ob1kenob scam 97845864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ob1kenob scam 97845864

Seller posted sale of suunto vector stating "good condition". I noted rating was good and no negative feedback and proceeded to meet up at blk 8 Holland ave. I met him at the playground. I asked him how old was the watch and he replied that it was 3 years old, he seemed friendly and introduced himself as Ryan. My over reliance on his rating was my mistake. I did a cursory check and with his verbal assurance that the watch was working fine I made my way back. Upon reaching home, excited about my new purchase, I quickly settled down to familiarise myself with my new watch. I was utterly shocked and dismayed when I found out that it was not functioning properly. Basically once the time is set if the mode is activated, the time reset itself to 1800hrs (after several tries).

Unfortunately, after informing him that night, his response was he claimed it was battery fault and no response thereafter.

This guy is definitely a cheat and scammer for the following reasons:

1. card inside state bought 5 years ago - he claimed 3 years old.
    2. no response after messaging several times and calling him no answer.
    3. I checked the battery compartment and found a piece of sticky tape inside apparently used to ensure the battery has better contact. This really confirm my suspicion he's a cheat. He definitely knew that there is a contact problem with the battery. Without the sticker, the display will flicker.
    Lesson learn, rating cannot be fully trusted, in my case I was very unlucky since I am his first victim. Unless the rest went unreported.

So fellow watch lovers, beware of this guy!!!! Don't be another victim. Thankfully the sum I lost was only $90. If it was of much higher value, I will really kick myself!

So remember his nick is ob1kenob ......the dark side version sigh...

:

I did replied at few thread, something like do not based on high rating or just a few rating. I not saying good or bad to give and receive rating, you may do so if you want to, I not saying good or bad if no rating at all. MOD ADMIN & super members please don't get wrong, what I meant and mean, super deals (buy sell trade) based upon the time that you dealt with. Like I said, behavior never lies, attitude can change but not character.

This is my simple guidelines.
    Members with BOOM rating, good to go but careful, not comfortable with the items, just say my I consider, from that point you may see true colors. Good sellers no issues to let you walk away, cuz they know the items can be sold easily. Oh yeah I saw few good sellers, they pointed you up hidden issues before deal. This kind of sellers not easy to get..

Members with no BOOM rating but a few not bad lah, ask if view with no obligation. Good sellers no issues with that, some will go extra mile, like items information and many more you can consider.

Members with no rating at all how?.. PG if you need to
    You can base on sellers contribution. Items information, view with no obligation, many more.

For me I don't look at sellers with extra miles , why because i'm local. I prefer sellers with extra kilometers, why because easy to understand..

Not easy to look for nice people and not easy to be nice people.

I don't have the best point of view but I try too..
    Thanks! Everybody Thanks!

Comment

If it is the same person, I have, too, dealt with him, twice IIRC. Once was a sale, the other was purchase. I have no problem in both the dealings. Hope he'll respond to you and things get cleared. Tx for the feedback.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

$90 is a small sum... I hope the seller can just refund the money.

Comment

Originally posted by seizure View Post
          $90 is a small sum... I hope the seller can just refund the money.
          agree on that

Comment

Despicable act..plan to report it to the police??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X