Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai overpriced?

Not trying to bash Panerai watches/owners here. But seriously speaking. Touch your heart. How many of you owners here feels that Panerais are overpriced timepieces? Is it really a $2K watch slapping on a $10K price tag? For the record, I don't own one. Just trying to gather feedback on how the owners feel that's all.
    "The Datograph is perfect in every detail. The Germans [Lange] have surpassed us [the Swiss]." - Philippe Dufour

most of the 'luxury' watches are overpriced.....why buy a 10k watch when a 10 bucks watch tells you the same thing?

how many things did we buy in our lifetime that isnt worth buying at all?? countless i suppose...

i own a car and live in condo....does any of them justify their price? Nope...but its a change of lifestyle and i like them...

watch collecting is a passion... you dont measure the price with it...
    Watches kept for the next generation...
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Sinn U1

Comment

Happy buy loh, not happy overprice loh....

Comment

Omega Speedmaster Date
        Sinn U1

Comment

Yes, overpriced.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

rolex also overpriced...especially daytona.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Pams are overpriced...that's why people buy.
              Daytonas are overpriced...that's why people like
              Pateks are overpriced...that's why the waiting is long

If Rolex reduce their prices by 20%, I think the demand will go down.

That's the way life is.

Comment

most branded watches are overpriced anyway. only is u buy liao happy or not is more important haha

Comment

Yes yes.... happy can already loh...

If you do the math, the price of gold daytona is more overprice vs. SS daytona. How much is the price gold per gram?

If you look at two-tone daytona vs SS daytona worst. How come Steel is selling more expensive than gold leh???

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  most branded watches are overpriced anyway. only is u buy liao happy or not is more important haha

Comment

i know why rolex and panerai so expensive liao!!! ...becos you can join the rolex and paneristi forums and be a part of the great community....

personally....i feel the paneristi community shares a great passion for their watches....

on top of that... their history and limited pieces will command a premium...simply supply and demand...

i love my rolex and pam equally....shhhh....dont let my wife hear me...
                    Omega Speedmaster Date
                    Sinn U1

Comment

i love my rolex and pam and my wife equally...

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
                      i know why rolex and panerai so expensive liao!!! ...becos you can join the rolex and paneristi forums and be a part of the great community....

personally....i feel the paneristi community shares a great passion for their watches....

on top of that... their history and limited pieces will command a premium...simply supply and demand...

i love my rolex and pam equally....shhhh....dont let my wife hear me...

Comment

haha no rolex or pam also can join lah. have a email acc can liao haha

Comment

My feel...

Personally, i feel that its the demand of the market and the branding (who humans "fry" them) to make it so overpriced!
                          I always believe:
                          More production, less demand= Cheap
                          Less production, more demand= Expensive
                          I think this is life, if not everything will be the same price...

Comment

Bottomline is this: We're paying for their successful marketing. Just imagine, if they don't market their watches successfully, would you take a second glance at a Rolex? Or Panerai? Or Omega? Overpriced yes, but more importantly, worth it or not? Just hear what your heart says everytime u strap it on or glance at it to check time
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

There are many types of over priced?

1. overpriced but can sell - because many people like
                              2. overpriced but cannot sell - because many people don't like.

The real question would then be whether you like or not. . . . . . because everything in this world is over priced. . . . . . . . thats how people make money. . . .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X