Seiko chrono automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko chrono automatic

Got an old Seiko Chrono automatic 6138 about 20 years old watch and the power reserve is about 6.5 hours only (watch left on the table). I'm not sure is it normal for the "short" power reserve due to the age of the watch?

If no, what should be the expected power serve for such watch?

Appreciate any kind advise.

TIA
    cheers

Probably so because you left it on the table. What happens if it's worn on the hand?
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

The power reserve should be more than 30 hours on a full wind. Try wearing it for a day to see.

If the short power reserve persists then I'm afraid your watch has got a problem.
      'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        Probably so because you left it on the table. What happens if it's worn on the hand?
        If worn on the hand it works fine and my concern is when not worn on the hand as
        my Oris automatic can last at least have 24 hours power reserve instead of 6.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Teogc View Post
          If worn on the hand it works fine and my concern is when not worn on the hand as
          my Oris automatic can last at least have 24 hours power reserve instead of 6.5 hours.
          Seikos seem to have this problem? I have a Seiko 5 also stop after not wearing it for half a day...
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Does seiko still have current production of chronograph automatic ones? Can't seem to find any leh. If got, I think quite worth getting one. Some of seiko's chrono watches damn chio, but all quartz movement.
            Submariner 14060
            Breitling Colt Auto II
            Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
            Bell & Ross BR03-92
            MM20

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X