Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Cheat on Yahoo SG Rolex Auction

Dear all,

Just want to share on the following thread and hope to keep all alert on those rolex auction in Yahoo.

Note: I'm new in this hobby recently.

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:ro...D%21:212664386

Tks for sharing...only problem is...those people can re register another acct =(

So best just take precaution....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Tks for sharing...only problem is...those people can re register another acct =(

So best just take precaution....
      Yes, agreed. However, what we can do most straightforward is to request for a verification at RSC.

There was once in which I was interested in the GMT and has posted a request to go to RSC for the verification. In the end, there was no reply from the seller.

Comment

many time i also got the same thing, i request seller send to RSC (melbourne) and he refuse saying that i will be protected blah blah blah, somemore i say that if i am winner, i will pay for your watch and the verification as well as postage to/from. but if RSC say fake, seller will bear all cost.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          many time i also got the same thing, i request seller send to RSC (melbourne) and he refuse saying that i will be protected blah blah blah, somemore i say that if i am winner, i will pay for your watch and the verification as well as postage to/from. but if RSC say fake, seller will bear all cost.
          Originally posted by ranchu8888 View Post
          Yes, agreed. However, what we can do most straightforward is to request for a verification at RSC.

There was once in which I was interested in the GMT and has posted a request to go to RSC for the verification. In the end, there was no reply from the seller.
          Yeah....once they hear RSC they will scared liao

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

There are a lot of scams in the yahoo auctions. Be especially careful if the sellers are overseas one
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

that is sad as a few people really spoil it for legitimate sellers
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

well, like they say on other forums, buy the buyer and not the watch.
                i don't buy/sell watches over the internet unless the seller/ buyer's has impeccable reputation and there is full insurance coverage. for local sales, meetups are a must as well as verification at RSC (if it's a rolex). for the scammers, some are pretty clear-cut and you deserve it if they manage to scam you e.g. i had this fellow asking me to ship my pam to nigeria, saying that he will pay me upon confirmation of receipt and after i politely said no, he still pretended that the sale was on and he would send me chasers reminding me that he is awaiting receipt of the watch
                but they are also getting more and more sophiscated e.g. setting up fake email accounts almost identical to well-known respected and reliable traders to provide false positive references...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

That guy's thread has been up for some time and rightly so.

When I started out, one scammer even let me cancel my bid because I wanted to meet in person and verify the watch!

I only use yahoo SG if the seller is contactable locally and can meet up at RSC for verification.

Oh - the most interesting thing. I was at the chinaSQ flea market yesterday. I actually saw in-person some of the fakes that are on yahoo-SG ... it was amazing stuff. They even faked a GMT 16750 complete with patina dial. But it wasn't too difficult to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    well, like they say on other forums, buy the buyer and not the watch.
                    i don't buy/sell watches over the internet unless the seller/ buyer's has impeccable reputation and there is full insurance coverage. for local sales, meetups are a must as well as verification at RSC (if it's a rolex). for the scammers, some are pretty clear-cut and you deserve it if they manage to scam you e.g. i had this fellow asking me to ship my pam to nigeria, saying that he will pay me upon confirmation of receipt and after i politely said no, he still pretended that the sale was on and he would send me chasers reminding me that he is awaiting receipt of the watch
                    but they are also getting more and more sophiscated e.g. setting up fake email accounts almost identical to well-known respected and reliable traders to provide false positive references...
                    they also send you a very authentic looking paypal confirmation emails from an email adress that really look like paypal, they just change it to Pay-pal.com or similar, the email confirms your account has recieved funds from mr.xxx

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X