Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment

hi, am curious. i may b ignorant but how many here actually buy watches using full cash/credit card payment? or is it normal to actually pay in instalments?

The Crown Of Achievement

I guess if there are more discounts the AD can offer via cash, most would I suppose..
    Very often, most would prefer to negotiate that the final price AD have to offer makes no difference between paying Cash or CC. (BUT I still think they have room to play with if you really pay cash)
    If maxed out yr limit for the year, and the piece you really are looking for is available and you really want it, then maybe you can opt for installments... BUT only if its a rational purchase, i.e. it won't cause the buyer to go into debts.

Installment I don't usually encourage, it maybe the start of a bigger problem when one fails to have discipline to control their spending and think installment can cover them... This lack of discipline is not ONLY seen in our local made movie.. but I've seen ppl around me in this sad predicament. And now still owe bank heaps of money due to the interest incurred and lack of control.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Agree with jazz.

Instalment is spending future $. A lot of Singaporeans already have flats & cars paying instalment. Risk adding on to debt
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

usually for instalment payment, the discount given is pretty fix.

not very often u get instalment payment on watches. however, if there is a mth free, why not? take it as 'free discount'.

however, you have to work out if the free mth is a better deal compared to the discount given.

i have done that before.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I do full cash coz I hav no card =(

Unless I get my dad along then can use his card

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Oh ya.. I forgot abt that.. Yea wat Triton said do happen and I do see promotional flyers sent along with the monthly statement on such discounts...

Originally posted by triton View Post
            usually for instalment payment, the discount given is pretty fix.

not very often u get instalment payment on watches. however, if there is a mth free, why not? take it as 'free discount'.

however, you have to work out if the free mth is a better deal compared to the discount given.

i have done that before.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Yup, once a while AD would have offer to absorb 1 month installment. But usually for their in-house brands only. e.g. THG offer this for glycine.
              For Rolex..... I think gotta wait long long leh

As Jazz mentioned, lack of discipline on credit card usage is a real world problem. In fact, among those declared bankrupt in Singapore each yr, more than half are because credit card debts.
              Submariner 14060
              Breitling Colt Auto II
              Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
              Bell & Ross BR03-92
              MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                Yup, once a while AD would have offer to absorb 1 month installment. But usually for their in-house brands only. e.g. THG offer this for glycine.
                For Rolex..... I think gotta wait long long leh

As Jazz mentioned, lack of discipline on credit card usage is a real world problem. In fact, among those declared bankrupt in Singapore each yr, more than half are because credit card debts.
                bo leh. that time friend bougth breitling on instalment plan. some more discount was better than some other place according to friend.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

My breitling also bought on installment plan leh haha, cos that time AD say no difference in price by cash
                  Submariner 14060
                  Breitling Colt Auto II
                  Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                  Bell & Ross BR03-92
                  MM20

Comment

My breitling also bought on installment plan leh haha, cos that time AD say no difference in price by cash
                    Same leh..that time i went to buy my Tag F1,i ask AD got diff if pay cash or card he say no diff...so paid by card instead can get points somemore

Comment

dont mind me asking. when u buy your colt series ah?

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

See ur posts think most of u mus b quite rich ba.. When i was contemplating to start tis ex hobby, i tot i could nevr do it but when friends around me explained how they do it, i tot i may b i can try. Wat most of them did was to buy expensive watches on instalments scheme, most credit card. When i said shld pay in full, they say i siao! So tats why i jus wanna knw te norm here. Frm ur answers, i think te norm is still to pay full amt. Installments r for pple like me..
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          See ur posts think most of u mus b quite rich ba.. When i was contemplating to start tis ex hobby, i tot i could nevr do it but when friends around me explained how they do it, i tot i may b i can try. Wat most of them did was to buy expensive watches on instalments scheme, most credit card. When i said shld pay in full, they say i siao! So tats why i jus wanna knw te norm here. Frm ur answers, i think te norm is still to pay full amt. Installments r for pple like me..
                          I wanna pay in installments also cannot I hav no card...hahaha...Installment would be better if you are not able to pull out that much cash at 1 moment,or you intend to sell after awhile..

Comment

it is a personal choice to pay via instalments. sometimes, there is a good deal, so why not?

each of us use cc in different ways. each of us use cash in different ways. if by paying cash, we save $500 and above, some of us would do it because it is a significant amount. however, some of us prefer to deal with cash and if can pay via instalment with 1 mth free and does not make much difference in paying cash, then would go for cc - instalment payment.

some of us may a credit limit that is use for other purchases, so if tie up for a purchase of watch may not a viable option, so no go for cc.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              it is a personal choice to pay via instalments. sometimes, there is a good deal, so why not?

each of us use cc in different ways. each of us use cash in different ways. if by paying cash, we save $500 and above, some of us would do it because it is a significant amount. however, some of us prefer to deal with cash and if can pay via instalment with 1 mth free and does not make much difference in paying cash, then would go for cc - instalment payment.

some of us may a credit limit that is use for other purchases, so if tie up for a purchase of watch may not a viable option, so no go for cc.
                              Yeah...if you have a expensive hobby like having a wife that likes to shop then use card better...so max already she cant use

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X