
          Recently kanna poisoned by the Ferarri Watch while passing by a Hour Glass shop. It showcased a stunning Panerai Ferarri watch (yellow markings on the dial), not sure the exact model. Therefore need some advise from the gurus here on Panerai Ferarri watches:

1)Are they worth buying as compared to normal panerai watches in terms of resale value?

2)Any bros here have any idea about the price of the Ferarri watches or any pricelist of Ferarri watches?

Does any of our bros here own any Panerai Ferarri watch? Can share your comments on the watch?

Thanks in advance

Comment

1) Get the watch you want.
            2) Purely in terms of resale value, Pam/Ferrari better not get. There is a reason why there are so many of them still available at ADs. But this is now, maybe in 5years time, taste/ perception change and then..*kar-ching ching!*
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

No good at all.

Thanks in advance
              Panerai Ferrari watch list price equal to Panerai watch in general.

I do not own any Panerai Ferarri watch. I didn't like it. IMO, I think it is a flop
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

GP used to "manufacture" watches for ferrari.....

u can see how successful or lack of was that business venture........ judge for yourself....
                the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

As mentioned by all the brothers here. The resale value for Ferrari Panerais is terrible. Generally, for the watch dealers or shops that I frequent, you can never see a Panerai(at least 44mm) there on display for more than a week, two at most. They sell like hot cakes.

For some of the Ferrari Panerais which I have seen since last year, they are still there. I am always offerred a lower price than before everytime I am there. For the "normal" panerais, it is very hard to even squeeze a $100 discount!

Actually, it is not for Ferrari Panerais only. I think generally, the Ferrari Merchandise doesn't sell very well either.

Just my 2 cts worth.

Comment

If you're getting it for investment purposes, my advise is...Don't.

I do have this model but I bought it because I like it. My bad...I just have a soft spot for watches with yellow dials.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                      If you're getting it for investment purposes, my advise is...Don't.

I do have this model but I bought it because I like it. My bad...I just have a soft spot for watches with yellow dials.
                      totally agree... DON'T!
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Buy only if you are a Ferrari fan. I'm one... so I did contemplate on getting one. But eventually got to my senses... cos I wouldn't buy a $150 T-shirt just because its in red and have the word "Ferrari" printed on it.

Then again, if you really really want to buy a PAM Fer... there is only 2 you should consider cos they are in house movements. Can't remember which FERXX, but I'm quite sure there is 2 with in house movement.
                        The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Heard USA ADs for PAM FERs are giving tons of discount..
                          they should have kept "Panerai" on the dial.
                          Opportunities come once

Comment

Oh didn't know the re-sale value of Panerai Ferarri was that bad. Totally agree on the "buy the watch that you like" principle. If that's the case, i think i'll siam that watch

Nevertheless any recommendations on swiss made sports watch with rubber strap in the range of up to 5K.

Comment

Can get many watches with that kind of budget. One I can think of is Omega Planet Ocean on Rubber? But actually, why don't you up the budget of 5K to slightly below 6k, can get a preowned PAM111/112/0/5 anytime.
                              "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X