Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain?

Hi,

Can someone kindly explain wat does "Destro" and "C.O.S.C" on means?

Thanks a million

Destro = left (in Italian)
    COSC = Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres = official Swiss institute for accuracy certification
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Destro means left handed watch... ie the crown is at nine o'clock instead of the traditional three o' clock.

COSC means Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, which is the institute responsible for certifying the accuracy and precision of wristwatches in Switzerland.

Watch with COSC means that the movement is individually tested for fifteen days, in five positions, at three different temperatures and are within COSC specs. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSC#Standards_and_methods for more info.
      CT
      -------------

Sub Date (V Series)
      GMT2 16710
      PAM 005K
      PAM 219J
      Sinn U2
      Sinn EZM 1LE
      Ball Alligator
      Benarus Worldiver

Comment

Originally posted by sgpsub68 View Post
        Destro means left handed watch... ie the crown is at nine o'clock instead of the traditional three o' clock.

COSC means Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, which is the institute responsible for certifying the accuracy and precision of wristwatches in Switzerland.

Watch with COSC means that the movement is individually tested for fifteen days, in five positions, at three different temperatures and are within COSC specs. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSC#Standards_and_methods for more info.
        good infro bro

Comment

Destro is the short form for Destroyer. As most of us are right-handed & use the right hand to operate/fire the weapon. Thus, the right hand is also known as the Destroyer hand. So, as some of the guys wear their watches on the right hand, the watch is somehow named as Destro.

It's not necessarily that the person who wears the watch on the right wrist is a left-hander. I'm right-handed but wear my Pam on the right wrist

Hope that this info helps you to understand better

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
            Destro is the short form for Destroyer. As most of us are right-handed & use the right hand to operate/fire the weapon. Thus, the right hand is also known as the Destroyer hand. So, as some of the guys wear their watches on the right hand, the watch is somehow named as Destro.

It's not necessarily that the person who wears the watch on the right wrist is a left-hander. I'm right-handed but wear my Pam on the right wrist

Dino
            I think you are right about the right handed. Destro is right for Italian, not left
            [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the help guys ...

Comment

Dino

ic, but 219 destro don have COSC lei. y? is it because it is manual winding?

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  ic, but 219 destro don have COSC lei. y? is it because it is manual winding?
                  Similar to all models that have no second hand (eg. 112) , no COSC will be issued

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                    Similar to all models that have no second hand (eg. 112) , no COSC will be issued

thanks for the answer. really a lao jiao pam expert haha

Comment

Dino
                      Bravo!
                      Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X