Bracelet and Case Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracelet and Case Maintenance

After reading about the various methods WIS' use to maintain their watch cases, bracelets, and cleaning rituals, I decided to compile a page that list many of these routines.

I posted it over at http://www.minus4plus6.com/maintenance.htm

Comments, suggestions, additions, and spell check's welcome.

-Sheldon
    Last edited by triton; 04-05-08, 07:25 AM. Reason: merge duplicate posts

Nice tips .

Thx for sharing
    1675/16610/116234/78240
    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
    Hublot BB ASF
    PAM 104J
    Sinn 903 H2
    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post

After reading about the various methods WIS' use to maintain their watch cases, bracelets, and cleaning rituals, I decided to compile a page that list many of these routines.

-Sheldon
      hey bro..nice guide..however, removing bracelet on a sel bracelet seems like a difficult task to achieve without scratching the lugs..

abt the Bergeon 6825..can we replace the standard tip with the spare tips from the bergeon 6111? if able, i guess it will be much more easy to remove the sel bracelet..
      Last edited by leslie; 04-05-08, 02:55 AM.

Comment

If you use the Burgeon 6825 tool and tape the lugs, it is not that hard... With a standard tool, it is a little more tricky, but taping the lugs works.

-Sheldon

Comment

wow thanks for sharing

Comment

If you use the Burgeon 6825 tool and tape the lugs, it is not that hard... With a standard tool, it is a little more tricky, but taping the lugs works.

-Sheldon
            thanks for the info..i was thinking of getting the 6825 tool and tips from 6111..i do not know where to get the bergeon 6825 as well..seems like there are some problems getting it in singapore..

i think RSC uses 6111 as well..but my experience with them is that they can really scratch your lugs because they dun bother to put tapes on it..when i asked the counter lady and they told me that it will be polish off when you send it in for a full servicing..but the problem is, my watch is only 2 weeks old..

so i will try to send in watches with bracelet after that incident..

Comment

u bought your watch pre-own or brand? why sending it in after only 2 weeks?

Originally posted by leslie View Post

they told me that it will be polish off when you send it in for a full servicing..but the problem is, my watch is only 2 weeks old..

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post

thanks for the info..i was thinking of getting the 6825 tool and tips from 6111..i do not know where to get the bergeon 6825 as well..seems like there are some problems getting it in singapore..

i think RSC uses 6111 as well..but my experience with them is that they can really scratch your lugs because they dun bother to put tapes on it..when i asked the counter lady and they told me that it will be polish off when you send it in for a full servicing..but the problem is, my watch is only 2 weeks old..

YUp agree. Imagine if your watch is never polish before and well taken care of without scratches on watch case or lug. Yet they don't bother to tape and make scratches after that then polish it.
                Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                Rolex LV submariner
                Rolex TT black submariner
                Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                Rolex Non date submariner
                Rolex Explorer2
                More...

Comment

Just wondering that most rolex center link is hollow except for daytona, milgauss and GMT2c. If you polish the center link, it will make it thinner. The center link thickness is already quite thin, I wondering whether after 4 times or more polishing will it break a not?
                  Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                  Rolex LV submariner
                  Rolex TT black submariner
                  Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                  Rolex Non date submariner
                  Rolex Explorer2
                  More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                    Just wondering that most rolex center link is hollow except for daytona, milgauss and GMT2c. If you polish the center link, it will make it thinner. The center link thickness is already quite thin, I wondering whether after 4 times or more polishing will it break a not?
                    I think should be OK, because the metal that is polished in a single session isnt a lot. I know because my old man sharpen knifes the Japanese style (inch by inch), and the amount of metal taken off is quite minimal. Having said that, the polishing disk used by watchmakers is even more fine (lower grit).
                    A rough guide, sanding wooden floors use 100-400grit, sharpening knives is about 10-30grit, and watchmaker is even less.

YUp agree. Imagine if your watch is never polish before and well taken care of without scratches on watch case or lug. Yet they don't bother to tape and make scratches after that then polish it.
                    must remember that watch even those well taken care off, will need polishing at its service interval, since I read in one of the revolution mags before, even shirt cuffs can put some micro scratches. Ill leave the rest to your imagination.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      u bought your watch pre-own or brand? why sending it in after only 2 weeks?
                      a brand new piece from dickson watch..the automatic winding got some creaky sound..

and RSC still managed to put scratches on all the lugs..in front some more, althought i told them in advance to becareful..

something i think RSC technician skills are even much worst than seiko service center..

Comment

somemore is a new watch..the lugs completely rounded out after polishing so imagine how deep is the scratch..the lugs on the 2 weeks old 16570 looks exactly like those 10 year old watches that been through 4-5 polishing liao..

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          I think should be OK, because the metal that is polished in a single session isnt a lot. I know because my old man sharpen knifes the Japanese style (inch by inch), and the amount of metal taken off is quite minimal. Having said that, the polishing disk used by watchmakers is even more fine (lower grit).
                          A rough guide, sanding wooden floors use 100-400grit, sharpening knives is about 10-30grit, and watchmaker is even less.

must remember that watch even those well taken care off, will need polishing at its service interval, since I read in one of the revolution mags before, even shirt cuffs can put some micro scratches. Ill leave the rest to your imagination.

actually i dun mind those scratches I put myself..but RSC which is supposed to take care of you watches put some deep scratches on the visible part of the lugs..this is scary..

Comment

i think unless you polish everyday if not quite difficult to break it

Comment

-Sheldon
                              Great info! Thks for sharing!
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X