tag heuer Monza calibre 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tag heuer Monza calibre 36

Wanna ask all watch collectors their opinion on the above. I know quite a no do not think highly of tag heuer and feel tt its overpriced. The monza is discontinued (any one knows why) and the above is fitted with the Zenith El Primero mechanism.

My partner (gong gong) put down a deposit for it ($5XXX). Wonder if the watch shop (one of the better known watch shop in spore)) will allow a change to another watch of diff brand? Am considering the IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto but understand it costs $8xxx+. Of cos the IWC is a more premier watch but the $$ hurts quite a fair bit.

Thanks for all opinion.

Iwc......

Comment

IWC without a doubt...

Tags are overpriced..
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by beemer75 View Post
        Wanna ask all watch collectors their opinion on the above. I know quite a no do not think highly of tag heuer and feel tt its overpriced. The monza is discontinued (any one knows why) and the above is fitted with the Zenith El Primero mechanism.

My partner (gong gong) put down a deposit for it ($5XXX). Wonder if the watch shop (one of the better known watch shop in spore)) will allow a change to another watch of diff brand? Am considering the IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto but understand it costs $8xxx+. Of cos the IWC is a more premier watch but the $$ hurts quite a fair bit.

Thanks for all opinion.
        Think you can change it...but u better do it asap...
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
          Think you can change it...but u better do it asap...
          u hv a tag Monza? hows the watch. Frankly 8K is alot for me at this moment; need to save money for hse and wedding. I dun really need a watch now but i do hope to get the IWC some day. My partner lost senses and put down the deposit for the monza.

I quite like the design of the monza though.

Comment

u hv a tag Monza? hows the watch. Frankly 8K is alot for me at this moment; need to save money for hse and wedding. I dun really need a watch now but i do hope to get the IWC some day. My partner lost senses and put down the deposit for the monza.

I quite like the design of the monza though.
            Hi bro,

Yes i've a Monza.... I like the watch and it's still running well athough it's not getting the wrist time it deserves. I've contemplated to sell it on few occastions but decided against it (but am thinking of flipping it now to fund another purchase). It's not easy to find square/cushion-shaped watches.. i like mine in black dial on brown croc leather. You should also consider Tag Grand Carrera...nice! Especially the brown dial version...

$5K for it is steep...you can get a lot more out of it on other brands... i think yr partner dotes/loves you enough to buy it for you...have you called them to change it? I can suggest you switch to IWC aquatimer at that price unless u only want IWC Portugese only...let us know how it turns out...

I believe you're referring to this?

cheers

james
            Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 02-03-08, 10:23 PM.

Current collection
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Hallo Bro
              Yes tts the monza. How much did you pay for it and when was tt? The monza has been around for a no of years(when did it come out - 2001?)? Its discontinued and very few places hv them. Saw one (chrono) at Tampines selling for abt high $3K plus after discount.

My partner reserved the Calibre 36 tts why its 5K+ (list is 7.5k hmmm). Still think it's costly but yes totally agree with you, very few nice square faced watches ard. Panerai...well still trying to get to like the crown protector though there are more ex models w/o the protector.

Yes only like the portugese .

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
              Hi bro,

Yes i've a Monza.... I like the watch and it's still running well athough it's not getting the wrist time it deserves. I've contemplated to sell it on few occastions but decided against it (but am thinking of flipping it now to fund another purchase). It's not easy to find square/cushion-shaped watches.. i like mine in black dial on brown croc leather. You should also consider Tag Grand Carrera...nice! Especially the brown dial version...

$5K for it is steep...you can get a lot more out of it on other brands... i think yr partner dotes/loves you enough to buy it for you...have you called them to change it? I can suggest you switch to IWC aquatimer at that price unless u only want IWC Portugese only...let us know how it turns out...

I believe you're referring to this?

cheers

james

Comment

Hallo Bro
                Yes tts the monza. How much did you pay for it and when was tt? The monza has been around for a no of years(when did it come out - 2001?)? Its discontinued and very few places hv them. Saw one (chrono) at Tampines selling for abt high $3K plus after discount.

My partner reserved the Calibre 36 tts why its 5K+ (list is 7.5k hmmm). Still think it's costly but yes totally agree with you, very few nice square faced watches ard. Panerai...well still trying to get to like the crown protector though there are more ex models w/o the protector.

Yes only like the portugese .
                this was a gift from a client...hahahaa....lucky me...she bought this for me around 2004 (that's when the first Tempus fair was launched). i think it's discontinued in 2006...Calibre 36 was launched 2005 if am not wrong, just short of 1 year after i received this watch. Not sure when Monza was launched though...

Pam is nice and i'm sure you'll like it gradually..catches you over time....

just let us know if you need any help....

cheers

james
                Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 03-03-08, 10:41 AM.

Current collection
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Thanks for all opinion.
                  Or how abt another idea? For the price of 5K plus,source for a pair of watches for both of you and your partner . How does it sound?
                  the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Thanks for all opinion.
                    Hi,... Jus found this forum and this is my first post... Jus waht to share my 2 cents...

I myself received a calibre 36 monza as a birthday present from my gf a couple of years back. To me, its a beautiful watch..and this being a present from her, made it all the more beautiful.. If I were you, I'd keep that watch, for what it is and what it represents.. I have a few monacos in my collection as well.. what is important to me in a watch, is the design and how the watch fits your personality.. does it bother me if people think lowly of it ? Not at all.. I have more confidence in myself than to be bothered by people's opinion.. So what if it has no resale value.. are you going to sell away a gift ? Recently, my gf took a liking to the monza and has been wearing it.. she wanted to get one for herself but like you said, its no more in production. So I told her to just use it as long as she like. To me, the monza design is timeless, and I guess, the worth of the design, is the intangible thing that you're paying for.. So if I were you, I'd treasure the gift... receive it with an open mind and a big heart..
                    Last edited by triton; 27-10-08, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X