Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Would I Be Expected To Pay For A Seiko FiftyFiveFathoms Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Would I Be Expected To Pay For A Seiko FiftyFiveFathoms Mod?

Hi all,

I've been a big fan of the Blancpain's FiftyFathoms, but obviously it is too expensive... Anyways recently I've saw some Seiko FFF mods which looks pretty good, but I'm unsure how much is the price for one of these watches. Can anyone kindly advice me, and what should I look out for when I get the watch?

Thanks bros and sis in advance!
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Originally posted by nimm12
    there are a few points to note for a FFF mod using seiko base (snzh55 with 7s26 movement)

1) base model - J or K model, AD or gray set ~$220 for J model or $180 for K model gray sets (prices x2 for AD sets)
    2) FFF dial - yokobies is the best quality but hard to find ~$60
    3) shop to do the mod - some horror stories on shops cutting cost on gaskets/seals, causing watch to fog after the mod ~$50 to $60 for reputable shops
    4) strap - nobody uses the seiko oem bracelet for FFF mod... change to straps instead - brady or hirsch most popular ~$60

if you change the hands and/or the bezel, each of these items cost additional $30 to $50

so price for the mod ranges from $360 to $600, depending on the base/material you use

btw the see through caseback and the dome hardlex crystal of the snzh55 is a nice feature
    Just wondering, is there any shops that sells the complete mod model? It's a bit tedious to source out all the materials and stuff, hahaha!
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      there are a few points to note for a FFF mod using seiko base (snzh55 with 7s26 movement)

1) base model - J or K model, AD or gray set ~$220 for J model or $180 for K model gray sets (prices x2 for AD sets)
      2) FFF dial - yokobies is the best quality but hard to find ~$60
      3) shop to do the mod - some horror stories on shops cutting cost on gaskets/seals, causing watch to fog after the mod ~$50 to $60 for reputable shops
      4) strap - nobody uses the seiko oem bracelet for FFF mod... change to straps instead - brady or hirsch most popular ~$60

if you change the hands and/or the bezel, each of these items cost additional $30 to $50

so price for the mod ranges from $360 to $600, depending on the base/material you use

btw the see through caseback and the dome hardlex crystal of the snzh55 is a nice feature
      Anyways thanks for your inputs

Comment

they do sell modded watch? havent come by before everytime ive been there

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X