Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Hi folks

I have been shopping around for an exp 2. One of the AD's that i went to said that he would not fill up the date of the purchase. He said that doing that would benefit me. He said that I can fill up whatever purchase date i want,whenever i want in the future.

He also said that the RSC is only interested in the date,on the warranty card and not the date on the invoice/bill.

is this all true? what do you folks think about this?

thank you all for your feedback

Yes it's gd...and it's true. Anyway...usually such privileges are given to VIPs only

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

which AD told you that? I also want to know...

Normally when AD sell one Rolex, they sure quick quick stamp the warranty, some of them even make you named the card... after that they will send the info to Rolex...

no date no name, normally only practise by watch dealers selling overseas units.....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        which AD told you that? I also want to know...

Normally when AD sell one Rolex, they sure quick quick stamp the warranty, some of them even make you named the card... after that they will send the info to Rolex...

no date no name, normally only practise by watch dealers selling overseas units.....
        yeah i heard Singapore is the only country where the AD wants to stamp your name to the card, unlike other countries where they don care...

i suspect is only for tourist they will don care stamp your card or not. If local, they will enforce the stamping rul keke..

which AD huh? Local ah so good?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

thanks for your reply dark angel and 116520.

116520, from you reply am i correct in saying that ..in case the AD does not write the date of the purchase ..then there is no record with RSC that i am the buyer of the watch?

if there is no record with RSC? is it a problem if i take my watch for servicing?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by a_k View Post
            thanks for your reply dark angel and 116520.

116520, from you reply am i correct in saying that ..in case the AD does not write the date of the purchase ..then there is no record with RSC that i am the buyer of the watch?

if there is no record with RSC? is it a problem if i take my watch for servicing?

thanks
            No problems 1 lah dun worry

Comment

thanks dark angel!!

having lived in singapore for this long, anything out of the ordinary concerns me.

Comment

No problem, a_k,

My 116520 is an overseas set, only dated no name, one time went to RSC ask them check check if watch fast (actually check if watch is real... hee hee...)... shown them the warranty card (still under warranty) and they checked for me willingly and told me watch is working fine, no fast no slow... but don't if they have open caseback to see watch is real or not... hee hee...

Originally posted by a_k View Post
                thanks dark angel!!

having lived in singapore for this long, anything out of the ordinary concerns me.

Comment

Yes local AD will stamp chop, name and date.

I feel safer also lor
                  Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

To me, if they don't chop their AD stamp, I feel scared... but it never happened...

if they don't want to put name and date, I super happy...

Originally posted by NaesHaes View Post
                    Yes local AD will stamp chop, name and date.

I feel safer also lor

Comment

there is a conspiracy theory about why some AD dont date and name the warranty papers/card.

assume that i buy this watch from Z AD, no date no name @ Y price. i wear the watch for like 4 months. send it for polishing and sell it back to Z AD @ Y-depreciation value. Z AD sells the watch to another customer. but on invoice just state 1 watch with price.

this is because no one will suspect that AD selling preown watches right? so that is why some AD insist on dating and/or naming the warranty card/papers.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

But people wouldn't ask why stickers not there meh???

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        there is a conspiracy theory about why some AD dont date and name the warranty papers/card.

assume that i buy this watch from Z AD, no date no name @ Y price. i wear the watch for like 4 months. send it for polishing and sell it back to Z AD @ Y-depreciation value. Z AD sells the watch to another customer. but on invoice just state 1 watch with price.

this is because no one will suspect that AD selling preown watches right? so that is why some AD insist on dating and/or naming the warranty card/papers.

Comment

Alot of spares

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            Alot of spares
                            The truth is out kekekekeke
                            Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

conspiracy theory again.

display set. previous customer request all stickers to be taken out.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X