Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn U1/U2 Prices gone up!!

Hi All,

I have heard from the THG (Singapore AD) that the price of a Sinn U1 has gone up from $2930 to $3375. Thats quite a jump..

I understand from them that it is a worldwide event.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

U1 like always no stock, even at that price I'm sure there will still be queue for it....

Comment

every once in while, there comes a brand with a model/series that screams of value for money. The U series from Sinn is one fine example. The seiko monster is also another good example. I am however a little disappointed with the direction that lothar has undertaken for the company. if functionality and value for money are the primary objectives, then should try to keep it that way. my views on this are based purely on "gut-feel" of the average WIS. with the way sinn is screwing up their qc on u series watches including mine, it won't be long before they start to lose their fan base.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

Feu, what happened to ur U1?

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
          Feu, what happened to ur U1?
          ar on crystal got 1mm faint hairline after cleaning...with water and cleaning cloth! F**K not easily visible but still?! what superhard coating, all bullocks lah.
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            ar on crystal got 1mm faint hairline after cleaning...with water and cleaning cloth! F**K not easily visible but still?! what superhard coating, all bullocks lah.
            Tat might be a deterrent for me to get e U1 sia. alamak popular liao become complacent ah.. sigh... where e QC??

U may want to speak to e AD bro.
            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
              Hi All,

I have heard from the THG (Singapore AD) that the price of a Sinn U1 has gone up from $2930 to $3375. Thats quite a jump..

I understand from them that it is a worldwide event.
              Last I know it is retailing at S$2200.

Recently checked Yahoo auctions, pre-owned are about $1,900.
              Hublot Red Devil Bang
              Panerai PAM48
              Corum Bubble Royal Flush
              Corum Admiral Cup
              Rolex Yacht Master
              Rolex Cellini
              Sinn U1 All Black
              Sinn U1
              Tag Heuer Kirum

Wishlist:
              Urwerk 103.08 Tialn

Comment

Can it be that the scratch is on the anti-reflective coating and not on the crystal. Still under warranty rite? Get it change
                Price is a problem if there is no value!

Comment

Nope..warranty does not cover scratch on AR or cryatal..under norm wear and tear..happens to me too..so i understand the pain and frustration. Only thing holding me back from getting another U1 or a U2.

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
                    Nope..warranty does not cover scratch on AR or cryatal..under norm wear and tear..happens to me too..so i understand the pain and frustration. Only thing holding me back from getting another U1 or a U2.
                    then i better think twice getting a U2....
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      It come with the ownership of watches, wear and tear. Even a rolex crystal can get scratches and chip.

U1 at this price and build is definately worth the money.
                      Price is a problem if there is no value!

Comment

I think thrice (x3) when getting a U1 or U2.
                        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                        Rolex LV submariner
                        Rolex TT black submariner
                        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                        Rolex Non date submariner
                        Rolex Explorer2
                        More...

Comment

Chaps, let me give my 0.02ct worth for the U1 based on the scant knowledge that I possess. In all honesty, U1 is one serious SOB that can really take a pounding. couple of months ago, this baby took a really hard knock on a glass door w/o sustaining any damage to the case. Nothing, i actually put the watch under a very powerful magnifying glass (office equipment), not even a scratch! If this had happened to my SD, i would have fainted on the spot and taken MC the following day and prob subsequent hospitalisation.

last nite, I placed this baby in the winder without realising that half of the watch face was in full contact with the glass cover. Switched it on and went for makan. when i returned, I heard some scratching noise but just could not ascertain the source when I discovered the horror! in my heart, i knew the U1 was f**ked! What i witnessed was nothing short of a miracle, NO damage whatsoever.

These two encounters coupled with countless acts of abuse(water sports & shooting) plus daily desk diving drew me to the conclusion that perhaps this is the ULTIMATE dailybeater to hv. it's affordable when i bought it in 2007. it's still pretty affordable and readily available (esp in KL THG). The tegimented steel is not some gimmick that cannot hold up to it's claims. it's seriously tough!

the AR coating on the glass seems to be a common grouse for all sinn owners. I read somewhere that the AR will weaken over time due to exposire to the elements like seawater and all that jazz. personally, i prefer this watch w/o the AR.

as to why Sinn would allow certain models to pass QC is a puzzle, like how rolex can pass some watches that seriously cannot make it. Go read up in rolex forums. Some guy just bought a SD where some markers were misaligned.

I won't recommend U2 to anyone unless he requires the GMT function. The dial also looks tad a little too busy for me. I think some U2 owners also got problems with the movement. further reading is encouraged at the watchuseek forums to gain better understanding as my knowledge of sinn is relatively scant.

that's my 2p worth of the Sinn U1.
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Chaps, let me give my 0.02ct worth for the U1 based on the scant knowledge that I possess. In all honesty, U1 is one serious SOB that can really take a pounding. couple of months ago, this baby took a really hard knock on a glass door w/o sustaining any damage to the case. Nothing, i actually put the watch under a very powerful magnifying glass (office equipment), not even a scratch! If this had happened to my SD, i would have fainted on the spot and taken MC the following day and prob subsequent hospitalisation.

last nite, I placed this baby in the winder without realising that half of the watch face was in full contact with the glass cover. Switched it on and went for makan. when i returned, I heard some scratching noise but just could not ascertain the source when I discovered the horror! in my heart, i knew the U1 was f**ked! What i witnessed was nothing short of a miracle, NO damage whatsoever.

These two encounters coupled with countless acts of abuse(water sports & shooting) plus daily desk diving drew me to the conclusion that perhaps this is the ULTIMATE dailybeater to hv. it's affordable when i bought it in 2007. it's still pretty affordable and readily available (esp in KL THG). The tegimented steel is not some gimmick that cannot hold up to it's claims. it's seriously tough!

the AR coating on the glass seems to be a common grouse for all sinn owners. I read somewhere that the AR will weaken over time due to exposire to the elements like seawater and all that jazz. personally, i prefer this watch w/o the AR.

as to why Sinn would allow certain models to pass QC is a puzzle, like how rolex can pass some watches that seriously cannot make it. Go read up in rolex forums. Some guy just bought a SD where some markers were misaligned.

I won't recommend U2 to anyone unless he requires the GMT function. The dial also looks tad a little too busy for me. I think some U2 owners also got problems with the movement. further reading is encouraged at the watchuseek forums to gain better understanding as my knowledge of sinn is relatively scant.

that's my 2p worth of the Sinn U1.
                            Thanks for the reassurance, bro. Great input from you...
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance, bro. Great input from you...
                              Most welcome, james. btw, i m not affiliated to sinn or thg in any way.
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X