Jlc Master Geographique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jlc Master Geographique

Spent a few weeks with this piece & below are my feedbacks & reviews for sharing (any JLC supportors ?)

WATCH REVIEW COMMENTS
    Movement :
    Mechanical movement,calibre 929/3,adjusted & tested in 6 positions,power reserve 38 hours,38 jewels,28,800 vph,1,000 hours tested.217 parts more complex than the master perpetual.Finishing is neat & 1st class.This I really have to give it to JLC.In short "refinement ! "
    Case, Crystal and Crown :
    Stainless steel case highly polished shines like a mirror! 42mm in diameter, 38mm sapphire crystal,2 crowns one at 3 o'clock to adjust time,winding & adjusting second time zone.One at 10 o'clock to switch to whichever timezones/cities required.Water resistance to 50m.Displayed back.
    Dial and Hands:
    Black dial with power reserve meter at 10 o'clock position. Date indicator meter at 2'o clock,second time zone & day/night indicator at 6 o'clock.Although the dial & hands are simply beautiful !
    Accuracy
    7 seconds a week very impressive indeed!
    Strap, Buckle or Bracelet
    Hand stitched croco-strap with JLC deployment buckle,I felt that the strap is a bit thin it should be more padded.
    User Manual and Packaging
    POSH!Blue inner box & outer box,but not important to me at all.
    Comfort
    Due to the deployment buckle it sits nicely on the wrist !
    Value :
    JLC watches are famous for their movement & finishing.In this case the master geographic does qualified to be one of their watches that has a complex & complicated movement.Well tested for reliability & accuracy.Perfect for the modern traveller.......
    Points for Improvement:
    I wish the watch can be bigger,this will improves readibility.
    I wish the water resistance can be higer as it is suppose to be a traveller's
    watch.

Other than these 2 points it is a great watch !!!! I understand that the newer version is 40mm liao ! So only 1 more point to work on !
    Cheers JLC !
    The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
    The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
    The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Thks for the review ... would be great if you could pls also include some pics
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
      Thks for the review ... would be great if you could pls also include some pics
      thanks for reading my 5 cents worth guess not many jlc fan out there yet !
      too bad they are really refine & nice watch maker !
      The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

me me me... i support!
        my very first decent timepiece is a JLC...
        too bad, in SG, not many ppl appreciates...

my only gripe with my JLC is that according to brochure and Internet, it has >60hrs power reserve... the Richmonte service centre says... realistically, should be closer to 40hrs. I believe most of us on this forum has a number of timepieces... even if I wear my JLC every other day, I still need to adj time and wind it everytime.

they are a true manufactura (typo?), not many of these around today. Being my first good timepiece, it is extra special. I love reading their catalogue, more like hardcover book. If you ask the SA of Sincere, they'll give you one... lots of history....

Comment

Jlc Geo

hey bro ! thanks for reading man !

regards
          timefreak

Comment

Originally posted by timefreak2000 View Post
            thanks for reading my 5 cents worth guess not many jlc fan out there yet !
            too bad they are really refine & nice watch maker !
            Hi,
            Actually after reading and knowing more abt watches I find JLC watches v attractive and value for $
            So many diff movements, superb finishing and refinement.

Comment

find a nice preowned piece if u like them they are worth every penny ! even
              AP uses jlc movements ! btw thanks for reading my fellow jlc lover friend !

Comment

I am a big fan of JLC and particularly like their Master series of that era.

Those were the days when JLC offered both black and silver dial options on their Masters. Sadly, black dials are only obtainable on precious metal or boutique editions nowadays. I am in a quest for the Master Moon too

Here are my humble JLC collections:

Comment

Hi Sandisk,
                  Wow, great collection there!
                  Is the 1st piece the Master RDM? I tot it's only offered in leather strap, noticed tt ur's is a steel bracelet

Comment

Originally posted by Forsei View Post
                    Hi Sandisk,
                    Wow, great collection there!
                    Is the 1st piece the Master RDM? I tot it's only offered in leather strap, noticed tt ur's is a steel bracelet
                    Thanks mate,

Yes, that's the RDM.

You may order the bracelet version and, believe me, you will not be disappointed. Just don't purchase the bracelet on its own as that would cost a whopping $2,300.

I also recall that I saw a RDM on bracelet when I visited the JLC boutique last month.

Comment

wow ! swee man ! 3 cheers for a hardcore supportor for jlc !
                      made for gentlemen wore by gentlemen !

Comment

U have some outstanding models there...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X