Hainanese curry rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainanese curry rice

Would like to list out for Bro n Sis who has craving for this local Hainanese dish if happen to be there:
    1. Tian Tian Hainanese curry rice, Blk 116, Bukit Merah View, super ex but nice, run by Hainanese ppl)
    2. Blk 40 coffeeshop, Beo Crescent Hainanese curry rice(main) & Blk 6, ABC Brickworks Mkt & FC(branch)
    3. Blk 57, Seng Poh road(coffeeshop)
    4. China Street Hainanese curry rice, Maxwell FC(main, run by Hainanese ppl) & Blk 85, Redhill FC(branch)
    5. Blk 85, Redhill FC already has 2 stall back to back, recent entry is from China Street.
    6. Blk 121, Pasi Panjang road, Pasi Panjang FC, run by Cantonese ppl.
    7. Scissor Cut Hainanese curry rice, Blk 269B coffeshop, Queen Street
    8. Scissor Cut Hainanese curry rice, Jln Besar, I think unit is 229(even PRC & Indian are eating)
    9. Scissor Cut Hainanese curry rice, unit 669, Lor 35, Geylang, coffeeshop
    Not sure 7,8 & 9 are they related.

Only know the place, some stall name I didn't take note.
    Caution!!! Prices is like nasi padang.

Please update/add on.
    Thanks, hope this help
    Bon Appetite

Which one in your opinion is the best.

Comment

i like the beo crescent (been eating for over 20 yrs!) and jalan besar ones..

Comment

I like the beo crescent one too. Also, it is like a transport back to the olden days.
        On my wrist:
        2010 Seiko Spirit
        2009 Tag Heuer Autavia
        2009 Breitling Superocean Steelfish
        2008 GMT II Black/Red
        2008 Exp II White
        2006 Orient Power-reserve
        2005 Citizen Eco-drive

Wishlist:
        GMT-IIc
        Breitling Blackbird
        Omega Aquagraph Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Heuer View Post
          Which one in your opinion is the best.
          Personally Tien Tien & China Street, maybe bcos they are run by Hainanese No lah actually it's the pork chop I like.
          Below are 2 more not sure it's still there:
          1. Ta Chong 大众Hainanese curry rise also run by Hainanese ppl at Blk36, Telok Blangah Rise Mkt & FC than move to Jalan Besar, opposite Sim Lim Tower coffeshop.
          2. At Upper Serangoon road(near Puggol nasi lemak), selling at wee hour, was there once at 3am to Q, avoid at all cost, super ex, worst of the lot listed, curry no flavor looks more like dish water colour.
          Originally posted by takuyazzz View Post
          i like the beo crescent (been eating for over 20 yrs!) and jalan besar ones..
          Traditional Hainanese curry rice don't have fish cake, Jalan Besar has it as side order You know the slimy condition of the kitchen next to the toilet in those shop houses are like and they place the food we are eating on the kitchen floor I Happen to be there using the toilet before they are open for business. Never return to eat since then, hygiene is a problem there.
          Last edited by luvtime; 12-07-13, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvtime View Post
            Personally Tien Tien & China Street, maybe bcos they are run by Hainanese No lah actually it's the pork chop I like.
            Below are 2 more not sure it's still there:
            1. Ta Chong 大众Hainanese curry rise also run by Hainanese ppl at Blk36, Telok Blangah Rise Mkt & FC than move to Jalan Besar, opposite Sim Lim Tower coffeshop.
            2. At Upper Serangoon road(near Puggol nasi lemak), selling at wee hour, was there once at 3am to Q, avoid at all cost, super ex, worst of the lot listed, curry no flavor looks more like dish water colour.

Traditional Hainanese curry rice don't have fish cake, Jalan Besar has it as side order You know the slimy condition of the kitchen next to the toilet in those shop houses are like and they place the food we are eating on the kitchen floor I Happen to be there using the toilet before they are open for business. Never return to eat since then, hygiene is a problem there.
            Not sure where you heard that da chong have shifted. But to what I know, they have always been at telok blangah rise till today. Matter of fact, just ate this morning.

Comment

Thanks,brother Luvtime for letting me know where are the recommended places for curry rice ..............

Just tried Tian Tian Hainanese curry rice, Blk 116, Bukit Merah View.....super ex but not bad !
              The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
              The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
              The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

Like the one at bro cresent

Comment

Originally posted by valles View Post
                  Not sure where you heard that da chong have shifted. But to what I know, they have always been at telok blangah rise till today. Matter of fact, just ate this morning.
                  Was told it has shifted, good that it's still there, will go eat. Thks
                  Originally posted by timefreak2000 View Post
                  Thanks,brother Luvtime for letting me know where are the recommended places for curry rice ..............

Just tried Tian Tian Hainanese curry rice, Blk 116, Bukit Merah View.....super ex but not bad !
                  Yes Bro, nice but super ex indeed.

Comment

Thanks for the lists. Yummy,now know where to go for good ones.

Comment

Beo crescent on my target list for now. Gonna find a chance to go try...

Comment

There's one stall at Clementi Market near Clementi Mall... In terms of flavour & taste, comparable to the ones in Pasir Panjang & Tiong Bahru...

Got to jio my makan kakis to try out the Beo Crescent one...

Comment

Blk 65 telok blangah Drive. closed thurs.

Comment

the coffee shop beside bugis temple have one curry rice.. is GOOD.

Comment

along upper serangoon road. beside the soon kueh store. sin chew chin loke or something like that. good curry rice. open from 6pm.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X