Omega Screw-down crown not screw in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Screw-down crown not screw in

Hi, just wondering can anybody enlighten me on this topic. For Seamaster Chrono that come with Screw-in Crown, as i believe everybody know that Screw-in Crown is a Self-locking crown, screwed into the tube of the case, used for highly water resistant divers' watches.

My question is, without screw-in the Crown, will it compromise water resistant level since without screw-in the crown, it work like other watch such as Speedmaster that does not have screw-in crown.

Originally posted by Ball View Post
    Hi, just wondering can anybody enlighten me on this topic. For Seamaster Chrono that come with Screw-in Crown, as i believe everybody know that Screw-in Crown is a Self-locking crown, screwed into the tube of the case, used for highly water resistant divers' watches.

My question is, without screw-in the Crown, will it compromise water resistant level since without screw-in the crown, it work like other watch such as Speedmaster that does not have screw-in crown.
    Yes, it will compromise the water resistant level if you nv screw in the crown properly. Read somewhere the water resistant level is 50m without screw in the crown. But forgot read from where liao.

Comment

Omega Screw-down crown

yup... anyway, since still under warranty, advise from Swatch group to bring down to do a check, did that... and take about an hour for them to open and check for any sign of water...

glad that everything's was fine since the watch is still very new and swatch group also did a water pressure test on the watch and in perfect condition.

Comment

Omega Screw-down crown

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
        Yes, it will compromise the water resistant level if you nv screw in the crown properly. Read somewhere the water resistant level is 50m without screw in the crown. But forgot read from where liao.
        Hi, i think the 50m applied to the helium escape value which indicated in the omeaga seamster manual

Quote : even if the valve is unscrewed, and we recommend that

the valve remains screwed down whenever the watch is immersed

in water, the watch is still water resistant to 50 metres. However,

complete water resistance is guaranteed by gasket (B) when the

valve is screwed down.

Maybe to all the diver watches collector, can anyone verify?

Comment

i suppose 50metres is correct water resistant level....with the unscrew valve...but provided your watch is pressure tested every year...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

omega helium escape valve

yup.. i suppose feilong108 is right, unless you engage in diving etc, than maybe you need to do a water pressure/resistant test and if the watch is still under warranty, just bring to Swatch Group and do a test which the techinican will open out the case and check, close the case and do a dry/wet water pressure test.

Anyway... if you see mist in your watch.... hahahah than you know water has slipped in.

From some internet forum, somebody actually dive with helium escape valve unscrew for his omeag seamaster and this is what he said :

baylissjohnny27-07-06, 11:21 AM
            I also own an Omega Seamaster and I use it when i'm scuba diving. It's a great watch and can be worn from every day to formal occasions as the style is as good as the workings.
            Not to put seiko down too much, but my dad owned some form of seiko which was supposed to be water resistant to 200m. Well the first time it went past 5m it let in water and fried! He got a replacement (at a cost) from the jewelers but he won't let it get wet now.
            On the other hand I have even left the helium relese valve open on my seamaster when swimming and it still didn't let water in! I guess even if it did it could be dried without a problem as there are no electronic parts to it!
            They really are a class piece of kit.

Comment

no problem with swimming....but if for diving may as well get a seiko or casio...my diver watches are all desk diving only...never even touch water b4...

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                no problem with swimming....but if for diving may as well get a seiko or casio...my diver watches are all desk diving only...never even touch water b4...

cheers
                hahaha... me too, do not have the luck and fund for diving. Swimming was the least to test water resistant. Advise you to test too lah.. you never know water slipped in.

Comment

i do send my watches for pressure testing every 2 years ...for vintage pieces that i have i dun do that...only for modern pieces...cira 2000 onwards...

Comment

Mind sharing with me how much you paid for the service? Where you did you?
                    BTW, do they open the case and check or just a wet/dry water pressure test on the watch?

Comment

at a local watch repair centre....i send them in and collect them ard 2 weeks later....for servicing too....

Comment

Hi Feilong,

Thanks for the info. Guess for my omega seamaster, probably will do that as well on the 2nd year before warranty expired and on the 4 to 5 years, perhaps depend on the condition of the watch, might as well goes for the "Complete Maintenance Service" from Swatch Group to change the pusher, clown, helium valve, polishing, oiling etc etc. Heard that need to waif for 3 months and for chronograph, estimate cost is S$740 excluding sapphire and bezel.

Comment

i think the cost of full servicing went up to $850...that is the price i paid in april 2009 for my speedmaster..cheers..

Comment

ok, did you change any of the part like bezel, sapphire??
                            cos i only checked with them 2 days ago and the lady told me S$740 excluding bezel and sapphire

Comment

the price quoted is with GST?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X