Sea Dweller OR GMT Master II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Dweller OR GMT Master II

Hi All senior and members, am looking for a sport model Rollies as I am very new into this would need expert advice on a few pointers:

[1]A Sea Dweller and the GMT Master II in term of price which will cost more.
    [2]Btw which is more sought after the Dweller of the Master II
    [3]Btw GMT Master I and GMT Master II is it correct to say the GMT Master II will always cost more.
    [4]@ $5,800 should I take the Sea Dweller "F" series of a 'P' series GMT Master I .

Thank you all, any info and tips on the above are greatly appreciated.
    Rolex Submarina TT 116613LN
    Rolex Explorer 216570
    Panarai Black Seal PAM 380
    Breitling Chronomat Evolution TT
    RXW MM 20
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling ChronoMatic
    Breitling Super Ocean Chrono
    Breitling STEELFish
    Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Chrono Globe
    Rolex 15200

Originally posted by Breitling View Post
    Hi All senior and members, am looking for a sport model Rollies as I am very new into this would need expert advice on a few pointers:

[1]A Sea Dweller and the GMT Master II in term of price which will cost more.
    [2]Btw which is more sought after the Dweller of the Master II
    [3]Btw GMT Master I and GMT Master II is it correct to say the GMT Master II will always cost more.
    [4]@ $5,800 should I take the Sea Dweller "F" series of a 'P' series GMT Master I .

first like to know ut GMT master II refers to 16710? 116710? or ??

second, u looking @ pre-owned or brand new?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Senior, I am comparing preowned Sea Dweller 16600 'F' series to 'P' series GMT 16710. both cost about $5,800.
      Rolex Explorer 216570
      RXW MM 20
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Breitling ChronoMatic
      Breitling STEELFish
      Rolex 15200

Comment

Bro, pls see my reply in <>

[1]A Sea Dweller and the GMT Master II in term of price which will cost more.<It's around the same, depending on condition of watch, whether got papers/box & age>
        [2]Btw which is more sought after the Dweller of the Master II <The GMT Master II. Because it has already been discontiued while the SD is still in production>
        [3]Btw GMT Master I and GMT Master II is it correct to say the GMT Master II will always cost more. <Not true. The GMT Master is also very collectible>
        [4]@ $5,800 should I take the Sea Dweller "F" series of a 'P' series GMT Master I . <Which do you like more? Try not to buy a watch because it is more sought after or more famous,... Buy something that you like more>

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Thank you Brother minusplus, personally I prefer the GMT Master, there is a pcs GMT Master I, 16700 discontinued model no box, no papers condition above 95% asking $5,800/- is this a resonable pricing?
          Rolex Explorer 216570
          RXW MM 20
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Breitling ChronoMatic
          Breitling STEELFish
          Rolex 15200

Comment

Thank you Brother minusplus, personally I prefer the GMT Master, there is a pcs GMT Master I, 16700 discontinued model no box, no papers condition above 95% asking $5,800/- is this a resonable pricing?
            i won't consider any rollie without box or paper but there's just my personal opinion. like what bro minusplus said, buy something that floats your boat and not cos it's discontinued and highly collectible.
            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
            "Foreign affections"
            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
            What's NEXT?

Comment

I would consider this a little expensive.... even with box and papers. But better get 2nd and 3rd opinion from others, I might be wrong.
              Submariner 14060
              Breitling Colt Auto II
              Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
              Bell & Ross BR03-92
              MM20

Comment

No problem bro. A Rolex is not cheap, even for a pre-owned one. Always good to do more research before getting one.

The 16700 has been discontinued and it's younger brother 16710 also. This makes both of them collectible and highly sought after. Consequently, their prices will go up. Is 5.8K Reasonable? I have never come across a reasonably priced Rolex. If you're asking if it's worth the buy, then this very much depends on how much you like the watch.

End of the day if you decide to get this, pls get it authenticated at RSC
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                  I have never come across a reasonably priced Rolex.
                  I fully agree with this.
                  Submariner 14060
                  Breitling Colt Auto II
                  Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                  Bell & Ross BR03-92
                  MM20

Comment

Dont tat makes us "unreasonable spenders"??
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Gmt master 1 pricing depend on it's series, the older series is cheaper, with or without cert, and it's bracelet counted too, double lock or single lock. if you said 5.8k, that mean it should be double lock without cert or it is abit too high. But all depend on yourself. FYI, 1675 is also gmt 1.

Comex 1665, Daytona 6263 Mark I Dial Zenith, Daytona SS 16520 Black Zenith, GMT 1675 Matt Dial, GMT Fatlady 16760, Explorer II 1655 Orange Hand, Submariner 1680 Red, Submariner 5512 Matt, Submariner LV 'M' Series, Submariner 5513 Matt, Omega Seamaster Ltd Ed 007, Cyma Andy Lau's watch.

Comment

Thank you all for your info, knowledge and tips, greatly appreciated your time taken to answer to my queries.
                        Rolex Explorer 216570
                        RXW MM 20
                        Breitling Super Avenger
                        Breitling ChronoMatic
                        Breitling STEELFish
                        Rolex 15200

Comment

Based on your original posting, the Sea Dweller sounds like a better buy. I've seen GMT-II 16710 sell for $5.8k used, and I think they make better users than then earlier 16700.

$5.8k is expensive for 16700. About a month back a dealer offered me a 16700 with papers for $5.2k. For me even that is too high ... since I expect to pay only $4.5+k at this time.

That said, it's a matter of preference. Faced with the same decision I bought the GMT-II ... and some months later chanced across a well-priced SD which I bought ... and I've come to like the heft of the SD better.

Try both before deciding!

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                            .............................Faced with the same decision I bought the GMT-II ... and some months later chanced across a well-priced SD which I bought ... and I've come to like the heft of the SD better.

Try both before deciding!
                            SO Brother are you letting go any piece...... .....if yes let me know or better still let everyone in ROC know,,
                            Rolex Explorer 216570
                            RXW MM 20
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Breitling ChronoMatic
                            Breitling STEELFish
                            Rolex 15200

Comment

Here's the two side by side. Which one looks better on your wrist? That's the one you go for...first

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X