Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Explorer I

Does anyone know the price of this?
    It's a 70 or 80s explorer I with it's original "thin" bracelet.
    Looks like this.

Is this supposed to be more expensive or cheaper compared to those that are 6-10yrs old (i.e 2001-onwards)?

Was quoted 6k in Lucky Plaza.

Originally posted by ssworx View Post
    Looks like this.

Is this supposed to be more expensive or cheaper compared to those that are 6-10yrs old (i.e 2001-onwards)?

6K with out w/o papers and original box? If accompanying accessories are complete, then it sure is a gd price
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

6k w/box & papers.
      4.8k w/o box & papers.

Is it reasonable?

New one going @ 6k+.
      Just wanna get some views before commiting.

Comment

6k w/box & papers.
        4.8k w/o box & papers.

Is it reasonable?

New one going @ 6k+.
        If a pre-owned with box and papers costs 6K, might as well pay a few hundred more and get a brand new one

Comment

Would suggest you get a brand new.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

There's a few in Yahoo auctions going at 4plus. Alternatively, you can PM bro benji, who's also in this forum. Think he has some lobangs to get one

Comment

Looks like this.

bro,

your pic showed a vintage Rolex Explorer ref. 1016 and if it is, its movements are either caliber 1560 or 1570 or 1520, depending on its production period. These 1016 production series had no alphabets (like present day Rolex production year indicator) to indicate the year of productions and only runs in serial numbers up to the millions. The 1016 was replaced by the Explorer ref. 14270 with the caliber 3000 movement, followed by the present day Explorer ref 114270 with caliber 3130 movement.

Perhaps you should know that the main difference between the 1016 and present day explorer is that the 1016 uses the acrylic crystal and it has no steel surrounding its hour markers. In addition, all its hour markers are filled with Tritium that turned into a nice yellow look aka patina over time.

As for the 14270 and 114270, both look identical except that the 14270 steel framed hour markers were filled with Tritium and the 114270 steel framed hour markers are filled with Superluminova (this what all present day Rolex sports models use as in their hour markers).

So IMO, there shouldn't be a straight out comparison between the 1016 and the 14270 or the present day 114270.

6k w/box & papers.
              4.8k w/o box & papers.

Is it reasonable?

New one going @ 6k+.

As for the prices of 1016, it should command a higher price relative to that of the 14270 and 114270 since the 1016 is considered a vintage model and therefore a more collectible piece. As the 1016 is a vintage piece, I don't quite follow you when you mentioned that there are different prices quoted both with and without Box/papers. I mean if a vintage piece like the 1016 still has its box/papers, most vintage collectors would jump at it, let alone having the seller offering a deal with or without the box/papers . I think you must have thought that the 1016 are everything like the present day Explorer but in fact they in different league of their own as far as value is concerned. Perhaps you should be looking at the 114270 instead, as they can be had at the prices other bros had already pointed out. Juz my 2cents
              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                I don't quite follow you when you mentioned that there are different prices quoted both with and without Box/papers. I mean if a vintage piece like the 1016 still has its box/papers, most vintage collectors would jump at it, let alone having the seller offering a deal with or without the box/papers . I think you must have thought that the 1016 are everything like the present day Explorer but in fact they in different league of their own as far as value is concerned. Perhaps you should be looking at the 114270 instead, as they can be had at the prices other bros had already pointed out. Juz my 2cents
                I think what he was referring to was the 14270 or the 114270, since he mentioned brand new in one of his posts. 1016 no have any brand new ones mah

Comment

If it's referring to 1016 (vintage exp) then market probably commands around 7k-8.5k and without box & paper also.

6k and if the condition is good, I think it's a good buy.

Cheerio,

Comment

Aren't the framing of the 114270 white gold? I was told they are.

Anyway, $4.8k for 1016 sounds like a good price. I won't pay $1.2k more for the boxes if they aren't the ORIGINAL ones that the watch came with, but only something that the previous collector put toghether.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                      Aren't the framing of the 114270 white gold? I was told they are.

Anyway, $4.8k for 1016 sounds like a good price. I won't pay $1.2k more for the boxes if they aren't the ORIGINAL ones that the watch came with, but only something that the previous collector put toghether.
                      $4.8k can get a 1016 - where?

If 4.8k not only good price, it's lelong...lelong...

Cheerio,

Comment

The dude said lucky plaza...

Anyway, I personelly have a 114270 on reservation from a used dealer. Picking it up probably today... and for under $4k w/boxes and papers. Quite excited!

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                          If a pre-owned with box and papers costs 6K, might as well pay a few hundred more and get a brand new one
                          FYI, barring a price increase, after discount a new 114270 from say Hour Glass is about S$5550.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                            FYI, barring a price increase, after discount a new 114270 from say Hour Glass is about S$5550.
                            That gives even better reasons to consider a brand new Exp I instead of a pre-owned one. Thanks for the update keltzar

Comment

ok maybe i confused you guys.
                              I do not know the model number however it looks like the one in the picture.
                              How do I see if it's 14270 or 1016?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X