No announcement yet.

M series LV Sub with/out Charter ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M series LV Sub with/out Charter ring?

Can the expert pls advise me. Recently, someone checked with me whether my M series LV Green sub got any charter ring surrounding the dial(rolex engraving)? He said some have some don't, I thought he was joking. As I thought only Z series second half already got the charter ring. However, till recently I discovered that only certain M series LV Sub got the charter ring. Lucky mine have the ring But Why?

Comex 1665, Daytona 6263 Mark I Dial Zenith, Daytona SS 16520 Black Zenith, GMT 1675 Matt Dial, GMT Fatlady 16760, Explorer II 1655 Orange Hand, Submariner 1680 Red, Submariner 5512 Matt, Submariner LV 'M' Series, Submariner 5513 Matt, Omega Seamaster Ltd Ed 007, Cyma Andy Lau's watch.

dont quote me on this, but i think its the case assembly.
    quite possible, they ran out of the plain chapter ring, and used the new engraved chapter ring.

just like how some gmtII got the 3186 and not 3185, also why some of the dial is "II" or "ll" marked.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      dont quote me on this, but i think its the case assembly.
      quite possible, they ran out of the plain chapter ring, and used the new engraved chapter ring.

just like how some gmtII got the 3186 and not 3185, also why some of the dial is "II" or "ll" marked.
      Sound reasonable, but I checked some earlier Mseries don't have, middle batch have and the latest don't have. Very fishy???.

As for GMT 2 16710 my explaination is that certain country dial is different, and not mean that GMT eleven or M series got a 3186 movement. As I got a few gmt eleven that are from earlier D series when 3186 movement not yet born. And I have checked the country codes, only certain countty got eleven. the same as date just, certain country dial can print their country ruler on the dial.

Comex 1665, Daytona 6263 Mark I Dial Zenith, Daytona SS 16520 Black Zenith, GMT 1675 Matt Dial, GMT Fatlady 16760, Explorer II 1655 Orange Hand, Submariner 1680 Red, Submariner 5512 Matt, Submariner LV 'M' Series, Submariner 5513 Matt, Omega Seamaster Ltd Ed 007, Cyma Andy Lau's watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SingaporeRolexCentre View Post
        Can the expert pls advise me. Recently, someone checked with me whether my M series LV Green sub got any charter ring surrounding the dial(rolex engraving)? He said some have some don't, I thought he was joking. As I thought only Z series second half already got the charter ring. However, till recently I discovered that only certain M series LV Sub got the charter ring. Lucky mine have the ring But Why?
        Expert may refer to ebay or Spore dealer website to see the pic M series without charter ring.

Comment

status update
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It's chapter ring...just to correct ya.

As for the chapter ring..It's alittle controversial sometimes

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Sori but why "alittle controversial"?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Came across this article (courtesy of orchi from TRF):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/20759...ary+Submariner

Very interesting read....enjoy.... cheers...
                Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Gd read. Tx.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post

Great info! Thks for sharing
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

bump onto this article sometime ago.Quite interesting though..but which would one prefer?With or without the rehaut ring...?Besides the added security...looks better?

Comment

Personally, with engraving for me.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          bump onto this article sometime ago.Quite interesting though..but which would one prefer?With or without the rehaut ring...?Besides the added security...looks better?
                          well personally for me.... i guess i would prefer added security features....

Comment

well personally for me.... i guess i would prefer added security features....
                            haiz..added security or not.You guys may have seen the scary fakes deepsea or LV articles our fellow member posted here sometime ago. Thanks to those who shared this info here and serve an alarm to us how good and real this fakes are!Really have to salute to this fakes makers! So no surprises they could even make the rehaut ring in the watches too..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                              haiz..added security or not.You guys may have seen the scary fakes deepsea or LV articles our fellow member posted here sometime ago. Thanks to those who shared this info here and serve an alarm to us how good and real this fakes are!Really have to salute to this fakes makers! So no surprises they could even make the rehaut ring in the watches too..
                              i guess as long as any additional security features...the fakers will always follow lar... but like the good old saying goes... as long as it's from AD...i guess i will be able to sleep at night lar..hehheeheheh

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X