X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation needed for Fish Head Steamboat

Hi All, any good recommendation for Fish Head Steamboat ??? Thanks

Hi bro,

I so happen to be a lover of fish head steamboat as well. I would recommend is Nam Wah Chang at North Bridge Road. Traditional charcoal fire, fresh and reasonable serving of fish + accompany ingredients. (veggie, tofu, dried fish, fried yam etc). Additionally, they are one of the few left that still offers the traditional Teochew favourite 'Song He' fish head. Here's a more in depth review of the place.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/2011/04/na...-fishhead.html

Cheers.

Comment

Bro, thanks for ur prompt recommendation, will definitely go and try it, Cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by Den69 View Post
        Bro, thanks for ur prompt recommendation, will definitely go and try it, Cheers..
        You're welcome bro. Try the 'Song He' fish head for the traditional taste. If you don't fancy picking the bones out of the flesh, you might wanna go for promfret (sweeter taste) or best of all, the red grouper hehe =)

Enjoy your makan

Comment

There are 2 Nam Wah Chang at North Bridge Road (diagonally opp of each other). Not sure if they belong to the same boss. Tried both, somehow prefers the one below the HDB block.

Comment

both shops operate independent from one another. the one opposite ocbc bank will have (ah chiu) in between their signboard business name

both came from the umbrella (near teochew street, i started eating when i was in childhood.) initially, operating under the HDB block. however @ a later stage, the style of running business differs.

as such, they operate each on their own.

Originally posted by Seaman View Post
            There are 2 Nam Wah Chang at North Bridge Road (diagonally opp of each other). Not sure if they belong to
            the same boss. Tried both, somehow prefers the one below the HDB block.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Seaman View Post
              There are 2 Nam Wah Chang at North Bridge Road (diagonally opp of each other). Not sure if they belong to the same boss. Tried both, somehow prefers the one below the HDB block.
              Same boss but the new one under the HDB block belongs to the china mistress de (according to what I heard), I tried that one before I think the original store opp tastes slightly better. Somehow...and oh it's equally expensive also

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Prefer e one ops textile center.. soup taste better.. asked e helper bfore whether both shops isit same boss?.. he immediately said not related n turn away..

Comment

What about: Tian Wai Tian Fishhead steamboat. Along serangoon road just before the pie flyover/junction and potong pasir.

i usually go there for fish steamboat fix.

Comment

Originally posted by rockmon View Post
                    Prefer e one ops textile center.. soup taste better.. asked e helper bfore whether both shops isit same boss?.. he immediately said not related n turn away..
                    Sensitive issue lah...hehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Bro, you may want to try Whampoa Keng fish head steamboat at Rangoon Road outlet.
                      I tried there a few time with big group.

Another outlet at balestie road near ah hood road.

Comment

Nam Wah Chang . best . up up up .

Comment

Whampoa market one is the best I ever had, they have braised duck wings, salt vegetable etc.... But if you go on weekend you have to wait for an hour

Comment

Tian Wai Tian for me

Comment

Nam Hwa Chang is Nice...
                              Our showroom is located at:
                              LUXURY KONCEPT
                              402 Orchard Road, #01-07 Delfi Orchard
                              Singapore 238876
                              Tel: (+65) 67330200

Mobile: (+65) 85886363

Instagram : luxurykoncept

Comment