My grestest find this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grestest find this year

This is the first time I post pictures of my watch. I just can't restain my euphoria. The joy of finding this piece surpass even when I took hold of my Pam 217 and Patek 5712! It's true.

Even since I bought my IWC Portuguese 5001, I have longed to get the Portuguese 5000 (Or called Portuguese 2000 cos it was unveiled in year 2000 in 2000 number pieces....250 in platinum, 750 in Rose gold and 1000 in SS).

I hunted for this for 2 years and even gave up my 5001 cos I just needed to get this 'Reverse Panda'. Only the SS model comes in black with silver sub dials.

So here, when I least expected....found it in the streets of Paris while visitng LV and Chanels with friends...

Enjoy...

Doh...

Let's try this again....

Ooommmm...

Can't get it to work....sorry

Comment

Last try

This is my last attempt to load some pics....hope it works

http://www.flickr.com/photos/democritus71/3776890147/

Comment

help you out.....

Comment

Thanks Bro....I'm really bad at these stuff.

Comment

Chris, this is a fantastic find. Congratulations. Seen it once at Penang airport duty free shop many years ago but it didn't strike the watch bug then. How's the condition of the plexi glass?

Comment

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
              Chris, this is a fantastic find. Congratulations. Seen it once at Penang airport duty free shop many years ago but it didn't strike the watch bug then. How's the condition of the plexi glass?
              Thanks Bro. Ya, always like that. It was retailing at US$10500 back then and I suppose it does seem a little pricey back at the turn of the millennium.

The plexi is good and best of all Richemont says it cost $65 to replace one unlike the sapphire which are many hundreds. A feel similar to vintage rolex.

So no fear of wearing and scratching it. I wore it to Eiffel the night I got it. A great watch to keep. No regrets replacing my Portuguese 5001 with this.

Comment

This piece is definitely a keeper. I'm surprised with the low replacement cost of the plexi glass. Keep it longer and it might just turn into a sotheby piece hehe.

I will check with you on the location of the shop in Paris when I visit my offices there.

Once again, great piece you've got.

Comment

That's a great find! Congrats on landing the watch of your desire.

Paris really many poisonous shops around.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
                    This piece is definitely a keeper. I'm surprised with the low replacement cost of the plexi glass. Keep it longer and it might just turn into a sotheby piece hehe.

I will check with you on the location of the shop in Paris when I visit my offices there.

Once again, great piece you've got.
                    Sure. Let me know when you next visit Paris.

This is surely a keeper for me. It's almost like destiny to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                      That's a great find! Congrats on landing the watch of your desire.

Paris really many poisonous shops around.
                      Definietly lots of poison, especially for ladies. My friends and I bought at least 20 LVs + chanel, Loewe, Miu Miu and lots more.

It was heng heng I found this cos lots of watch hunters there too. It just came in and I saw, bought on the spot.

Comment

any change to see it in person ???

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex48 View Post
                          any change to see it in person ???
                          Bro, you sure got chance one lah but this may not be your taste. haha

Comment

ok, i wait.

Comment

Great catch! Congrats!
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X