• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force one.......

Just got back from a long day!!

Heres what I purchased yesterday!

more pics coming up once i fin my bath and getsome good lighting

if not most prob post tom during the day when there is sunlight
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

sun was bad this morn but luckily can still capture some pics.

Nothing really spectacular so don be too disappointed

Heres what I bought

Decided on the Mark XV after trying on the 15 and found it to be too big for me. Big because of the lug-to-lug distance (Its even longer than my GMTIIc!). However, for some reason on that day that I realised the 16 wasnt for me, I wasnt disappointed. turned out that I preferred the 15 haha!! Was a blessing in disguise as I would have bought the XVI and then in my mind, kept thinking of the 15.

Anyway, point I am trying to make is, watch is a very personal preference. you basically don need to bother with who prefers what and likes what. For me, I was asking ard which is better, 16 or 15. In actual fact, there is no better or not. Its a matter of preference as most people prefer the more model looking 16. However, for me, I actually found the 16 to be more like a BP wannabe and has a striking resemblance to other German brands such as Sinn and Damasko.

I undestand from Decksurgeon that the revamp was to make the series more specific by IWC. I agree with that but unfortunately, dint really work for me. I do like the BP tho. Saw it physically on someone's wrist one day and it was really gorgeous. Too bad too big and too ex for me

Finally, the wristshot!!

This is the most simple looking watch I ever own. I always liked and prefer those chornos and complicated looking stuff esp with chunky bezels. Issue is, I get tired of looking at them after say 1-2 years. Started with Carrera, then to 3717, then to sinn757, fortis, etc. After 1 big round, (mayb age is catching up with me), I went back to simple clean looking dials.

now need to search for strap le cos don intend to use the original strap. doesnt look nice issue is, this is a bloody 19mm odd lug!!

guess cant be perfect in all ways

Thanks for viewing!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Sweeesweee congrats again

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Bro, JW has compatible straps, 19/16 is the right size for the Mark XV. If not, 20/16 is ok also, 1mm doesn't make much difference, just a tighter squeeze and in fact, getting a wider strap is better in the long run when the leather shrinks.
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
          Bro, JW has compatible straps, 19/16 is the right size for the Mark XV. If not, 20/16 is ok also, 1mm doesn't make much difference, just a tighter squeeze and in fact, getting a wider strap is better in the long run when the leather shrinks.
          thanks bro, will go on tue to see see

btw, when you say 19/16, it means lug = 19mm then the 16 stands for the buckle?

Comment

length of strap if i not mistaken.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think u r right
              Originally posted by exxondus View Post

Comment

Yeah Bros,
                You're both right. 19/16= 19mm for the lug, 16mm for the deployant buckle.
                I remember the one I got from JW last year was damn nice!
                Hope they still have stock.
                Pity I didn't take any photos of my Mark XV before I sold it : (
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

Bro Exxondus,, swee swee pilot..
                  I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Thoughtful choice and definitely beautiful. Enjoy it!
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thank you thank you

my bank account for this year is officilly closed to watches by my CFO for this year.

Comment

Bro, what is the damage wor? PM is too sensitive.. cheerss..
                        I'm a super low-baller

Comment

hmm, lets just say I was lucky and managed to get way above the usual discount rate of 17% for IWC watches

probably is they wanted to get rid of this old stock

Comment

Yes, John told me before

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                            Yeah Bros,
                            You're both right. 19/16= 19mm for the lug, 16mm for the deployant buckle.
                            I remember the one I got from JW last year was damn nice!
                            Hope they still have stock.
                            Pity I didn't take any photos of my Mark XV before I sold it : (

Comment

okie Jwatch opening tomorrow so can pop by if i free..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X