Pre-Moon Watch Omega Speedmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Moon Watch Omega Speedmaster

One of my collection is a vintage 1960's pre moon watch with a Cal 321 instead of 861.

There's mention that the Omega Speedmaster without the Moon word indicatation are the ones that went up to the moon using the same watch machanism.

So likely Cal 321 and Cal 861 made it to the moon.

Anyone has a similar Pre-Moon Omega Speedmaster vintage Watch? A real collectible....

Hey boss , nice to see you here !
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Yup, I have a pre-moon Speedmaster but mine is a cal.861. Going to sell it pretty soon I think.

Comment

Originally posted by lteoh View Post
        One of my collection is a vintage 1960's pre moon watch with a Cal 321 instead of 861.

There's mention that the Omega Speedmaster without the Moon word indicatation are the ones that went up to the moon using the same watch machanism.

Anyone has a similar Pre-Moon Omega Speedmaster vintage Watch? A real collectible....
        IIRC: 321 went up first. 861 went up later.

it was not cost effective to make the 321, so they simplified the movement and produced the 861.

321/861/1861 are all well supported by bienne, but a real collector would definitely include a pre-moon 321 as it is deemed the 'first' watch on the moon and is no longer in production.

any speedmaster with 'moon' on it would have been after the marketing machine took over 861/1861 has been there and is flight qualified but can never take 321's distinction.

chuck maddox's website is still being maintained and is a good source for speedmaster enthusiasts!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by lteoh View Post

The 321 is a keeper. Any pixs?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X