anybody interested in SBDX012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody interested in SBDX012?

i missed out on the SBDX003 and could only get it second hand...

don't want to make the same mistake again. i'm probably going to a regional country (or two) to buy mine, and hopefully find at least one with an interesting serial number as well.

double the run of the SBDX003 - this will be limited to 1000 pieces. i intend to get a few pieces, if luck permits, for my own collection.

if anyone is interested in owning one, brand new, probably with minimal discount, please PM me and i will be happy to keep you informed during my travels in first half of next year.

i do not intend to sell the pieces i am buying for myself. i am just offering to buy and hand carry back for those who are interested in buying one for themselves also.

there is no service charge, etc. i have also never been stopped for "GST checks" at the airport before, as i disembark and get out of changi airport ahead of most passengers...

i have to be long winded about this because i know some forum participants will misunderstand my english and think i'm trying to earn something from this.

anyway, happy to continue this discussion via PM or email.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

D*MN...!
    2 months ago - YES YES YES, die die MUST get!
    1 month ago - nah, looking at SOTC plus history of black bezel watch not staying long...PASS!
    Now with your kind offer - HEADACHE!
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

i think this watch will look different to most black bezel divers because of its gold accents... and i think it is a more faithful re-issue to the original (than the SBDX003) because of the updated bezel insert.

i'm inclined to give it a go because i believe (whether rightly or wrongly) that seiko has figured a way to replace stripped tubes on these cases.

plus the addition of a bracelet and diashield... if they'll only put in a 9s55 and sapphire crystal, i think it will be pretty much perfect.

you've got quite a few months more to make up your mind. stay in touch!
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I have the
        6215-7000
        6159-7000
        sbdx001
        and the
        sbdx003

Wont be missing this

Comment

pm sent. did you receive?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            i missed out on the SBDX003 and could only get it second hand...

don't want to make the same mistake again. i'm probably going to a regional country (or two) to buy mine, and hopefully find at least one with an interesting serial number as well.

double the run of the SBDX003 - this will be limited to 1000 pieces. i intend to get a few pieces, if luck permits, for my own collection.

if anyone is interested in owning one, brand new, probably with minimal discount, please PM me and i will be happy to keep you informed during my travels in first half of next year.

i do not intend to sell the pieces i am buying for myself. i am just offering to buy and hand carry back for those who are interested in buying one for themselves also.

there is no service charge, etc. i have also never been stopped for "GST checks" at the airport before, as i disembark and get out of changi airport ahead of most passengers...

i have to be long winded about this because i know some forum participants will misunderstand my english and think i'm trying to earn something from this.

anyway, happy to continue this discussion via PM or email.
            I m interested by any chance I can participate in the purchase as well? Can get some discount?

[B]
            Movement[/B]
            Valjoux 7750
            Lemania 5100
            ETA 2801

Comment

just an update:

tentatively, i'm trying to get to japan on jan 23rd but (at the moment) unlikely i can make it, so i am trying to make it over the jan 24th to 26th weekend.

the back-up (but definitely free period) is a short 10-day vacation from feb 13th to 23rd 2015.

i believe the price should be about 3k SGD, depending on exchange rate.

Comment

i have replied all PMs. those who did not receive a reply from me - your inbox is full (at least 2 of you).

BACKGROUND:

Seiko SBDX012 - 1,000 serialized pieces. please google for more info.

don't ask me for specifications, etc. don't ask me for discounts either because i am not a dealer.

my motivations are simple: i am going there to buy this watch with specific serial numbers in mind. i am happy to buy a few more for those interested.

PRICING:

the price is 280,000 yen before tax. i am not sure if it can be discounted further or not. it is not polite to haggle over prices in many places in japan... and i don't really want to do it. i hope you can understand.

but if i get it cheaper, i am happy to pass on the savings to you (since each piece has a unique number). eg, yodobashi's website is listing it as 241,920 yen right now (before stocks are available).

5% VISA CARD DISCOUNT:

yes, but this is before FX/FT fees imposed by the bank. i honestly don't know how much the final amount will be as i usually use cash in japan. at the end of the day, you must commit to the final total amount i am charged in SGD. otherwise, please insist that i pay in cash.

HOW TO COMMIT:

my process: i go to the store, i ask for the watch. after i inspect the watch, and if i don't like the serial number, i will send a mass text message to everyone on my list stating store location, price, serial number and other necessary details.

first person's message that i get (eg, "okay i will take serial #444 - i insist on visa payment") has priority. please understand that i must be able to secure the watch for purchase within the time i send the message and the time i get a reply.

if you take 4 hours to reply and i am no longer near the watch shop, please don't kpkb. i am happy to wait 10-15 minutes with the watch, but i'm not going to take too long. my time in japan is quite limited as i am actually supposed to be in south korea with my wife.

i will scrutinize the watch all over carefully. if it has any marks/wear/scratches (bearing in mind the watch is diashield coated, scratches WILL/CAN still occur), i will inform you about it before i make payment. if the condition is unacceptable, i will not proceed with the purchase. you will be told this, and i will make arrangements for photos if you are still keen (eg, i have whatsapp/line/kakaotalk if i can find a free wifi spot).

CURRENCY CONTROL: i am allowed to bring in 1m in yen (about 11k sgd). i do not wish to make any currency declarations, so for those who "die die" want me to pay in cash, there might be limited availability, depending on how the serial number situation works out.

i have numbers that i am looking out for myself - but like most pantang singaporeans, i will not be buying anything with 4, 44, 444, 74, 499, 748, etc... but even if i see it, i will still message you guys in case you change your minds... or you are godless like my wife, and such numbers do not disturb you.

GST PAYMENT:

finally, there is the issue of GST payment. this is not an issue. i am happy to queue up, declare and pay for GST and provide you with the receipt issued by singapore customs. all other discussions relating to GST must take place through PM.

PAYMENT:

1. i am not accepting payment up front as it's just 3-5 of you guys interested. please don't back out once you have committed to the piece. i earn no money from this, so don't "play me out".

2. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY MONEY DOING THIS EITHER. i should not be liable for any foreign transaction fee or losses due to poor FX spreads.

so i get back to singapore from korea on Feb 23rd. the committed buyer will already know the place of purchase and date of the particular watch that you have committed to. included is the original receipt. whatever i am charged by my bank (if it's paid by visa ) after all fees added, you'll have to be responsible for. i am happy to show you a censored copy of my statement.

for those that i have bought the watch in cash... i will use my singapore money changer exchange rate. i will round off to the nearest dollar. i am happy to show you the receipt from the money changer. the difference between my money changer's rate and your friend's father's best friend's family operated money changer is going to be negligible.

i will not put up with haggling. please enter this process with your eyes wide opened, and make sure you actually have the money set aside before committing.

obviously if i damage your watch before you get it, it will be my responsibility... and in such an unlikely situation, you will be given the option of backing out when we meet in singapore.

for those who might prefer to meet air side, for whatever reasons... i will be flying SIN-HKG-HND (CX), HND-GMP (JL), ICN-HKG-SIN (CX). i am also able to guest you into any OW lounge i'm in. for privacy and security reasons, please ask for the dates/timings via PM.

MISC:

a. Seiko SBDC027 (Sumo LE)

as i understand it... this watch is also available. i don't know much about it as it is not what i am interested in... but if you see this message and think you want one, you may drop me a line with your contact details and i'll see what happens when i'm watch hunting in japan. price is 80,000 yen before tax.

b. for 2 of you that contacted me last year, i may still not have your phone number yet. i will be messaging you shortly when i am confirming my contact list.

this is all.
                Last edited by taxico; 02-01-15, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Thank for a very detail description of the purchasing process. I have PMed you my contact. Thank you.

[B]
                  Movement[/B]
                  Valjoux 7750
                  Lemania 5100
                  ETA 2801

Comment

not much is going on as i am still finalizing my dates. for obvious reasons, i wish to be in japan as close to jan 23rd as possible, but because of real life issues, i am having some difficulty confirming the dates.

i have changed my plane tickets once already, and will probably have to change it once more... so i will reply your PMs immediately WHEN my japan arrival/departure date is CONFIRMED.

ie, i have not replied your PM because it is useless to do that right now. i will do so when i have "double confirmed" everything.

there is more clarity that way.

those who were not able to send me a PM as my inbox was full, you can try again. i regret any inconvenience caused.

thanks for your patience!

Comment

hi, pm you with contact.
                      Thanks

Comment

hi all,

i have stopped taking names at this time. updates and dates to come next week.

Comment

Look forward to your good news next week...

[B]
                          Movement[/B]
                          Valjoux 7750
                          Lemania 5100
                          ETA 2801

Comment

please check email
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wonder if we still going ahead as planned?
                              __________________________________________________

[B]
                              Movement[/B]
                              Valjoux 7750
                              Lemania 5100
                              ETA 2801

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X