Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price Hike on Omega Seamaster 007 40th anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Hike on Omega Seamaster 007 40th anniversary?

Hi guys,

Jz wanna check if there is a recent price increase in the Omega Seamaster 40th Anniversary series?

Went to some preowned watch shop and was informed that the prices of this model went crazy recently and they also dunno how to quote a buy in price for it... Then went to *** forum and saw the following post:

http://www.***.com.sg/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2274

http://www.***.com.sg/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2218

If really the case, it it worth to buy/sell or keep it instead (for ppl who has it)

Pls advice...

No comments?

Comment

Hi,

I'm also surprised by the asking price on this watch, however I have no complain as I own this watch too.

Comment

at 12k, i'd rather buy a rolex (or two?) and enjoy for a year before re-selling at no loss.

omega releases so many limited editions and anniversary editions - it's become only as desirable as a buy/seller feels it to be.

further, most pre-owned watch prices in singapore are unrealistic, and some watch shops that buy to service and resell are just out to cut our throats.

a simple gauge may be to see how much overseas forums are asking for these pieces, then add 10% (to cover costs) if condition is similar.

if the foreign markets deem it 12k (ie, US$7.2k), it's probably correctly priced. personally i don't think any steel non-complicated seamaster is currently (even 6 months ago) worth 12k.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Strange...

Something attracts my attention the past few days...

2 pieces of VERY RARE and LIMITED (10,007 ONLY) Omega Seamaster 007 40th aniversary launched during 2002 have been put for sale in this forum by 2 separate sellers, one after another, for a price of $10k. The first one was reportedly sold in 3 days, at the asking price.

Being a long time Omega lover (lover only, not expert), I was amazed while at the same time frustrated about not being aware of such a valueable LE among the tens (or is it hundreds?) of LE issued by Omega. So I goggled to try and find some info about this watch.

I found this thread that shows the "price hike" did already happen some 2 years back in SG (?). Couldn't find the same happended in the foreign forums, where the same watch went for below or around 2000 euro.

Can some Omega expert please enlighten me?
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X