AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD

Hi, I will be getting my first rolex, so i was thinking of getting a BNIB instead of a preowned. I have a question and correct me if i may be wrong, but if rolex is purchased from a trader from overseas AD and authenticated at RCS by buyer, generally speaking, is the rolex any different from being purchased from local AD in terms of warranty or mechanism differences? I believe since it is all manufactured in same plant, the machanism should be the same? If so, there should be no reason whatsoever to believe that rolex purchased from overseas AD would have lower monetary value compared to those purchased at local AD?

For local AD, since i'm paying a slight premium, what other goodies can i request from local AD apart from the box, warranty,bezel protector and cloth?

Lastly, does RCS give some kind of certification or receipt proving that the rolex is authenticated or is it like just verbal confirmation?

TIA

Cheers
    freestyle1279

as long as the watch is authenticated @ RSC, you will be charged $75(different models different pricing). RSC will then issue you a invoice indicating the cost of authentication.

no difference if the watch is bought from singapore AD or overseas AD

what kind of freebies? if it is a first time purchase, usually none. but if now, maybe can get a rolex calendar or small rolex diary.

Originally posted by freestyle1279 View Post
    Hi, I will be getting my first rolex, so i was thinking of getting a BNIB instead of a preowned. I have a question and correct me if i may be wrong, but if rolex is purchased from a trader from overseas AD and authenticated at RCS by buyer, generally speaking, is the rolex any different from being purchased from local AD in terms of warranty or mechanism differences? I believe since it is all manufactured in same plant, the machanism should be the same? If so, there should be no reason whatsoever to believe that rolex purchased from overseas AD would have lower monetary value compared to those purchased at local AD?

For local AD, since i'm paying a slight premium, what other goodies can i request from local AD apart from the box, warranty,bezel protector and cloth?

Lastly, does RCS give some kind of certification or receipt proving that the rolex is authenticated or is it like just verbal confirmation?

TIA

Cheers
    freestyle1279
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      what kind of freebies? if it is a first time purchase, usually none. but if now, maybe can get a rolex calendar or small rolex diary.
      THH LP...quite nice pple...calendar, diary, hard-cover & bigger brochures for some brands also available

BTW, just curious....is it normal to ask for the clear plastic case? I believe rollies are 'transported' in them, boxes are separately given by the ADs???

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
        THH LP...quite nice pple...calendar, diary, hard-cover & bigger brochures for some brands also available

BTW, just curious....is it normal to ask for the clear plastic case? I believe rollies are 'transported' in them, boxes are separately given by the ADs???
        I bought my EXP II from THH LP in June 08 that come with the clear plastic case and the green ROLEX box.

Comment

I heard the Gold concentration used in Rolex watches is different in Europe, 14K, 18K??

Watches for Asia has a higher rate of Gold content.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Comment

all the same.
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

1st of all,are u buying just 4 the goodies or the watch.....i doubt u will use the goodies,whereby u will chuck it somewhere..........positive thinking bro

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
                I heard the Gold concentration used in Rolex watches is different in Europe, 14K, 18K??

Watches for Asia has a higher rate of Gold content.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here.
                Rubbish....if that's the case the angmohs wil come here to buy the gold lorlex already

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X