Happy Sport - Can refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Sport - Can refund?

Check out the new watch I bought for gf, from Chopard Boutique at Taka today. 4K+. No discount. No 2/3000.
    Chopard Happy Black. Ceramic sides, titanium bottom.
    3 cute little diamonds. They will spin and spiral if u rock the watch slowly.
    Exactly the same as Happy Valentine except 3 diamonds instead of a heart.
    They say can add a heart for $1700, siao!
    Isn't it cool? Sorry apple iphone pics, poor quality keke

1. The beautiful satin box in shimmery silver

2. Ta-da, the beautiful watch itself

3. The watch's original rubber strap and the pink leather strap i just bought today. The watch is wearing a new shiny vinyl coated black leather strap.

And noticed the crown and the needle by the side!!! It fell out when we tried to adjust the time and date!!!
    Atrocious quality, even my swatch watches are more sturdy!
    Their quartz watch is like crap. The whole thing felt a bit flimsy. We should have stick to rolex! Or maybe even LV.

Can I demand a refund from Chopard Boutique??? Just bought from taka today. Made in Thailand??? The boutique will allow or not? I hate to escalate to CASE. Angry sia,
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 06-06-08, 10:59 PM.
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences. I would certainly try to get a refund ...
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

I am sure that they will be able to assist you when you bring it back in but do note of what you say when you explain your situation.
      SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

I think you shouldn't "fixed" your mind to ask for a refund. I know you feel very angry about the quality of the watch is made. But think back in the first place why you have bought the watch... its beautiful design, etc... Maybe I should advise you to bring the watch back to Chopard Boutique and see how they can help you with the defect.

Comment

Refund doesn't solve any problem, maybe they can replace a second piece?

Originally posted by psee View Post
          Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences. I would certainly try to get a refund ...

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
            I am sure that they will be able to assist you when you bring it back in but do note of what you say when you explain your situation.
            U mean be v polite ah?
            Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Huh? Refund is like we never bought it in the first place. It solves every thing. Although it really waste my time. 4K+ for a crap watch. Initially i thought it was maybe done on purpose, like i m suppose to be able to take the whole thing out. But later after i screw it back in, i cant even adjust the time and date accurately. My gf was really upset. And the needle looks like its rusting and its grimy-looking.

I think for an expensive watch, esp for a quartz, i m expecting v good quality if i m paying 40X more than what i would pay for a quartz Swatch. Its like if i buy a gucci wallet, i expect it to be of superior workmanship if it cost 5x more than braun. Why keep a precious watch if its not precious?
              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Thought of that too ... but bro BlueDevil's piece is a LE (2/3000) ... maybe that no. is of special significance? Also, while there are inevitably quality control issues with most brands, having the crown came off in less than 24 hours for no apparent reason does sound a little extreme ... Think there's no harm in explaining the issue to the AD to see if a refund, replacement piece or credit for other pieces can be agreed upon.
                运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

I think you should go "soft" first, if they try to "eat" you then you should go "hard" on them... Yes, "customers are always right" but this is not always true in Singapore. In a society like Singapore, everybody go by the book. Since the watch is already out of the shop, many things might have happened. So listen to what they say and seadweller is right, watch your words.

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                  U mean be v polite ah?

Comment

psee is right. Be open to options to solve the issue. Don't be angry. I know I said silly to say don't be angry but think over again, isn't that silly to get yourself so piss off after spending your hard-earned money? So don't be too upset and see what they can offer you.

Originally posted by psee View Post
                    Thought of that too ... but bro BlueDevil's piece is a LE (2/3000) ... maybe that no. is of special significance? Also, while there are inevitably quality control issues with most brands, having the crown came off in less than 24 hours for no apparent reason does sound a little extreme ... Think there's no harm in explaining the issue to the AD to see if a refund, replacement piece or credit for other pieces can be agreed upon.

Comment

Definitely...bring it back and tell it to them nicely. They dun eat...then whack them hard hard....just like 116520 said

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Bluedevil, I hope this issue will be solved tomorrow. Pls update us.

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                        U mean be v polite ah?

Comment

I m on call in my workplace tmr. I m stuck in my workplace for 24 hours, and I cant even leave the damn place for a min. I hope I can negotiate with my other colleague to cover me for 1 hour, but that could only happen if the workload tmr is not too heavy. Sigh.
                          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

I dun think they will offer a refund or exchange, probably they will send the watch back to the head quarters for a repair. Don't be offended , personally as a technician, I think it's not really a big issue on the crown. Talk to them nicely & I'm sure they are most willing to help.

Comment

my advice is like what most of the forum members members.

as it is a numbered edition, getting a replacement is a little harder. normally, for normal piece, it would have been easier to get a replacement piece. this can be verified through the serial number as each watch usually have a different serial number. on the other side, hopefully you can request for another numbered edition as it is usually psycological when it comes down to a defect unit that has been repaired.

on how to handle with the boutique staff. be POLITE but FIRM. ask them what they can do for you. from there, you negotiate. NEVER scream or shout @ them, it wont help your case. they can turn back on you and say when you left the shop, it was in good working condition, this can be verified through their close circuit camera.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X