Explorer II broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer II broken?

Hi, I found this forum while I was searching for info on repairing Rolex watches.

My husband's Explorer II recently stopped moving completely. Usually when it stops, we would set the time, shake it a bit and it would be able to last for about a week. But recently it has been stopping very often. And today it can only move for a few minutes before stopping. I've tried winding it (by unscrewing the crown to the first "position") but it doesn't seem to help. Is it broken? I think it's taken a few hard knocks in the past. Can someone recommend a reputable shop to repair it? I'm reluctant to go to the service centre at Tong building because I hear they are very expansive. Recession now so must be more careful what we spend on .

Would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

It is time for servicing loh!

You can send to Top Hour at LP or JW for cheaper servicing...

Originally posted by reney View Post
    Hi, I found this forum while I was searching for info on repairing Rolex watches.

My husband's Explorer II recently stopped moving completely. Usually when it stops, we would set the time, shake it a bit and it would be able to last for about a week. But recently it has been stopping very often. And today it can only move for a few minutes before stopping. I've tried winding it (by unscrewing the crown to the first "position") but it doesn't seem to help. Is it broken? I think it's taken a few hard knocks in the past. Can someone recommend a reputable shop to repair it? I'm reluctant to go to the service centre at Tong building because I hear they are very expansive. Recession now so must be more careful what we spend on .

Comment

Try do a search and you should get the answer. Of late, there were many queries on alternative servicing to RSC. Gd luck.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

No la not broken dun worry.

Just bring to RSC and see how much it's gonna come up to first...then compare with the other independent service people

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wow thanks for the quick replies!

May I know what is "LP"?

Sorry I'm not firmiliar with the acronyms! :P

I've been reading the FAQ's and found a recommendation on page 8:
          JW Watch at no 1 Pickering Street, #01-02 Great Eastern Centre (beside Hans)

Will try the search function. Thanks again!

Comment

LP is Lucky Plaza

Comment

yes, lucky plaza top hour- keson, very nice uncle.
              pricing very reasonable ,aro half the price RSC ask for.
              Happy Owner of
              ----------------
              Ball Iono (Work)
              Rolex GMT Master ll "Z"(After Work)
              Nike Hammer*Black(Sport Wear)

Wish-List
              ----------------
              White Dial Rolex(Daytona or Exp2) for dressy.
              FM Crazy Hour(blue).

A cheap battery preown winder(2 watch), pm me if you got one.

Comment

Originally posted by reney View Post

Hi Mdm,

Personally i've been to :
                Time Top
                Golden Landmark
                #02-39.
                Ask for Mr Lim(Hai)
                Tel : 9833 5972 - 6296 3698

Satisfaction guaranteed!!!
                A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse