Pam 203 vs 127

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 203 vs 127

I think I can never own a Pam 203 so I may as well work hard and save up for a 127, to hopefully one day own a holy grail. At least its still a 47mm.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Both are great watches... But 203 is WAYYY out of my league... And yes 127 is power....
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Wife will divorce Husband and Mother will disown child if they ever find out that a simple 203 cost 3 years of annual income.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
        Wife will divorce Husband and Mother will disown child if they ever find out that a simple 203 cost 3 years of annual income.
        Haha definitely.... Maybe run away with the 203 too...
        PAM 233K :woohoo:
        IWC BP 5004 :D
        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

The 203 is also my ultimate Pam grail....but even strike 4D also not enough to get one.

At least I had the chance to wear the 203 and the 21 on my wrist (few minutes) coutesy of a very rich collector. The feeling is heavenly.

Would be happy if I can amass the quartet of 127, 217, 249 and 232.

Comment

Thanks, brothers! At least I know I dun walk alone. Few things in life matter. Watches are our poison. You know so many other habits could be worse. I wonder if OP will ever get something out ever beating their 1950's series. This is so going to bump in value over the years if they don't dilute the pedigree!

Reminds me of a fav song chorus in the "Wicked Game " by Chris Isaak when I feel down and out :

"What a wicked game you play,
            To make me feel this way,
            What a wicked thing to do,
            To let me dream of you,
            What a wicked thing to say,
            You never felt this way,
            What a wicked thing to do,
            To make me dream of you,
            And I don't wanna fall in love,
            [This love is only gonna break your heart]
            And I don't want to fall in love,
            [This love is only gonna break your heart]

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
            Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

Comment

Anyone can share the price diff of 127 n 203? Thanks

Comment

For the record...

Bros, I stand to be corrected but I feel it necessary to point out the general price direction esp for us holy-grail "hunters and gatherers" who have yet to get badly burned by over-inflated prices before . So this is my impression of the damage to your pocket or bank account at prevailing mkt conditions (in ballpark figures) :

Pam 127 aka the "Fiddy" is about S$30k (SE of 1950 pieces).

Pam 203 with "Angelus" 8-day movement is about S$150k (SE of 150 pieces).

In other words, the price difference is nearly 5 times and the circulation difference is almost 13 times!

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                  The 203 is also my ultimate Pam grail....but even strike 4D also not enough to get one.
                  At least I had the chance to wear the 203 and the 21 on my wrist (few minutes) coutesy of a very rich collector. The feeling is heavenly.
                  Would be happy if I can amass the quartet of 127, 217, 249 and 232.
                  Lucky dude! If me, I sure tempted to try a "Look! A unicorn....!" and then run off with the 21 on my left writst and 203 on my right wrist when the owner is distracted....
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    Lucky dude! If me, I sure tempted to try a "Look! A unicorn....!" and then run off with the 21 on my left writst and 203 on my right wrist when the owner is distracted....
                    And spend the next 10 years in a cell in Changi reminiscing that great few days. haha.

The weight of the Platinum Pam 21 was unmistakable. The Pam 203 just has a mystified attraction with that little circle next to 3.

It will not happen but if I can keep one, I will choose the 203. Just like I will take the 190 over the 232 too....Had both, sold both and only think of buying back the 190. Just love the word 8 days on the dial!

Comment

Thanks bro Taipan for the reply.

Comment

Holy Grail

No prob! Just doing the same if I was in your position. Better still , pray tell us all when you finally make that lucky catch!

Comment

Guys let me know remind you there is another one. The Holy Holy Grail.

PAM267

Price: Unthinkable

Comment

Whoa, ur pay high

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                            Me pay low

Comment

Pam 203 Angelus Movement "8 Giorni Brevettato"

I just discovered that the circular words on the Pam 203 Angelus dial " 8 Giorni Brevettato" actually means "8 Days Patented" :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X