Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko SBDA001 OR SBDC003 'Sumo'

Hi All,

Would you prefer Seiko SBDA001 OR SBDC003 'Sumo' ??
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

... ask the guys on the seiko forum? I think some of them have it.

I was eyeing it at a time too but they are not available locally as far as I know.

Comment

Definitely the samurai titanium for looks and comfort.. Pricewise, its also a tad cheaper than the sumo. But for the movements, the sumo's 6R15 movement is defintiely better than the samurai titanium's conventional 7S26. The 6R15 movement allows hand-winding and seconds hand can be hacked, in addition its said to be more accurate.

weighing on the pros and cons of both, I think if its daily beater u seek, then the samurai would be a better choice. juz my 2cents
      HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
      REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

is the 7s26 the one that cannot be handwound? If so, it's like my earlier SKX seiko divers. They are all a bit wierd in that they won't wind on my watch winder !

anyway, there is a seller in this forum who has one for sale:
        http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:B....mega:250304720

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
          is the 7s26 the one that cannot be handwound? If so, it's like my earlier SKX seiko divers. They are all a bit wierd in that they won't wind on my watch winder !

anyway, there is a seller in this forum who has one for sale:
          http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:B....mega:250304720
          yup... 7S26 are not hand-windable and no hack adjustments. They are the ones found in the SKX divers and are really work-horse movements in their own rights, albeit much cheaper. I know cos I have the SKX779 aka the black monster and its a great beater
          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X