Rolex as wedding gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex as wedding gift

Im new here..came in to source for info abt Rolex..was thinking of buying it as a wedding gift for fiance cos he doesnt want a gold ring. he jokingly mentioned rolex and we went into dickson to have a look. Budget is 7k. was looking at 116233 with diamond dial..Is it ok to get a second hand for wedding gift?

Hi Welcome, I'm new too

I see nothing wrong with buying 2nd hand Rolex as a gift for your loved ones, if he is ok, you should be ok too!
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

IMO, it is ok but you are the best judge since you know him. We don't. Gd luck!
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If your fiance is superstitious about wearing what others have worn before, believing it will bring over the luck (bad or good) to himself, I would suggest you don't get preown. Likewise, if your parents or in-laws are Cantonese, this could be a big no no, in terms of getting preown and giving watches as gifts.

If you clear the above, look for brand new Rolexe alternatives within the budget instead if you don't want a preown. Its a gift of a lifetime, not for selling away in the future.

As an alternative, for gold content, try Bulgari. They issue certificates that state the amount of gold use in their watches.

BTW, congratulations on your coming wedding!

Comment

hmm..can go for a sub lv or regular sub too...timeless classic models from rolex...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks so much for all of your replies..im very glad that theres such a pro forum so ive deactivated my panic mode..

tested the waters already..hes ok w second hand..i asked if he'd rather i got a second hand merc or a cherry qq..he said he'll go for second hand..

will be asking him for $1 so it will be like selling to him..just in case if any of our elders are pantang..didnt know watches apply..tot clock only..

saw the subs..its a beauty..he hinted that he wants something with date

figured that these are ard my budget:
            submariner 16610
            datejust 116200
            seadweller 16600

guys and their expensive toys....now im starting to like it as i search more abt it..die la

Comment

get the sub with date...can match every occasion...hehehe..if he like bling bling type can get him the sub 16613...two tone sub...look veri manly and classic..hahaha...u can try to search our sales area in the forum too.Many great buys...hehehehe....always remember to deal at RSC to check if the watch is authentic...hehehehe....

Comment

hehehe..anyway watches are far better than spending on other exp 'toys' rite..

Comment

Originally posted by Carissa View Post
                  Thanks so much for all of your replies..im very glad that theres such a pro forum so ive deactivated my panic mode..

tested the waters already..hes ok w second hand..i asked if he'd rather i got a second hand merc or a cherry qq..he said he'll go for second hand..

will be asking him for $1 so it will be like selling to him..just in case if any of our elders are pantang..didnt know watches apply..tot clock only..

saw the subs..its a beauty..he hinted that he wants something with date

figured that these are ard my budget:
                  submariner 16610
                  datejust 116200
                  seadweller 16600

guys and their expensive toys....now im starting to like it as i search more abt it..die la
                  as feilong108 suggested, a preowned 16613 is available somewhere, either in this forum or at one of the preown shops. I'll PM you when I find it. Think its within your budget (sgd 6800 IIRC).

Some Cantonese I know associate both watch and clock as the same so its safer to check. Don't want to offend either parents or in-laws would you?

Comment

Correct! For Chinese, we prefer new things for gift. During Chinese New Year, we Q in the bank just to get new notes for our hongbao...
                    So I suggest you get new stuff for the wedding gift....

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                    If your fiance is superstitious about wearing what others have worn before, believing it will bring over the luck (bad or good) to himself, I would suggest you don't get preown. Likewise, if your parents or in-laws are Cantonese, this could be a big no no, in terms of getting preown and giving watches as gifts.

If you clear the above, look for brand new Rolexe alternatives within the budget instead if you don't want a preown. Its a gift of a lifetime, not for selling away in the future.

As an alternative, for gold content, try Bulgari. They issue certificates that state the amount of gold use in their watches.

BTW, congratulations on your coming wedding!

Comment

With 7K budget, top-up another $400 to $600 can get the BNIB sub-lv from one of our bros here. If don't like green bezel, then can consider bnib explorer 2 and S.S sub-date ( both watches should be within your 7k budget ) and new too. Will never go wrong with these 3 models.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                        With 7K budget, top-up another $400 to $600 can get the BNIB sub-lv from one of our bros here. If don't like green bezel, then can consider bnib explorer 2 and S.S sub-date ( both watches should be within your 7k budget ) and new too. Will never go wrong with these 3 models.

Happy hunting.
                        Agreed!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

$7k, why not get the ExpII black dial. with its red needle very nice! With the change, you can bao hongbao for them too!

Comment

your fiance is lucky fellow. i want a seiko also dont have.

do note that some people are superstitous when giving items such as watch as a wedding gift. do check with your future parents-in-law.

alternative to a gold ring, maybe can consider another material made ring. can consider cartier, bvlgari rings.'

if still going for watch with 7k budget, may i suggest the explorer II.

Originally posted by Carissa View Post
                            Im new here..came in to source for info abt Rolex..was thinking of buying it as a wedding gift for fiance cos he doesnt want a gold ring. he jokingly mentioned rolex and we went into dickson to have a look. Budget is 7k. was looking at 116233 with diamond dial..Is it ok to get a second hand for wedding gift?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

aiya triton..bo bian..he bought me a 1 carat ring leh..it was a surprise lor..i see him like so poor thing..keep on seeing and surfing..go shop touch touch but dun own it..walk out from the shop like so dejected..empatize w him..so savin $$ then ill get one for him lor..tested the waters already..they ok w e idea..but ill get him to gimme a nominal sum like $1 or $2 as a token..like he 'bought' it lor..

u wun believe it but im copying down all of the suggestions!!

now ive got a colleague who is thinking of buying 1 too..but the diff is that shes loaded..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X