Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Watch Repair/Service Recommendation ( Omega)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Watch Repair/Service Recommendation ( Omega)

Hi all,
    My dad passed me this piece of Omega

It is not silver but gold. condition quite bad as the gold has turn blackish due to age and he doesnt know how to maintain it.
    the body has a chip at the other side of the knob (dont know if the correct word to use).
    it still moves, now testing to see if the day/date still works.
    leather strap is gone case, need to replace it as it is too old and like got algae at the end.

question here is, worth to recondition?
    or whether can polish it back when there is a chip on the casing?
    http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/omega.html

from this webpage it says it is a 1972 piece. Not very sure about it as I am very new to this.

please advise.
    Thanks in advance.

Another vintage omega piece

Another person with a vintage Omega! Yes, the watch can definitely be restored - it's a matter of cost. If you want to restore it to sell, maybe you'll not make any money but since it is passed down from your dad, you should consider restoring it and one day pass down to your children. You should check the other post about places to restore. BTW, the watch could even be older than that - need to look at the serial and case number. As mentioned, Omega was more popular than Rolex in the 1950s/60s and hence, alot of people are buying watches from that era. There is a rather vibrant marketing for vintage omegas and hence, there'll definitely be some value if you keep it.

Comment

Recommendation to service Omega watch

Hi all,

Saw some water droplets on my watch when go to air cond places.
      Understand that swatch group service is expensive, since watch is out of warranty. Is there any local repair service shop to recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

If you bother to search the forum, you'll be able to see many, many people asked for such recommendations, and given.

Try these:

http://www.jwwatch.com/
        http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=29986 (Cabin Time)
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by tingwei View Post
          Hi all,

Saw some water droplets on my watch when go to air cond places.
          Understand that swatch group service is expensive, since watch is out of warranty. Is there any local repair service shop to recommend?

Thanks in advance!
          hi tingwei, my recommendation is Watch concept at lucky plaza. Very experienced ex Rolex and Richemont technicians there. Price wise is reasonable,and technicians are very friendly. They were recommended by a fellow risti..

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for all the advise!
            Wil give them a call.

rdgs

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              hi tingwei, my recommendation is Watch concept at lucky plaza. Very experienced ex Rolex and Richemont technicians there. Price wise is reasonable,and technicians are very friendly. They were recommended by a fellow risti..
              Hi Bro,

Do you have the number of Watch concept? Is it @ the 1st level beside the escalator?

Tks!
              A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X