No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between white gold and stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to tell the difference between white gold and stainless steel

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand daytona 116509 white gold however I have my concerns about getting it as I don't know how to tell the difference between white gold and stainless steel. As such worried that I am not getting the real deal especially if they were to swop the bracelet.

Any bro can advice me on this.

one way is weight, i recommend you go to your local AD and handle the two. (finding SS daytona in local AD will be a task tho)
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Ha ha yah man given how horrible they are...when I enquire about the price of 116509 at a local AD, they really give me the look..." are you sure u can afford it...."

Would RSC be able to verifiy the bracelet and parts are really white gold?
      Or is there some code on the bracelet that I can see and then verify?

Pardon for the noob questions, as I have never held the 2 watches before.

Comment

besides weight, color tone is also slightly off silver for white gold, a lighter tone as compare to ss.

Comment

Originally posted by noahjiawei View Post
          Ha ha yah man given how horrible they are...when I enquire about the price of 116509 at a local AD, they really give me the look..." are you sure u can afford it...."

There will be the 18k or 750 hallmarks on the watch at the bottom and the bracelet.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand daytona 116509 white gold however I have my concerns about getting it as I don't know how to tell the difference between white gold and stainless steel. As such worried that I am not getting the real deal especially if they were to swop the bracelet.

Any bro can advice me on this.
          Don't worry so much bro, you can bring to RSC they will check everything for you.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Like darkie said, there will be hallmarks on the bracelet. Also bracelet is definitely different code.

As for the attitude at ADs, its not new, and it will always happen. Just depends who is serving you on the day. In oz, i just tua pai walk in and say i want to try the 116509, and ask about price. they allow me to stand there and molest their watches
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

At that price range, I say $107 is well spent at rsc for peace of mind.
              Cones with free pouch. Keke
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

One bro here mentioned that if he buy the link from RSC they indirectly authenticate the watch. Im sure the one WG link will be more than $107
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

yeah I was reading abt the purchasing of links!! Thanks for the advice from everyone! Given the price of the watch i definitely don't mind spending that 100 odd dollars for a peace of mind.

The watch is my Holy Grail!! Haiz would love to have it brand new but the price difference is more than 10k btw a brand new and second hand!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X